Does anyone know if the passenger can be changed on a reservation?

Stockjock

I think the short of it is that there is a possibility that the lady I’ve been dating for 10 years and I may go our separate ways. It’s not a done deal, but it’s not looking good.

I have a cruise booked this summer on Ascent, and it is fully refundable. But the question is, if things don’t work out with us, and I find someone else who is interested in going, is it possible to change the name on the reservation?

My wife says she would like to go if things don't work out with your significant other.

BTW it might be awkward if your lady reads this thread, and ends up going on the cruise with you.  Especially since you can't edit posts after a few minutes....

• Haha 6

38 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I think the short of it is that there is a possibility that the lady I’ve been dating for 10 years and I may go our separate ways. It’s not a done deal, but it’s not looking good.

I have a cruise booked this summer on Ascent, and it is fully refundable. But the question is, if things don’t work out with us, and I find someone else who is interested in going, is it possible to change the name on the reservation?

I’m sorry to hear that news.  Although you can swap some else into the spot, if the relationship ends I think you would be better off to cancel the cruise and start fresh with everything.  Maybe your new cruising partner would enjoy picking the cruise because that’s half the fun.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Nachosdelux said:

My wife says she would like to go if things don't work out with your significant other.

BTW it might be awkward if your lady reads this thread, and ends up going on the cruise with you.  Especially since you can't edit posts after a few minutes....

Is your wife good looking?  That's a joke also!

I don't think she's on cruisecritic, but it's an honest question.  We've been dating 10 years and I'm getting ghosted, which is super odd.  I'm assuming that the relationship has come to an end.  If not, that's great, but the "messages" I'm receiving, or perhaps am not receiving, aren't encouraging.

I'd still rather go with her, but I do have a buddy who did a cruise to Cabo w/me last year, so that could be a possibility.  I got a pretty good deal, so if I did go w/someone else, I'd rather not rebook, as the price has jumped a bit.

Didn't expect to be going through this, but it is what it is.

Edited by Stockjock

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

I don't think she's on cruisecritic, but it's an honest question.  We've been dating 10 years and I'm getting ghosted, which is super odd.  I'm assuming that the relationship has come to an end.  If not, that's great, but the "messages" I'm receiving, or perhaps am not receiving, aren't encouraging.

I'd still rather go with her, but I do have a buddy who did a cruise to Cabo w/me last year, so that could be a possibility.  I got a pretty good deal, so if I did go w/someone else, I'd rather not rebook, as the price has jumped a bit.

Is your wife good looking? It's the internet, where every spouse/partner is good looking and looks like Halle Berry or Ryan Gossling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Changing your profile picture is a sign that you need to go in a new direction 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Changing your profile picture is a sign that you need to go in a new direction 

We chatted.  I think we're good, so I may change it back.

The short of it is that she blocked me because she was annoyed by some little thing.  My calls and messages weren't going through, which she actually thought was funny.  I called from a different number and she returned the call because she thought I might be a delivery guy.

Still irritated, but she did apologize and unblock me.  I told her that can't happen again & was really rude, to say the least.

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I think everyone is done with this thread, maybe the mods can lock it

I'm sure that others may also have the question.  Mods typically lock a thread when there are issues, or problems.  I don't see that being the case in this instance.  If someone wants to chime in on the issue of changing a passenger, or whatever, that's their right.  If not, that's fine too.

• Like 1

if the ques is answered  just let it be.

sad to hear  this news....I have enjoyed your reviews and photos,  but recall that you always have  travel issues that somehow get resolved.. This is much diff.

If you are not bringing person who is on the res, it appears you may have 3 options:

. a) substitute another traveler (do this early enough so paperwork and billing accts can be changed properly as well as requested bed configuration).

b)  just sail by yourself..have gf be a "no show" ..I have  read about this but have no idea how it really works, 

c) cancel in time to get a refund

Good luck!

Posted (edited)
On 3/19/2024 at 1:27 PM, Ipeeinthepools said:

if the relationship ends I think you would be better off to cancel the cruise and start fresh with everything.

or he can go by himself. Why waste a cruise?

9 hours ago, Stockjock said:

If someone wants to chime in on the issue of changing a passenger, or whatever, that's their right.  If not, that's fine too.

I have read on this subforum that you can change the passenger up to 48 hours before the cruise.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Posted (edited)

Another area where Virgin Voyages if far superior than pretty much any cruise line, you can change any and all passengers up to 48 hours before departure, I believe.   You can also give/sell your entire reservation to pretty much anyone.

Edited by Tyler414

On 3/19/2024 at 11:02 PM, Stockjock said:

The short of it is that she blocked me because she was annoyed by some little thing.  My calls and messages weren't going through, which she actually thought was funny.  I called from a different number and she returned the call because she thought I might be a delivery guy.

Still irritated, but she did apologize and unblock me.  I told her that can't happen again & was really rude, to say the least.

unless the "little thing" was not still not living together or not being married after 10 years of dating, I'd rethink this relationship all together.

image024.jpg.16693fdbc74be7c48f63ee1949d739ce.jpg.892f19c650264e56e4718f217163725f.jpg

4rc55.jpg.f5fbe80a000f7ee18763c850dbec430a.jpg.7e24d3a60fac02dc7467b2b11877bb5d.jpg

c1d7b3811754ee4ed5d3111df937c.png.03389eee0654433642abc19cde918e44.png

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

unless the "little thing" was not still not living together or not being married after 10 years of dating, I'd rethink this relationship all together.

image024.jpg.16693fdbc74be7c48f63ee1949d739ce.jpg.892f19c650264e56e4718f217163725f.jpg

4rc55.jpg.f5fbe80a000f7ee18763c850dbec430a.jpg.7e24d3a60fac02dc7467b2b11877bb5d.jpg

c1d7b3811754ee4ed5d3111df937c.png.03389eee0654433642abc19cde918e44.png

Funny, lol.

She has never expressed an interest in marriage or cohabitation, which is one of the things that appeals to me 🙂

I think we have patched things up, or at least I hope so.  It's hard to find someone who you can get along with for a decade (or more.)  I wouldn't be in a hurry to start from scratch.

Besides, we have several cruises lined up.  Ascent out of "Rome" this summer, the Caribbean on Oceania this winter (my treat for her birthday), and the Norwegian Fjords on MSC in the fall of 2025.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Is this a recent profile picture?

It was a few years old (4?)  Why?

Just changed to one a few months old.  Do you prefer this one?

Edited by Stockjock

On 3/19/2024 at 7:29 PM, brockmom said:

Is your booking with a TA or directly with Celebrity ?

as long as final payment hasn’t been made, our TA has been 

able to change names.

good luck

😀

Person can be changed even after final payment as long as one person stays the same