Online check-in

jshli

My husband and I will be doing online check-in on the app and are wondering if we choose not to download our photos at this time, can we still choose a check-in time but return at a later date to upload photos or do we have to complete all fields before we are allowed to choose time?

Posted (edited)

Yes, you can do your on line check-in with adding your photo.  Don't worry about the security photo.  It also can be taken at check-in.  You should be able to select your arrival/check-in time while doing your online check-in on your app.

Edited by Ferry_Watcher

Yes... using the app.    Just select checkin time.   You can later complete everything else up until about 48 hours prior to the cruise.    You can also just check in with only the checkin time selected. 

You can check in without submitting photos. And they will be happy to take your photo with an iPad at the terminal and add it to your account. It will not take any extra time! 

On the app, you can skip to the section to choose your arrival time and then at another time go back and fill in all the rest of your details/take photos/etc.  (I'm not sure it is as easy to skip ahead on the website version.)

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, jshli said:

My husband and I will be doing online check-in on the app and are wondering if we choose not to download our photos at this time, can we still choose a check-in time but return at a later date to upload photos or do we have to complete all fields before we are allowed to choose time?

On my Dec. 2023 cruise, I did everything on the app, pics etc. Go to the Miami and they still took my photo.  Lesson learned, I already don't waste my time printing luggage tags now I won't upload photos either.

Edited by Liao

16 hours ago, Liao said:

On my Dec. 2023 cruise, I did everything on the app, pics etc. Go to the Miami and they still took my photo.  Lesson learned, I already don't waste my time printing luggage tags now I won't upload photos either.

I'm a newbie... Why do you not print luggage tags? I was figuring on printing the tags and handing bags to the porters. Is there a twist?  Thanks!!

We will be on a cruise with our family of nine. Can I choose a check-in time for every one of us? 

Our reservations (4 rooms) are linked.

What info do you have to fill in? Birth dates/ passport numbers/ ...?

Tnx for clarifying!

5 minutes ago, Club Eleven said:

I'm a newbie... Why do you not print luggage tags? I was figuring on printing the tags and handing bags to the porters. Is there a twist?  Thanks!!

Seems that most do, printing luggage tags is a big topic here.  I just never have and have never had a problem, plus the porters really earn the tip 😃

• Like 1

17 hours ago, prmssk said:

On the app, you can skip to the section to choose your arrival time and then at another time go back and fill in all the rest of your details/take photos/etc.  (I'm not sure it is as easy to skip ahead on the website version.)

It's not that difficult to skip ahead on the Website you just have to skip past 3 screens (leaving them blank) while in the app you can go directly to checkin time with one click.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Club Eleven said:

It’s easy enough for the porters to tag them but would hold things up if everyone depended on the porters for this task. 

We usually print and tag our own bags, although I remember having to depend on the porters for one cruise. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Difiroa676 said:

We will be on a cruise with our family of nine. Can I choose a check-in time for every one of us? 

Our reservations (4 rooms) are linked.

What info do you have to fill in? Birth dates/ passport numbers/ ...?

Tnx for clarifying!

Yes, if they are all linked in your app, you can click between the reservations and choose the arrival time for everyone. And then you or they can go back later and add in the rest of their details (passport info; emergency contact, credit card for on board purchases, photo, etc.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, prmssk said:

It’s easy enough for the porters to tag them but would hold things up if everyone depended on the porters for this task. 

We usually print and tag our own bags, although I remember having to depend on the porters for one cruise. 

Some ports the tagging is not as easy as FLL and MIA.    In Amsterdam those without tags had to line up at a desk and the agent would check a long list to confirm the room and then print one.  Some complained it took over 1/2 hour to get a bag tag because the line was so long

Those with tag's simply tossed their bags on a conveyor belt and the bags went to the back where the agents were located.    It isn't like most ports where they have porters taking your bags. 

• Like 3