Sun Princess

10 minutes ago, Nikkibird said:

This is the amenity list for our Penthouse Suite when we booked. I don't see it on the new Vista Suite list now 😕 Screenshot_20240709_135249_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6774e903d6a2386fbaf17561ec875161.jpg

It is on your screenprint:  the 9th bullet. 

Maybe it is easier to see when I did a mock booking

on my laptop for a January 2025 cruise on the Sun Princess:

image.png.afd6d38f21ce29787cc4985ff487aef4.png

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, chisoxfan said:

Suite  benefit for first night specialty dining? This will be our first suite on Princess and I am not aware of this. Can anyone enlighten me. I don't remember seeing this perk when we booked.

Thanks in advance.

Well, apparently things have changed (maybe).  I just contacted Princess through the online chat. For background info, I booked last year long before the recent changes to Signature suites. I have the Plus package not Premier. When I booked, the first night dinner was listed as a suite perk.

With the latest update it is not listed. However, the supervisor stated I don’t need a reservation and should just show up on the first night as a suite guest. I understand we still have priority specialty reservations as a perk, but I am not convinced they won’t charge us since we don’t have Premier. 

I’m not really sure if I should go ahead and make the reservation and hope I can get it refunded onboard or just show up as they said. Also adding to the unknown is that current passengers are not under the “new” Signature system until I think October so no actual experience until then I guess. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Good to see!  The list the chat person posted and I found when I searched “suites” did not have that. 

5 minutes ago, lennythenose said:

With the latest update it is not listed. However, the supervisor stated I don’t need a reservation and should just show up on the first night as a suite guest. I understand we still have priority specialty reservations as a perk, but I am not convinced they won’t charge us since we don’t have Premier. 

Maybe the Sun will be a giant anomaly, but on prior Princess cruises when sailing in a suite this past year, there were absolutely zero issues getting a specialty restaurant gratis suite dining reservation on night one.  In fact, the places were rather dead. 

For one of the cruises, the first one, I was convinced I needed to make a reservation in advance.  I did so, was (inappropriately) charged for it...and then had to get OBC at guest services once on board.  What a pain.  I learned that I didn't need to bother.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLAlaska said:

The OBC is refundable if you don't use it. It does work, needlessly, but it does work.

But, you pay for it now, you wait 6+ months till your cruise and then another 2+ months till you get your money back.  That's 8+ months of your money tied up.  Not good business practice, but it is what it is.

1 minute ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

But, you pay for it now, you wait 6+ months till your cruise and then another 2+ months till you get your money back.  That's 8+ months of your money tied up.  Not good business practice, but it is what it is.

I hear what you're saying and you're right about that, but the fact that we can afford suites on a premium cruise line, I would imagine most of us can take the hit without being too big of a deal.

But that said, I do understand the principle of things and don't disagree, it's just not something I've been worried about at all when I paid for mine.

Suite guests ..the concierge will help you get in to a restaurant. And if you are nice about it, you might get them to move it to another night if you don't want it night one

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lennythenose said:

Well, apparently things have changed (maybe).  I just contacted Princess through the online chat. For background info, I booked last year long before the recent changes to Signature suites. I have the Plus package not Premier. When I booked, the first night dinner was listed as a suite perk.

I’m not really sure if I should go ahead and make the reservation and hope I can get it refunded onboard or just show up as they said. Also adding to the unknown is that current passengers are not under the “new” Signature system until I think October so no actual experience until then I guess. 

I have called about not being able to reserve the free first night twice now for our cruise with a suite. Each time, the person who answered the phone had no idea that was a perk. They even looked at a list and didn't see it until I explained where to look online. They also tried to talk me into booking once I was on the ship, but in March, I heard the suite concierge trying to book a reservation for the first night and they told him it was all booked up. He was able to get another night though.

The last person finally agreed to send a request further up the line (maybe the Medallion people?). It took almost a week, but now I show my requested specialty dining room and the requested time.

I know for a fact that the last time we got a suite, it showed that on the app and I was able to book it without any problems. Maybe now that the Sun has dining that isn't a "specialty dining" option they removed it and haven't fixed it yet since the big MDR release?

56 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Suite guests ..the concierge will help you get in to a restaurant. And if you are nice about it, you might get them to move it to another night if you don't want it night one

Yes!  They are very accommodating.  We asked the concierge to make us a reservation not on the first night and they told us about the suite benefit.  We said we like to go into the dinning room on the first night to say hello so they comped our meal the other night.  

2 hours ago, lennythenose said:

Good to see!  The list the chat person posted and I found when I searched “suites” did not have that. 

1 hour ago, JGmf said:

Maybe the Sun will be a giant anomaly, but on prior Princess cruises when sailing in a suite this past year, there were absolutely zero issues getting a specialty restaurant gratis suite dining reservation on night one.  In fact, the places were rather dead. 

For one of the cruises, the first one, I was convinced I needed to make a reservation in advance.  I did so, was (inappropriately) charged for it...and then had to get OBC at guest services once on board.  What a pain.  I learned that I didn't need to bother.

Learn something everyday. When I went on line to 'book' the cruise I was on if I click the details of the cabin there is a long list of features including a free first night specialty dining. So glad I was following this post. 

19 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Yes!  They are very accommodating.  We asked the concierge to make us a reservation not on the first night and they told us about the suite benefit.  We said we like to go into the dinning room on the first night to say hello so they comped our meal the other night.  

We also used to like to go to the MDR on the first night. That is the best opportunity, when you board, to check your table assignment, and try to snag a good table.  Until the major menu changes...  The embarkation menu, to me, is pretty weak.   We now have other reservations for the first night.   (which could then pretty much limit your options for table assignments)

5 hours ago, capriccio said:

Yes I know it is on my screen shot. I was showing someone else that didn't know the 1st night specialty dining was a perk to his suite.

1 hour ago, Nikkibird said:

Yes I know it is on my screen shot. I was showing someone else that didn't know the 1st night specialty dining was a perk to his suite.

Sorry, I interpreted your comment to mean it was there when you booked and now it is not.  The screen shot I attached was taken today and it is still there.

16 hours ago, capriccio said:

Sorry, I interpreted your comment to mean it was there when you booked and now it is not.  The screen shot I attached was taken today and it is still there.

So when we booked last year and before the changes, when you first clicked on Penthouse Suite, you got the full list of amenities included on the first screen. Now I see (after you saying) you have to go through the whole booking process on a suite category and at the total room cost page there is "more details & amenities". You have to click that to see all that is included. I would think this should be on the first page, to further entice one looking at a suite. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2024 at 6:59 PM, dides said:

Looks like they are debuting the third of the four production shows on Sun Princess tonight - Viva La Musica 

They have finally launched the fourth production show on Sun Princess - - Stagestruck

stagestruck.jpg.c2228cc21d04290a464fb45490257fd6.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/9/2024 at 1:49 PM, Retired-N-Happy said:

In case anyone is coming in late...  People are now having issues, and are NOT being refunded for refundable amounts, if there is any NON refundable available, as Princess is using up YOUR REFUNDABLE $$$ first, so that less is refunded to guests.

• Like 1

Just seen a story from an influencer about Darren McGrady's Royal Afternoon Tea being held in Good Spirits on Sun Prncess. Has anyone done this? How do you book it?

image.png.a19c3ec07d54e7c06ef6fcd8234e2db2.png