A game changer coming for Florida cruising

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, pedirn said:

From where I live it is $39 or $79 one way depending on level of service chosen     So from West Palm Beach to FT Lauderdale would be $78 RT.   Now there are two of us so least expensive would be $156 for two of us.   Now add taxi from our house to train station about $35 each way.   Comes to $226 RT for two.   I can park at port for $140 for the week or use a car service for about $125 each way.   Now car service is a little more but personal service with them picking us up at home, handling luggage.    I am just not seeing the value for me.   

Hi Neighbor!

We live in Boca Raton about 2 miles from the Boca station.  I agree with what you are saying.  We always thought we would take Brightline to Disney World.  But, it adds up.  Add Uber from home to the station - then add Uber from the station (which is IN the Orlando airport) to Disney... and doing the same in reverse to get home.  That gets quite expensive.  I will have to keep watching for the next BOGO because I hate the trip up from South Florida to Orlando on the turnpike!

From where we live, we see the Brightline trains going by all the time.  I look forward to seeing one with the Princess wrap!

Edited by metairiegal
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2024 at 2:09 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

Add in the $35 per bag if you want the seamless travel where you check your bag and they bring it to the ship!  2 bags would bring your total to $296.

Yes I forgot to add the baggage fees.   I am not sure how many people would actually use this new Princess/Brightline service.  Prices could add up quickly