On Enchanted 4/21, is it hard to get a chair by the Sanctuary pool?

mistyPA

We are hoping to get on the ship early enough to book some time in the Sanctuary, but there are 7 us and we are not hopeful. We were wondering if the adults pool area fills up quickly? Will we have to get out there before 8 in the morning?

11 minutes ago, mistyPA said:

We are hoping to get on the ship early enough to book some time in the Sanctuary, but there are 7 us and we are not hopeful. We were wondering if the adults pool area fills up quickly? Will we have to get out there before 8 in the morning?

There is no pool in the paid area of the sanctuary.  The retreat pool is adults only and is first come first serve daily as with other locations on the ship. No need to hurry on board for this.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mistyPA said:

Getting 7 seats up in the Sanctuary will be a tough one.  Especially since our sailing is also sold as a 14 day and sold out so there are many people who will be on from the prior sailing. 

Is anyone in a suite or elite?  

• Like 1

If you are looking to use the Retreat pool area as "Plan B", yes, that area fills up rather quickly...and 7 is a tough number to get adjacent to each other.

I think you mean Retreat pool. We couldn’t get 2 chairs on Enchanted at the Retreat pool past 7 am on our recent 10 day, which I refuse to do in a vacation. Good luck!

There was only one day when there were available seats in the Retreat pool area in the morning on our cruise. There was a wind storm & it was so bad the chairs were being blown around. No one want to go to that pool at all.

All the other mornings you had to be there before 8 AM and were lucky to get even one chair. 

I've read that, on ships such as Discovery Princess, the Retreat Pool can be quite windy which doesn't sound great. I guess I will find out soon as I would imagine my wife will want to at least check out that pool when we sail.

The Retreat pool on the Enchanted is kind of sheltered from wind, as it's surrounded by an upper deck of loungers with two hot tubs on either side. 

I recently got off the Enchanted from a B2B2B (30 days).  Non port days it was not difficult at all to get deck loungers.  I usually got there around 10:30 AM.  Not likely you can get 7 chairs together.  On at sea days it was difficult to get a lounger.  The Sun deck (one deck up) has plenty of loungers which you may have better luck with.

• Like 1

Good to know. We are usually up early and get out there by 8 or so but sounds like we will have to get there even earlier, so may not happen. I am sure we can find other places to sit.

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

I've read that, on ships such as Discovery Princess, the Retreat Pool can be quite windy which doesn't sound great. I guess I will find out soon as I would imagine my wife will want to at least check out that pool when we sail.

Discovery retreat pool is either pure bliss or victory at sea. No joke.

12 hours ago, mistyPA said:

Good to know. We are usually up early and get out there by 8 or so but sounds like we will have to get there even earlier, so may not happen. I am sure we can find other places to sit.

There's plenty of open loungers on the deck directly above and surrounding the Retreat pool. You'll be closer to the hot tubs and can get an ocean view <unlike when at the Retreat Pool level>.

10 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Discovery retreat pool is either pure bliss or victory at sea. No joke.

Depending on the wind direction it can be really bad on the lower deck for some reason. All of the Royal class ships seem to have the same problem.