Does anyone know Steakhouse chef turn around?

I know I've seen the "contract" time for bartenders, cruise directors, entertainers etc. but I haven't seen any information regarding the Steakhouse cuisine staff.  We had dinner at the Steakhouse on Pride October 2023 and it wasn't up to par. We will be on Pride this September 2024 and I'm thinking of having dinner at the Steakhouse.  Any thoughts on chef contracts?  Anyone have dinner recently on Pride at the Steakhouse? TIA!

24 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I know I've seen the "contract" time for bartenders, cruise directors, entertainers etc. but I haven't seen any information regarding the Steakhouse cuisine staff.  We had dinner at the Steakhouse on Pride October 2023 and it wasn't up to par. We will be on Pride this September 2024 and I'm thinking of having dinner at the Steakhouse.  Any thoughts on chef contracts?  Anyone have dinner recently on Pride at the Steakhouse? TIA!

I have never heard or seen anything on contract length for Steakhouse staff, or even more generically mgt staff for kitchen staffs.  I think, but have no factual basis to think that these would be a "team" approach, but never asked or were told.  I would be interested to see what kind of replies you get.  

You may have mentioned it in your review(s) but I would be interested in the sub par experience.  

5 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I have never heard or seen anything on contract length for Steakhouse staff, or even more generically mgt staff for kitchen staffs.  I think, but have no factual basis to think that these would be a "team" approach, but never asked or were told.  I would be interested to see what kind of replies you get.  

You may have mentioned it in your review(s) but I would be interested in the sub par experience.  

Craig had the Surf and Turf and I had the lobster tails.  Both of our lobsters were overcooked and Craig's filet wasn't tender.  We didn't complain (the sides were very filling) and what was interesting is that the MDR lobster on Elegant night was great! We had a wonderful dinner at the Steakhouse on Freedom, with me having the lobster again and it was perfectly cooked. I know, it can be an off night for the Steakhouse kitchen but if others have had sub par dinners on Pride at the Steakhouse it might make me rethink dining there again.  I could spend the money at Bonsai Sushi (which we did at least twice on our Pride October 2023 cruise) which we will probably dine at this September.

Thx for responding Jimbo!  

12 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Craig had the Surf and Turf and I had the lobster tails.  Both of our lobsters were overcooked and Craig's filet wasn't tender.  We didn't complain (the sides were very filling) and what was interesting is that the MDR lobster on Elegant night was great! We had a wonderful dinner at the Steakhouse on Freedom, with me having the lobster again and it was perfectly cooked. I know, it can be an off night for the Steakhouse kitchen but if others have had sub par dinners on Pride at the Steakhouse it might make me rethink dining there again.  I could spend the money at Bonsai Sushi (which we did at least twice on our Pride October 2023 cruise) which we will probably dine at this September.

Thx for responding Jimbo!  

Thanks for the reply.  Hope it gets WAY better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I am not sure knowing a chefs contract length would help. The chef could have his contract end soon after yoiur cruise, than come back on a new contract during your next cruise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, bigdog1958 said:

I am not sure knowing a chefs contract length would help. The chef could have his contract end soon after yoiur cruise, than come back on a new contract during your next cruise.

This is true and that's why I included the question  "Anyone have dinner recently on Pride at the Steakhouse?" Maybe someone in CC land has experienced a Steakhouse dinner on Pride since November 2023 and could let me know if it was good or great.  🤷‍♀️ 

Edited by ninjacat123

I am not sure that the quality of a meal is always the direct result of which head Steakhouse Chef is on board.  It's quite possible, for example, that he was not the one who actually cooked your lobsters.  And my guess is that like the wait staff, cooks rotate in and out.  I doubt that they switch around from ship to ship en masse at the exact same time.

We just got off the Spirit and our MDR lobster was considerably better than the steakhous lobster. We ordered the same steaks again another night and while the first night was good, the second time they were honestly one of the best steaks I’ve ever had, land or sea. 

• Like 1

We had dinner in the Pride steakhouse late August '23 (before you) and it was wonderful.  Wondering if you just caught them on a bad night?  We both had the filet and it was just as good as other Carnival steakhouse experiences for us.  

1 hour ago, KaiBlue said:

We had dinner in the Pride steakhouse late August '23 (before you) and it was wonderful.  Wondering if you just caught them on a bad night?  We both had the filet and it was just as good as other Carnival steakhouse experiences for us.  

I'm hoping this September cruise on Pride, the Steakhouse will be comparable to your experience. 😺