Giving a “live” review a go. Celebrity Edge. Sydney to Tasmania. March 7-13

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: . . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Okahukura was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Morena. I really enjoy the live posts on Cruise Critic. So I thought I would have an attempt myself on our 6 night cruise from Sydney to Tasmania. This is our second Celebrity cruise. We did a South Pacific trip on the Solstice a few years ago. I booked this trip ages ago, and we got a great deal. An Aqua Class suite with Retreat access. Heading into Sydney the day before. And right now enjoying the Koru Lounge at Auckland airport 

IMG_1927.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Great flight. Thanks Air NZ now heading to my sisters apartment in Ultimo Central Sydney where we will spend the night. So looking forward to catching up. And our reception committee is waiting. 

IMG_1928.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Have just done our online health check. Two easy questions. No I am not more than 28 weeks pregnant and no I don’t have any cold or flu symptoms. But we are also going to have a wellness check when we board tomorrow. Hopefully no flu symptoms or a pregnancy more than 28 weeks turns up over night. 

• Haha 2

We had initially booked this cruise more than 2 years ago, but since cancelled for personal reasons. It will be fantastic to check-in each day and see what we are missing out on. Thanks.

• Like 1

We are on the boat now.  Great entertainment and beautiful ship.  No complaints.  

Anybody have any recommendation's on where to buy some magnetic hooks in Sydney?  Should have brought some with us but just plain forgot.  

Hope you enjoy your Taz cruise! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Okahukura said:

our reception committee is waiting. 

This type of reception committee always gives the best welcomes.

I bet there was a lot of tail wagging going on when you turned up.

• Like 1

Have just done our online health check. Two easy questions. No I am not more than 28 weeks pregnant and no I don’t have any cold or flu symptoms. But we are also going to have a wellness check when we board tomorrow. Hopefully no flu symptoms or a pregnancy more than 28 weeks turns up over night. 

Here is another view of our greeter this morning. His name is Bruno he is half Scottie dog and half West Highlander. Her is a delight and a bundle of mischief rolled into one. 

IMG_1930.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Yay it’s cruise day. Of course I have woken up way too early but the 2 hour difference between NZ and Oz always throws me. We can board at 12. So this morning will be spent doing a bit of breakfasting and exploring then we will head to Circular Quay. Woohoo. Also my sisters apartment has a little rooftop area so we got some cute views over the rooftops and to see bats. 

IMG_1931.jpeg

IMG_1933.jpeg

Edited by Okahukura
  • Like 4

Had a good morning out and about. The grandkids have benefited from our visit to Kmart and Target. So much cute Easter stuff. We went to the Broadway Mall. Which used to be the flagship store of Grace Brothers 

IMG_1940.jpeg

IMG_1938.jpeg

On 3/6/2024 at 9:06 AM, sewgood said:

Great news, I will enjoy reading it.

Thanks I will give it my best shot. Hopefully what I find interesting resonates with some people 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Okahukura said:

Hopefully what I find interesting resonates with some people 

It has already, I didn't know the history of the Broadway mall.

My excuse is that I grew up in rural NSW but I am a little embarrassed that someone from Auckland knew this and I didn't.

I’m on this cruise also,we where on about 11:00 .

Lovely ship very modern and classy.

The food in the buffet is a touch above Royal Caribbean but that’s not hard to do.

• Like 2

I didn’t visit Sydney until I was in my 30’s but I just love it. The Georgian sandstone architecture, the harbour, the great shopping. It’s a vibe. Mind you too full on for me to live here. Leave that to my sister 😛 

I was fortunate enough to book this cruise more than 2 years ago so we got a great deal. Aqua class and the Retreat. And I have to say Wow!!!  Right now we are on the Retreat deck enjoying the pool the sunshine and the service. 🥰

IMG_1943.jpeg

IMG_1942.jpeg

IMG_1946.jpeg

IMG_1949.jpeg

IMG_1952.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks for this live review Okahukura. I'm thinking about doing a Celebrity wine cruise so will be interested in your reports. I hope there are wines at lower cost than the two featured wines above?  Could you photograph one of the standard wine lists from a dining room, please?