Norwegian Sun in the Panama Canal - March 4, 2024

20 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

That’s why we’re going on back to back Gem in Dec - we get to thru the Panama Canal twice!

I most definitely looked at doing the back-to-back Norwegian Jade TPA-Panama City-Miami. The idea of going to the Panama Canal twice was nearly irresistible. My biggest problem was that the 22-day B2B was just too port intensive with Caribbean islands for my taste. Otherwise I’d been all of that. 😁

33 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

I most definitely looked at doing the back-to-back Norwegian Jade TPA-Panama City-Miami. The idea of going to the Panama Canal twice was nearly irresistible. My biggest problem was that the 22-day B2B was just too port intensive with Caribbean islands for my taste. Otherwise I’d been all of that. 😁

But the Gem is visiting different ports on each leg. Also we’re keen on revisiting some of the ports that we went to 2 decades ago! There are still a few that are new to us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

That’s why we’re going on back to back Gem in Dec - we get to thru the Panama Canal twice!

We did that a year ago on the Gem.  NY to Panama City, and then the return.  23 days.  Transited the Canal twice within three days.  It was fabulous!

Enjoy your cruises!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

But the Gem is visiting different ports on each leg. Also we’re keen on revisiting some of the ports that we went to 2 decades ago! There are still a few that are new to us.

Trust me it was a very difficult decision! I looked at everything from the new islands that I’d be visiting to the port loads on what other ships would be docked with us. Love shipspotting! However, some of my old West Coast stomping grounds tugged on the heart strings of the 35-year old sentimental inside of me and won over the 65-year old aging adventurous that is now me. Like the legendary Tony Bennett sang, “I Left My Heart in San Francisco”. 🥰

• Like 2