Lounge Chairs on Celebrity Edge Class Sunset Verandahs and Sky Suite Verandahs

In early December we sailed on Celebrity Beyond in a Sky Suite and asked about having a lounge chair.  I was told it was removed due to "safety" reasons.  We are planning to sail on the Celebrity Ascent in a Sunset Verandah and are concerned whether or not we will still have the lounge chairs as they did on our past sailings in SV last year.  Anyone have any recent experience?  Thanks

Just off Apex a week ago.  On SV, there were two loungers, two chairs and a table.  It was a little cramped, but I'd much rather have the loungers there than none at all.

• Like 1

We were in cabin 11273 SV on the Apex 3/2 - 3/9/24. There were 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table. We moved the chairs into the room next to the door. We did have to dust some soot off of the loungers a couple of times.

Just off the Ascent yesterday. We had an SV (9326). We had two regular chairs, a table and one lounger. We got to see a beautiful sunset and two sunrises from our verandah. Great room!!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

Just got back from Beyond sunset veranda no loungers.  Did not ask for any, previous Beyond cruise sunset cabin had two loungers.

Were you able to see on the Beyond if any of the other Sunset Veranda cabins had lounge chairs on their balconies or were they all gone?

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, loves2cruz said:

Were you able to see on the Beyond if any of the other Sunset Veranda cabins had lounge chairs on their balconies or were they all gone?

Thanks.

Did not notice any, but was definitely not looking either.

• 1 month later...

We’re on Beyond (center SV) April 2024- no loungers. We don’t have them and the SVs on either side of us don’t have them. I asked immediately and was told no “we don’t”. It wasn’t an issue of a tip because I was not given the chance to tip before the idea was shut down. One year ago, same ship, we had them without needing to ask.

MY theory is that having loungers on SV keeps people satisfied without needing to upgrade to a suite. It definitely dampened the benefit of an SV for us since the tiny chairs are impossible to get comfortable in for more than just a quick look around. (Napping, reading, sunning was not nearly as lovely as it was for us last year with the loungers.) It may have backfired though bc the more they take away things we enjoyed, the less likely i am to spend MORE money the next time. It may be back to land vacays. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

We’re on Beyond (center SV) April 2024- no loungers. We don’t have them and the SVs on either side of us don’t have them. I asked immediately and was told no “we don’t”. It wasn’t an issue of a tip because I was not given the chance to tip before the idea was shut down. One year ago, same ship, we had them without needing to ask.

MY theory is that having loungers on SV keeps people satisfied without needing to upgrade to a suite. It definitely dampened the benefit of an SV for us since the tiny chairs are impossible to get comfortable in for more than just a quick look around. (Napping, reading, sunning was not nearly as lovely as it was for us last year with the loungers.) It may have backfired though bc the more they take away things we enjoyed, the less likely i am to spend MORE money the next time. It may be back to land vacays. 

Does anyone know if this applies to the Celebrity Edge SV staterooms. Looking at booking one but if there are no loungers now, it certainly takes the gloss off it. 

5 hours ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

What’s annoying is that it is not happening on all ships in all cabins. We were on Beyond in January in a SV cabin. Were told no it’s a safety issue. After we got off I saw a video of someone on our cruise in a SV cabin with loungers. Our friend were on accent in March in SV. They had a lounger on their balcony.  Makes no sense! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cbfb said:

What’s annoying is that it is not happening on all ships in all cabins. We were on Beyond in January in a SV cabin. Were told no it’s a safety issue. After we got off I saw a video of someone on our cruise in a SV cabin with loungers. Our friend were on accent in March in SV. They had a lounger on their balcony.  Makes no sense! 

You're right, it is totally inconsistent.  Apex SV had loungers and I would have certainly complained had they not.  Enough with the lame "safety issue" response from the crew.  Celebrity needs to fix this fleet wide and put at least one lounger back on all SV's, to eliminate the situation of have's and have nots. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

You're right, it is totally inconsistent.  Apex SV had loungers and I would have certainly complained had they not.  Enough with the lame "safety issue" response from the crew.  Celebrity needs to fix this fleet wide and put at least one lounger back on all SV's, to eliminate the situation of have's and have nots. 

Sometimes I think the crew uses the "Safety issue" as an excuse for "I don't want to".  🤨

And yes, the inconsistency is very frustrating.  

• Like 1