Sun Princess

5 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I will share my opinion about Sabatini’s and the Teppanyaki grill in a few weeks. I am allergic to dairy so you probably won’t be interested in anything that I will be having but I will take photos of my friends meal if I am able. 

That’s okay, I would still love to hear you thoughts!

• Like 1

On 10/15/2024 at 10:33 AM, deckrbert said:

I have a sailing booked for the first of March next year, and I am super stoked. Buuut, I have a couple of questions…. 

1- What is your (people who have sailed Princess before) experience with the medallions? Do you like them, hate them, or have a favorite or least favorite thing about them?

When the machines work well, they’re great.  However when the machine is failing to scan, which seems to be happening a lot, then the server has to look you up by cabin number.  Ocean now delivery is great, although it can be slow at times.

2- How did the premier package go? I have that ready to go when I get in the ship and I am wondering if there are any special things I can get that aren’t listed in the package details.

With so many people having unlimited specialty now, reservations book up fast.  Do yours in advance, and if you don’t get what you want, keep checking.  I’ll be damned if I can find a “juice bar” on this ship but I did finally find one place with “specialty dessert” (coffee and cones on the lido).  Don’t forget that you can pay for anything you order that is over the $20 limit, which is an opportunity to try some nicer wines and drinks you might not normally buy.  

3- What has your experiences been at Sabatini’s, the italian restaurant, and the Teppanyaki place? I have both of them reserved and am wondering thoughts about both.

Both food and service last night were excellent.  One of the best chicken Parmesan I’ve had in a very long time, and I order it a lot.  It was light and the sauce tasted of fresh tomato and basil.  I wish I could go again tonight, but I can’t get in.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I need something to carry my Kindle or iPad around and whatever else I think I need. 😂

We got one, was in cabin, quite a few extra ones on Stateroom steward trolleys most days as well. Useful to keep packed with all ‘Sun Lounger basic survival equipment’.  Sun tan cream, kindle, swimming googles, Sun glasses, glasses to watch people and glasses to read.  

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2024 at 2:48 PM, JimmyVWine said:

We did too.  It was an updated version of the ones that we used to get with a different logo.  Sorry, I don't have a photo as we let our daughter keep it.

On pervious question: found out 

Love by Britto was amazing! 
$79 pp

added 18% gratuity to each of our folios.

4 cocktails were covered by our plus package.

We would only do this once, as it was a luxury and within our appetite limit.

Better value going to Crown Grill for $45.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dog said:

$79 pp

I didnt find the menu at Britto very appealing.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2024 at 8:22 AM, IMNiles said:

When the machines work well, they’re great.  However when the machine is failing to scan, which seems to be happening a lot, then the server has to look you up by cabin number.  Ocean now delivery is great, although it can be slow at times.

With so many people having unlimited specialty now, reservations book up fast.  Do yours in advance, and if you don’t get what you want, keep checking.  I’ll be damned if I can find a “juice bar” on this ship but I did finally find one place with “specialty dessert” (coffee and cones on the lido).  Don’t forget that you can pay for anything you order that is over the $20 limit, which is an opportunity to try some nicer wines and drinks you might not normally buy.  

Both food and service last night were excellent.  One of the best chicken Parmesan I’ve had in a very long time, and I order it a lot.  It was light and the sauce tasted of fresh tomato and basil.  I wish I could go again tonight, but I can’t get in.

It's amazing how two visits to Sabatini's, on different sailings, can be so different. We ate there last night, and my Chicken Parmesan was very greasy, presented floating in a sea of olive oil which utterly destroyed the tomato flavor and made it inedible. Despite the menu saying it came with Pasta, it came instead with two tiny slivers of potato buried underneath and also far too greasy to eat. Sadly, my wife's Veal was also quite bad and she left half of it uneaten. As soon as we left Sabatini's, we headed upstairs to the The Catch (where we had a superb meal the day before), cancelled our other Sabatini's meals and re-booked the Catch.  Fingers  crossed for the Crown Grill tomorrow...

7 hours ago, dog said:

$79 pp

I personally do not understand the big difference in price: $79 : $45?

It must be the location and decor?

1 hour ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

If I'm not mistaken the $79.00 charge is also a reduction from the initial price when it first opened.

It maybe a reduction, however, that reduction proves that they wanted to charge too much to begin with! So, does that make the $79 price OK? Personally, I will not pay that. Maybe you will. That is you choice and mine. 

9 hours ago, dog said:

On previous question: found out 

$79 pp

For that kind of cash I'd rather do an Ultimate Balcony Dinner. And I'd still be money ahead....

2 hours ago, lx200gps said:

It's amazing how two visits to Sabatini's, on different sailings, can be so different. We ate there last night, and my Chicken Parmesan was very greasy, presented floating in a sea of olive oil which utterly destroyed the tomato flavor and made it inedible. Despite the menu saying it came with Pasta, it came instead with two tiny slivers of potato buried underneath and also far too greasy to eat. Sadly, my wife's Veal was also quite bad and she left half of it uneaten. As soon as we left Sabatini's, we headed upstairs to the The Catch (where we had a superb meal the day before), cancelled our other Sabatini's meals and re-booked the Catch.  Fingers  crossed for the Crown Grill tomorrow...

Your experience at Sabatini's is what we had a few years ago on the enchanted, although it was still eatable. 

I'm assuming that there was no additional charge for The Catch? It sounds as though you had a Premier package.

Let us know how The Crown Grill goes tonight.