Best Ships for a Family Cruise

I am trying to plan a family cruise. There are 6 adults and 4 children (Ages 6,5,4 and 18 months at time of Cruise. Grandparents, married son and married daughter and spouses) Which line do you think is the best my family?

Any number of cruise lines out there that might work. Carnival, Princess, Disney (in a general order of cheaper to more expensive) might work.

Knowing where you want to go would, and when, would be nice.

Many will suggest finding a travel agent who can examine your needs a little closer and match you up...that is a good idea.

• Like 2

If the kids are outdoorsy types, I would look at the older (but not the oldest) Carnival, the older ships of Royal and NCL.  With children that young I would not look at Princess or Celebrity.  I don’t recommend the newest ships of the lines because there lots of attractions for older kids and adults, but most of them wasted on your kids.  There will not be pools for the 18m old unless he is potty trained.  No swim diapers allowed.  There will be kids programs on all of those lines.  EM.  

17 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

If the kids are outdoorsy types, I would look at the older (but not the oldest) Carnival, the older ships of Royal and NCL.  With children that young I would not look at Princess or Celebrity.  I don’t recommend the newest ships of the lines because there lots of attractions for older kids and adults, but most of them wasted on your kids.  There will not be pools for the 18m old unless he is potty trained.  No swim diapers allowed.  There will be kids programs on all of those lines.  EM.  

NCL doesn’t have nurseries. I’d look at RCL shops with nurseries, plus a handful have small splash areas for diapered kids (depends on the ship). DCL is the only line that has splash pads for all.