MoveUp bids

Wonder18

Pending means just that, and no decision has been made on your bid in consideration with others.  The awards can still be made prior to your sailing date.  That being said, unless you had an aggressive bid that would be the highest in consideration, the likelihood is it will be ultimately rejected.

I’ve tried a move-up several times, I’ve never got a rejection email; got nothing.

But yesterday, I was reviewing old emails and came across a move-up email for my upcoming Beyond cruise on April12.  For the heck of it, I submitted an upgrade from infinite veranda to a Sky Suite, and this morning I got a notice that my move-up bid was accepted.  My bid was on the weak/fair border, but needless to say I was shocked.  So who knows-keep hoping!

Gary

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

All of my bids are still pending with two weeks to go until embarkation.

Meanwhile someone else on the same sailing has already had their bid accepted.

They seem to do it in steps. My move up to Aqua was accepted 3 weeks ago for April 22. Now I see the many CC cabins are gone and lots of veranda opened so they must have done that batch. We sill have 3o days to go . There were a couple hundred open cabins. For those sailings with very few they appear to do it late . It also happens due to cancellations

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rankdad said:

How do you check on the status of your move up bid?

Sign into the X website,

• access your cruise
  • then.....manage your reservation
  • at the top there will be a link to manage your trip
  • then 'upgrade with move up' will be a choice

or.....use the email you received to confirm your move up bid to access the move up site page.  You'll see your bid will show Pending...most likely.  If greyed out and unable to modify, the bid is either under consideration or going to be refused.  Hope this helps.

Where do you find the option to put in a move up bid?  Or is it an email they send out?  We are 63 days from sail away and I don’t see anywhere to place a bid.  Maybe our cruise is full…. Or it’s to soon? 

29 minutes ago, BobbM81 said:

I know some TAs don’t participate in the move up program. I thought it was limited to purchasing through a big box store vacation. 

That is correct.  If you use a big box store as your TA then you cannot participate in MoveUp.☹️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peanut head said:

That is correct.  If you use a big box store as your TA then you cannot participate in MoveUp.☹️

That explains it.  Oh well.  

9 hours ago, gold1953 said:

They seem to do it in steps. My move up to Aqua was accepted 3 weeks ago for April 22. Now I see the many CC cabins are gone and lots of veranda opened so they must have done that batch. We sill have 3o days to go . There were a couple hundred open cabins. For those sailings with very few they appear to do it late . It also happens due to cancellations

Where are you going yo find out which cabins are still not taken?  When I check my sailing, they seem to list one cabin per category.  

47 minutes ago, rinshin said:

Where are you going yo find out which cabins are still not taken?  When I check my sailing, they seem to list one cabin per category.  

there's a site I use....'scan the seas'....can't use the title here...google it.

• Haha 1