Icon surfside family suite

Posted (edited)

My DH and I will be sailing on the Icon.  We are booked in a surfside family suite.  Looking at the videos, the closet and drawer space seem very limited.  We do not travel light.  The price worked for us as we like the suite amenities.  Any comments about hanging and storage?  Also is it noisy?  Hope our move up bid is accepted!  

Thanks

Edited by Cruise a holic

3 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

nobody has any feedback?

The ship just started sailing about a month ago and the number of CC posters who've sailed in such a cabin is probably quite low. The few posters who may have firsthand info also may not frequent CC that often.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

My DH and I will be sailing on the Icon.  We are booked in a surfside family suite.  Looking at the videos, the closet and drawer space seem very limited.  We do not travel light.  The price worked for us as we like the suite amenities.  Any comments about hanging and storage?  Also is it noisy?  Hope our move up bid is accepted!  

Thanks

You can go into Target and there are various sizes of hooks. Which have magnets.

My wife, son and I had a surfside suite in Feb. and the storage was adequate for us but we're not huge packers.  It certainly had much less than other suites we've stayed in, like the lofts on Oasis class, the Owners loft on Odyssey and Grand suites on Oasis/Quantum class.  Watch some of the youtube vids as that should give you a good perspective.  As for noise, there were a few days with activities going on down in surfside that is was pretty loud especially if you had the door open.  If you closed the door it wasn't too bad and if you had the tv on it was fine.  At night we never had any issues, by say 10-11 it was fairly quiet.  Overall, they're not bad rooms but they're on the smaller side for a suite.  My son liked his own little area but it was small as well.  The bathroom shower was nice size but the rest was very small.  I'm 6'1" and 170lbs and it was tight.  When sitting to use the toilet it was very tight...  We got a good price and like you enjoy the suite amenities.  Suite deck and grove were awesome, but they're a hike which we didn't mind.  The ship is laid out very well and easy to get around, much better than Oasis class IMO.  We knew we wouldn't and we didn't spend a ton of time in the room so that certainly helped.  We're going again in Dec. and have a Sunset suite...   Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try to help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I have seen a few videos on YouTube.  So the suites have been occupied. 

Sure, but the folks making those videos may not be CC posters nor come here often enough to see your post. Ask the question on those videos.

• Haha 1

I have not stayed in a Surfside suite on Icon, but the cabin we stayed in on Icon (CP infinite balcony) had very limited storage in the cabin, although there was a lot of storage in the bathroom. We are on Symphony right now in a CP balcony. There is more storage in this cabin than Icon, but it is still pretty limited. We usually stay in balconies and older class ships like Voyager and Freedom have a lot more storage in the cabins than newer class ships like Oasis and Icon. I have never stayed in a cabin higher than a JS, so suite cabins might be different when it comes to storage areas. 

28 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

We are on Symphony right now in a CP balcony. There is more storage in this cabin than Icon

WOW....then Icon must be pretty bad,  indeed....as the storage space in the CP balcony is pretty bad. 

3 hours ago, Concord Slim said:

My wife, son and I had a surfside suite in Feb. and the storage was adequate for us but we're not huge packers.  It certainly had much less than other suites we've stayed in, like the lofts on Oasis class, the Owners loft on Odyssey and Grand suites on Oasis/Quantum class.  Watch some of the youtube vids as that should give you a good perspective.  As for noise, there were a few days with activities going on down in surfside that is was pretty loud especially if you had the door open.  If you closed the door it wasn't too bad and if you had the tv on it was fine.  At night we never had any issues, by say 10-11 it was fairly quiet.  Overall, they're not bad rooms but they're on the smaller side for a suite.  My son liked his own little area but it was small as well.  The bathroom shower was nice size but the rest was very small.  I'm 6'1" and 170lbs and it was tight.  When sitting to use the toilet it was very tight...  We got a good price and like you enjoy the suite amenities.  Suite deck and grove were awesome, but they're a hike which we didn't mind.  The ship is laid out very well and easy to get around, much better than Oasis class IMO.  We knew we wouldn't and we didn't spend a ton of time in the room so that certainly helped.  We're going again in Dec. and have a Sunset suite...   Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try to help.

Thanks for the helpful response.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Quelo60 said:

You can go into Target and there are various sizes of hooks. Which have magnets.

Have them.  Saw a video on YouTube. One person had things hanging and all over the room.  I cannot stand the clutter.  Will probably leave extra clothes in suit case under bed

Was surprise via RoyalUp the Surfside suite upgrade min bid was nearly double the standard JS min bid. Despite the difference in perks, generally you will find the price to book either cabin type to be very close.    There is also double digit Surfside cabins available for my sailing.  

Side note Infinite Oceanview Balcony upgrade is very cheap at $30/per person min bid.  A lot of cabins available, I am currently in a standard Oceanview Balcony Guaranteed.

For my needs, its interesting that each cabin has its pros and cons.  Disappointed they didn't do a Family standard oceanview balcony as concerns for being too hot/humid to have the window open for any length of time.