74 Latitudes Points - Will NCL bump status?

5 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Our first Platinum cruise will be in September. The problem is it's a loop where people board in both Barcelona and Rome. We board in Rome a few days after the Barcelona boarders, so they will have already hoarded the spots for the tour and tasting. I doubt they will add additional tours/tastings for the Rome boarders.

I would think they’d have tours available no matter when you boarded but that may have gone the way of hash browns. 

We're in the same boat with 74 points and a 14-day cruise coming up in August. To make sure we were Platinum for the 14-day cruise we found a 4-day cruise in May that will push us to Platinum for the long cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IAcruising said:

But, but, that's the point! What is the motive behind an OP? or a response to an OP?  Do they simply want to know if their son can get a virgin drink? Or are they attempting to "find a scheme" to get around paying for their son's drink? Motive.

Exactly. Feel free to join in.

Not everyone is trying to scheme in life. But some people sure choose to be as rialed up as possible. 

Anywho, yeah I was transparent, I'd appreciate if they honored the platinum on this trip but if that's not a thing they do then whatever I should have booked my last cruise sooner when it was double points. 

20 minutes ago, Nilbog said:

We're in the same boat with 74 points and a 14-day cruise coming up in August. To make sure we were Platinum for the 14-day cruise we found a 4-day cruise in May that will push us to Platinum for the long cruise.

Sadly the 3 day Dominican public cruise overlaps dates with the one I'm on or I would have booked it too. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, G-DawgMN said:

I would think they’d have tours available no matter when you boarded

It's pretty well known that Platinum ship tours and wine tastings fill up quickly. I guess I'll find out when I get there.

20 minutes ago, Nilbog said:

We're in the same boat with 74 points and a 14-day cruise coming up in August. To make sure we were Platinum for the 14-day cruise we found a 4-day cruise in May that will push us to Platinum for the long cruise

That is exactly why you can't get it prior. NCL just got you on a 4-day cruise. 😆

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Exuberant said:

Not everyone is trying to scheme in life.

Of course, not everyone, but we do both live on the same planet, right? 😃

5 minutes ago, yakcruiser said:

Three pages now when the original question from the OP could have been answered with a simple NO.

Eh I appreciated all the data points contrary to what I've heard. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yakcruiser said:

Three pages now when the original question from the OP could have been answered with a simple NO.

And yet, you can't resist the insatiable urge to post something else that we all already know.

I'm with you brother, I'm with you. 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Exuberant said:

Not everyone is trying to scheme in life. But some people sure choose to be as rialed up as possible. 

Anywho, yeah I was transparent, I'd appreciate if they honored the platinum on this trip but if that's not a thing they do then whatever I should have booked my last cruise sooner when it was double points. 

But why would they honor the Platinum that you haven't earned when they didn't honor Bronze, Silver, or Gold before you earned them?

And no, not everyone is trying to scheme, but some people are seeking data points when they want rules broken in their favor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yakcruiser said:

Except, of course, when an OP already knows the answer to the posted question, but is really seeking the answer to the unasked question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

Except, of course, when an OP already knows the answer to the posted question, but is really seeking the answer to the unasked question.

What unasked question? My post was pretty straight forward. What's everyone's data points and if anyone had success did they do anything to be successful. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Exuberant said:

But why should NCL "honor" you with Platinum, when you haven't earned it? 

We had been on cruises where we would've advanced to the next status level at the end of that cruise.  The rule has always been you earned the night points, and if that gets to the next status, AFTER you completed the cruise, not before, not during.

Your initial question (including "probably the most painful number of points") and your repeated comment, all show that even though you did know the rule, you still want to find or hear of some way to bypass the rules.

Please don't use the word "honor" to mean how you like to find ways to bypass the rules (heard that some people have been lucky in having a higher status).  Your understanding of "honor" is not the same as most people.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Exuberant said:

Not everyone is trying to scheme in life.

29 minutes ago, Exuberant said:

My post was pretty straight forward. What's everyone's data points [IN SCHEMING THE SYSTEM] and if anyone had success [IN SCHEMING THE SYSTEM] did they do anything to be successful. 

We get it. Often, it's the words unspoken that give the game away.

• Like 2

Well....this is a fun read.

You get status after you meet or surpass the status threshold.  If someone was upgraded before reaching the status threshold, it was a mistake.  Personally, don't care, but it was still a mistake.

If you want pins....I got pins.....lots of pins....all different colors of pins....in a drawer....somewhere!  You want pins, go to Cruise Next.  THey'll give you pins.

8 hours ago, Exuberant said:

Weird I thought I basically spoke those words? 

Weird, but do you know he difference between:

"I basically spoke those words"  and  "I spoke those words"?

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Well....this is a fun read.

You get status after you meet or surpass the status threshold.  If someone was upgraded before reaching the status threshold, it was a mistake.  Personally, don't care, but it was still a mistake.

Or it could be the grandfathering a few years back which was certainly not a mistake, it was NCL policy.

lawd heave mercy.

as is typical around these here parts, a small number of folks are lambasting one poor soul for asking a perfectly innocent question. i find nothing untoward or deceptive or misleading about the OP's interest in having that particular question answered. many, including me, have been there before and wondered how this scenario would be handled.

you seasoned CC folks (and quite a few relative newcomers, as well) have heard variations of this question dozens or hundreds of times. you're tired of hearing it, and, you've learned from experience that some of the people asking it do indeed have ulterior motives. but this is the first time the OP is asking this question and the poster has no prior knowledge of how the question has been answered before. and the OP certainly doesn't expect to be scolded for the behavior of others.

just because somebody else may have been trying to bend rules or get special treatment doesn't mean that the OP is. the OP was simply saying, "hey, what's the deal with turning platinum on my cruise? i'm one point away... how is that handled? i heard they might give it to me. how do i go about getting that done?"

that's a simple request for information about an NCL policy, not an invitation to tear into the poster for what you believe are his horribly misguided evil motivations.

all the hidden intentions and perceptions of policy deviations are coming from the minds of those castigating the OP. there is nothing in the OP's initial post that would indicate that he is trying to pull one over on anybody, especially the readers of this forum.  yes, he is interested in getting the status on the next cruise and not waiting till the completion of the cruise. that's normal, not nefarious. everybody would like that! that's not the way it works, but he had apparently heard that it might work differently, so he was simply asking the kind people (there are still a few left) who participate in this forum for advice.

sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

you only think it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck if you are looking for ducks.

many folks here, sadly, are duck hunters.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4