Earliest port arrival time Miami

Doesn't matter what time the ship gets to the dock. What matters is when it is cleared by US Customs for debarkation to begin. 

Also for debark to begin, all of the shoreside people who make the process work must be ready and in place. 

Still wondering when the ship  gets to the dock? Here is the Miami Pilots schedule web site: https://bbpilots.com/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Doesn't matter what time the ship gets to the dock. What matters is when it is cleared by US Customs for debarkation to begin. 

Also for debark to begin, all of the shoreside people who make the process work must be ready and in place. 

Still wondering when the ship  gets to the dock? Here is the Miami Pilots schedule web site: https://bbpilots.com/

The OP was asking about incoming guests arrival appointments

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

Elaine5715 you're right of course. For some reason I was thinking of passengers hoping for an early bolt to Miami or Ft Lauderdale airports. My bad.

No reason to feel bad.

Just like you, Bill, I thought the question was about the time a ship may arrive back in port.

The question was written ambiguously. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bill Miller said:

Elaine5715 you're right of course. For some reason I was thinking of passengers hoping for an early bolt to Miami or Ft Lauderdale airports. My bad.

The answer to when ships arrive is "O' dark hundred"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

just know... Arrival time DOES NOT equal boarding time. If you arrive early, you may avoid some congestion in the port, but you will most likely be sitting in the terminal waiting for your boarding class to be called.

On 3/21/2024 at 10:17 AM, AllgoodOnTheRoad said:

They opened the doors to the priority line for our cruise at 9:15am. The earliest check in appointment for that cruise was 9:30. 

And what time did you board?

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ober134 said:

just know... Arrival time DOES NOT equal boarding time. If you arrive early, you may avoid some congestion in the port, but you will most likely be sitting in the terminal waiting for your boarding class to be called.

This. We did a 9:30 check in time on the Celebration once. And we sat there until boarding at 10:45. Never again. We get there to sit down in the waiting area no earlier than 10:30.

Edited by Hoosierpop
  • Like 2

Usually the ships pull in to Port Miami around 0600 give or take an hour. However back in 2013 my Victory Cruise docked around 0200! I remember being enthralled by the then dancing stripper LED on tbe side of The Intercontinental Hotel downtown Miami.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, canadiangal40 said:

I was thinking the OP ment when the ship arrives in port for debarkation.  I wonder the same thing as we have a return flight home booked for 11:30 am, this is for port of Miami.

That's pretty risky IMO. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, canadiangal40 said:

I was thinking the OP ment when the ship arrives in port for debarkation.  I wonder the same thing as we have a return flight home booked for 11:30 am, this is for port of Miami.

Obviously #1 the ship has to have a normal on time arrival to MIA. They usually do but things happen.

Assuming passport for quick processing through customs, self-assist debarkation and taxi to MIA I would say it's doable.

Even better if you're platinum/diamond or FTTF and can be some of the first folks off the ship.

Edited by mz-s

2 hours ago, canadiangal40 said:

Our only other option was a 7:30 pm flight and get home the next day.  So looking at self debarkation and a quick shuttle or taxi to MIA.

Its doable but be prepared in case things get tight. Definitely pre check in for your flight. At least with my company Southwest you can also pre check your bags so the only thing needed would be printing your bag tags at MIA.