LIVE from the SUN Princess - 9 Mar 2024 - 10-Day Mediterranean - Second Voyage

6 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

I love how the curtain divides the mini. 

IMG_2463.thumb.jpeg.27eb301b21076fd7f07690606f60c6df.jpeg

It would be so nice if you could connect your AirPods or wireless headsets to that TV so you wouldn’t disturb someone if they were sleeping. Is that possible or could they make it possible?

4 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

My wife has food allergies, so they made her the salmon. 

I also have food allergies so this is really good to know. I’m allergic to dairy so sometimes there is nothing for me in the venues outside of the MDR. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Entertainment in O’Malley’s. 

We had these guys on Enchanted in December. They’re so awesome! I also highly recommend the cocktail Flanna’s Elixir from the bar there. Thanks for doing this live and taking us along for the ride! 

Edited by Auntiejo
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Why would they close the Promenade food locations at 6 PM? A bit early… Am I missing something?

Assuming those Promenade food locations are outdoors........late winter in the Mediterranean means it's dark (~6pm sunset), cold?, wet? = so perhaps little appetite for outdoor eating in those conditions. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Do you know what the capacity of the Arena is? 

There's a popular vocalist there, were the two shows enough to meet demand?

Curious to see how the production shows will fill up, and where the reserved Premier package seats will be.

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Do you know what the capacity of the Arena is? 

There's a popular vocalist there, were the two shows enough to meet demand?

Curious to see how the production shows will fill up, and where the reserved Premier package seats will be.

I thought I heard 1,000. If wrong, I will be corrected. And that's ok. 🙂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I also have food allergies so this is really good to know. I’m allergic to dairy so sometimes there is nothing for me in the venues outside of the MDR. 

@MsSoCalCruiser Not sure if you already know this, but you can indicate in the app that you have a dairy allergy (under Profile, select “Dining Preferences” under “My Preferences”).  I don’t know if this helps to alert service staff or not, but it’s worth a shot. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

First of all -thank you sir @CanadianBurger for all of these wonderful photos & taking us on your vacation. It is much appreciate!

Were you sitting at the reserve section in the arena for premiere passengers? Also is the spellbound open?

Edited by oanhee

2 hours ago, StevenW said:

Assuming those Promenade food locations are outdoors........late winter in the Mediterranean means it's dark (~6pm sunset), cold?, wet? = so perhaps little appetite for outdoor eating in those conditions. 

Maybe? I was looking at past Patters for Alaska in May and the outside grill was open until 11:00 pm. I’m surprised that those venues on the Sun Princess close at dinner time. 

35 minutes ago, CatMom72 said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this information with me. I enter my info in the app, I send emails to the dietary department before my cruise, and I also talk to the dining room manager once onboard. I feel safe with the chef in the buffet that walks around the line with me, and also with the MDR manager but not with Room Service. Even after everything I do Room Service delivered my order with cheese in it.

After that happened I was told to always call Room Service with my orders and to talk to a supervisor when ordering.

If anyone needs this info… I asked about the new $5.00 charge to call Room Service on the phone if you do not have a package. I received a call from the customer service department and I was told that I would be charged to talk to them even with food allergies. SMH. 

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Some more random wandering pics. 

The Gelateria

IMG_2444.thumb.jpeg.b4788c86b3785470813ee2ed4ce2e62b.jpeg

Thank you very much for all the photos!  If you get the chance, can you snap a quick photo of the menu at the Gelateria?  Curious to see what's changed since this looks like half the usual number of options as other ships.

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

If anyone needs this info… I asked about the new $5.00 charge to call Room Service on the phone if you do not have a package. I received a call from the customer service department and I was told that I would be charged to talk to them even with food allergies. SMH. 

Did they happen to mention if you would still be charged the $5 IF YOU HAD a package?

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Did they happen to mention if you would still be charged the $5 IF YOU HAD a package?

They said that I would not be charged if I had the package. I really am shocked that they would charge someone for wanting to discuss food allergies when they don’t even follow the information that is given on their own app. 

• Like 2

Even after everything I do Room Service delivered my order with cheese in it.

Happened to me on Enchanted… Everything was amazing until I ordered a “soy” latte to my room 🥲 Some fun few days afterwards.

Now I always order in person and never lose sight of the type of milk they’re pouring.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, oanhee said:

First of all -thank you sir @CanadianBurger for all of these wonderful photos & taking us on your vacation. It is much appreciate!

Were you sitting at the reserve section in the arena for premiere passengers? Also is the spellbound open?

The reserved seats are only for production shows, of which there are none in the Arena yet. And no, Spellbound is not yet open. 

• Thanks 2

A note for people using the smart elevators. The system (which is called “destination dispatch”) is supposed to assign cars based on the number of people going to specific floors. That means if you’re a party of four, you need to press the floor you want to go to four times, so the elevators know how many people are waiting. The system knows roughly how many people are aboard each car (by weight) and will assess capacity and dispatch cars accordingly. There were lots of elevators stopping with room for one when there was a gaggle of people waiting. There’s also an accessible button, so the system will send a car with more available space, so if you’re on a scooter or similar, please use that button. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 15

1 hour ago, CanadianBurger said:

A note for people using the smart elevators. The system (which is called “destination dispatch”) is supposed to assign cars based on the number of people going to specific floors. That means if you’re a party of four, you need to press the floor you want to go to four times, so the elevators know how many people are waiting. The system knows roughly how many people are aboard each car (by weight) and will assess capacity and dispatch cars accordingly. There were lots of elevators stopping with room for one when there was a gaggle of people waiting. There’s also an accessible button, so the system will send a car with more available space, so if you’re on a scooter or similar, please use that button. 

Very interesting. So, are there instructions to that fact for folks outside the elevator?

TIA

• Haha 2