Edge sunset veranda hammock?

deubank

22 minutes ago, kabmab said:

From our SV stays on Edge I can't think of what you would tie it to, and doubtful it would be allowed for safety reasons.

doubtful it would be allowed for safety reasons.  Better not tell Virgin this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Liao said:

If X removes foot stools from balconies ... 🙄

18 minutes ago, kabmab said:

If X removes foot stools from balconies ... 🙄

That's probably so you don't accidentally fall over the railing while standing on it...

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

That's probably so you don't accidentally fall over the railing while standing on it...

Or to keep unsupervised children from falling over the railing when standing on it.

10 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Or to keep unsupervised children from falling over the railing when standing on it.

Then might as well get rid of the chairs too if that's the concern 🤔

• Like 1

I’m in a sunset sky suite at the moment on Edge. May be you could secure it to the metal supports on the roof above as there are two small beams it could be tied to. However it  would never be allowed. Too close to the balcony railing. Our balcony has two loungers, two chairs and a table.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Boatharbour said:

I’m in a sunset sky suite at the moment on Edge. May be you could secure it to the metal supports on the roof above as there are two small beams it could be tied to. However it  would never be allowed. Too close to the balcony railing. Our balcony has two loungers, two chairs and a table.

So much for the individual from Celebrity who called me saying there won’t be footstools or loungers on any of their ships, period due to safety concerns.  

Edited by Lastdance

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

So much for the individual from Celebrity who called me saying there won’t be footstools or loungers on any of their ships, period due to safety concerns.  

I’m living dangerously then.  I’m lying on the lounger right now crossing the Tasman Sea!

• Like 3

Royal has no problem with the hammocks I’ve hung on several of their standard balconies.  And the Sunset Verandas are deeper than Royal’s standard balconies.

I always hang it low so there is no chance of danger.  
I’m specifically asking if it’s possible and not whether each person thinks its a good idea or not. And the movement from the ship makes lying in a hammock that much better.  I don’t have to rock myself.  Heehee

Thank you BoatHarbor for your exceedingly helpful answer!!

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Boatharbour said:

I’m living dangerously then.  I’m lying on the lounger right now crossing the Tasman Sea!

Ahhhh, it’s Edge; they didn’t get the memo yet...enjoy!😀

You are Down Under and info’ flows the opposite way!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boatharbour said:

Enjoy.  Have crossed the Tasman when it was smooth as glass and also when 50' waves turned our ship around.  Simply sat on the floor holding on to a post!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lastdance said:

7 hours ago, Boatharbour said:

Expand  

Edited 5 hours ago by Lastdance

IMG_9889.jpeg

Guest Cable3232
10 hours ago, Boatharbour said:

IMG_9889.jpeg

Did you bring your own loungers??? Australians!! 🤣

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Liao said:

Obviously they designed/built the ships with this in mind.  You think Celebrity had this in mind when they designed their current fleet?  

Frankly I don't care what folks do on their balconies, but I can understand why Celebrity wouldn't condone hammocks.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cable3232 said:

Did you bring your own loungers??? Australians!! 🤣

lounger
/ˈlaʊn(d)ʒə/
noun

1. a comfortable chair for relaxing on, especially an outdoor chair that adjusts or extends, allowing a person to recline.

Not sure that I understand but I am down under!

6 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Obviously they designed/built the ships with this in mind.  You think Celebrity had this in mind when they designed their current fleet?  

Frankly I don't care what folks do on their balconies, but I can understand why Celebrity wouldn't condone hammocks.  

Would love to see a photo of a hammock set up on an E Class or other X Balcony, esp aft.....but proceed at your own risk!

21 hours ago, juanrod said:

We have done  hammock on SV on edge just depends on if u can hook it up 

Not saying I would, but if permitted you could tie it to these roof struts. IMG_9959.thumb.jpeg.95cbf7576e0742013b324caae3095891.jpeg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hcat said:

Would love to see a photo of a hammock set up on an E Class or other X Balcony, esp aft.....but proceed at your own risk!

Was going to share one of our pics, but DH didn’t want his drunk self to be seen sleeping in the hammock 😂

• Haha 1