are there 2 different apps I need for our princess cruise?

First time cruiser and thanks for putting up with all my questions.  Are 2 different apps that I need to download?  One for Princess lines and another for the Medallion? What do they look like?  Thanks again for all your help.  I'm nervous.

One app to rule them all. The old app is supposed to go away after this week. If you use IOS just search the App Store. The medallion is just a round version of the old cruise card. It unlocks your cabin door, gets you on and off the ship and to charge goods and services

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shanna135 said:

First time cruiser and thanks for putting up with all my questions.  Are 2 different apps that I need to download?  One for Princess lines and another for the Medallion? What do they look like?  Thanks again for all your help.  I'm nervous.

Make sure you download the new App - look at Princess Cruises in the Play Store.  Blue square icon.

I have taken my security photo 5 times. Each time I am sideways in the final picture. On my last cruise I was sideways for the entire cruise. I have tried turning the camera from vertical to horizontal. It makes no difference. The picture always comes out sideways.

Any suggestions?

3 hours ago, memoak said:

One app to rule them all. The old app is supposed to go away after this week. If you use IOS just search the App Store. The medallion is just a round version of the old cruise card. It unlocks your cabin door, gets you on and off the ship and to charge goods and services

This Lady picked up on your nod to TLOTR.  Thank you in Elvish.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Teechur said:

I have taken my security photo 5 times. Each time I am sideways in the final picture. On my last cruise I was sideways for the entire cruise. I have tried turning the camera from vertical to horizontal. It makes no difference. The picture always comes out sideways.

Any suggestions?

Yes, it's really simple to get your Security Photo done correctly.

Method 1: Leave the photo blank and they will take one when you arrive at the port. Downside is that you will be Blue Lane and can't have your Medallion shipped to you in advance.

Method 2: Take a picture where you are wearing a hat or making a weird face. You will be Green Lane and can get your Medallion shipped to you but, when they see the photo at embarkation, they will take another one that meets the requirements.

Edited by Thrak
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Yes, it's really simple to get your Security Photo done correctly.

Method 1: Leave the photo blank and they will take one when you arrive at the port. Downside is that you will be Blue Lane and can't have your Medallion shipped to you in advance.

Method 2: Take a picture where you are wearing a hat or making a weird face. You will be Green Lane and can get your Medallion shipped to you but, when they see the photo at embarkation, they will take another one that meets the requirements.

Love it!

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Thank you milady from the mines of Moria

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Assuming that the person likes sci-fi/fantasy, those movies were fantastic!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cnice515 said:

Assuming that the person likes sci-fi/fantasy, those movies were fantastic!

Indeed!  We’ve seen TLOTR movies dozens of times.  My granddaughter wanted me to be Lady Arwen, her favourite character.

2 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Indeed!  We’ve seen TLOTR movies dozens of times.  My granddaughter wanted me to be Lady Arwen, her favourite character.

I just KNEW that you were my people lol 😍

• Haha 1