A game changer coming for Florida cruising

18 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I still stick to it being a Brightline partnership that includes parking at Brightline stations and allows for “seamless” addition of Brightline train fare (with connecting port shuttles) included as part of the booking process (much like adding ezair or hotel/transfers are today). This would be a “game changer” for many Florida drive market consumers as it would alleviate port parking hassles. 

But this wouldn't do much for the west side of Florida clients, would it?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jemnibabe02 said:

Or those of us in Jacksonville. No Brightline here and Amtrak and Florida East Coast Rail would move heaven and earth to prevent a Brightline station from opening here.

And for those getting their hopes up about the port in Jacksonville being a Princess port - don't get one's hopes up too far... it's NCL that got that spot, unfortunately. Unless they are allowing a 3rd cruise line to use the dock, I just don't see how they'd have room, it's already so small.

Edited by AlpacaBag

2 hours ago, Jemnibabe02 said:

Is there no plan to expand the service to connect the east and west coast?  Maybe the Everglades is an insurmountable obstacle.

https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/local/hillsboroughcounty/brightline-tampa-station-rail/67-f25bb4d1-ab02-40f6-83e6-35abb1f45a83

a Tampa - Orlando expansion has been proposed but still in discussions,  it’s been discussed for many years but even with federal funds covering the bulk of the cost, Tallahassee has said no in the past.

Has anyone else noticed that the person pictured next to Carmen Roig is Marsha Patrick, Director of Sales, Western US and Canada?  Western US?  Canada?  Could we be talking about some type of deal with an airline or possibly Amtrak to get people from the western US and Canada to Ft. Lauderdale/Tampa and Port Canaveral?  Guess we'll all find out in a few hours.  

47 minutes ago, whitecap said:

Has anyone else noticed that the person pictured next to Carmen Roig is Marsha Patrick, Director of Sales, Western US and Canada?  Western US?  Canada?  Could we be talking about some type of deal with an airline or possibly Amtrak to get people from the western US and Canada to Ft. Lauderdale/Tampa and Port Canaveral?  Guess we'll all find out in a few hours.  

I can’t imagine Amtrak from the west coast to Florida being an option for most cruisers. It takes too long. And aren’t there already flights?  

On 3/28/2024 at 6:57 PM, PescadoAmarillo said:

Hopefully it’s a good thing!  Details will be released publicly next week, but usually someone here gets some early information. 

IMG_0058.jpeg

I stil go back to this with the MAJOR news to share about Florida cruises that will delight clients living in that region - and help grow your bookings.  

Hopefully someone who watches will post the info on here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whitecap said:

With Amtrak they are gonna need to hold the ship for a few hours or a day with how their cross country trains never run on time.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

With Amtrak they are gonna need to hold the ship for a few hours or a day with how their cross country trains never run on time.

And Brightline runs behind because people play chicken with train or decide to commit suicide.    More times than people know as news doesn’t report all but I know those who work at a major trauma center and the numbers are a lot higher than people know.   Plus when that happens the riders just have to sit on train while police work the scene.  Last one which happened right at intersection where hospital is located took three hours before train was able to resume trip.   And that was a single pedestrian versus train.   It is longer when there are multiple victims or cars involved.

2 hours ago, whitecap said:

She has been in the seminars for years.  Did them with the previous SVP, John.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So far - Marketing to Central and South Florida residents as an alternative to driving to either Port Everglades or Port Canaveral.  Free shuttle for Princess guests from Ft Lauderdale and Orlando stations to the ports.  Ability to check bags at rail station and bags delivered direct to stateroom.

No word yet whether this will be available as an add-on during booking process, or only through Brightline website.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Thanks 1

@AtlantaCruiser72 thank you for the information.

What an absolute joke Princess!!  Seriously, they put out that it's game changing and an innovation.  It's being able to take Brightline and check your bags  (a cost) and have a free shuttle?  I realize that they are giving OBC through May 5 but I still don't see how this is revolutionary.  And it's been done before!  

Yes, you can check your bag but unless you are in premium, to check your bag is $25 per bag from Orlando!

The $10 per day parking fee (if paid in advance) isn't even waived? 

I realize they are doing a limited promotion for some OBC but that only goes until May 5.

So the only difference is that you can get a discount on doing Brightline if you are a party of 3 or more(which is always readily available) but can now pay to have your bags checked and sent to the ship and have a free shuttle to the port.  

• Like 4

So my opinion  - look at the HUGE drive market in Orlando, The Villages/Ocala and Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater.  For many the convenience of driving/ubering to Orlando airport, parking and taking the train vs battling the turnpike/I-95 and dealing with port traffic/parking (on port or off) will be beneficial.  There is also the savings of fuel/tolls to consider.

Once the shuttle to/from Port Canaveral starts this will be beneficial to the South Florida consumer who wishes to cruise from there as an alternate to Port Everglades especially as many will be able to uber to/from the So FL stations rather than paying for parking.

This this an earth shattering "game changer"?  Not really, but there will be many who will find the partnership beneficial

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

image.thumb.png.3b8357bfdf8f3765287eb3ebfad1ee56.png

I don't live in Florida so I'm not invested in this news, but I just noticed the demographic they are apparently marketing to.  Looks like a much younger crowd 🙂 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

So my opinion  - look at the HUGE drive market in Orlando, The Villages/Ocala and Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater.  For many the convenience of driving/ubering to Orlando airport, parking and taking the train vs battling the turnpike/I-95 and dealing with port traffic/parking (on port or off) will be beneficial.  There is also the savings of fuel/tolls to consider.

Once the shuttle to/from Port Canaveral starts this will be beneficial to the South Florida consumer who wishes to cruise from there as an alternate to Port Everglades especially as many will be able to uber to/from the So FL stations rather than paying for parking.

This this an earth shattering "game changer"?  Not really, but there will be many who will find the partnership beneficial

As someone who did the drive often between Miami and Orlando, it's not that much of a battle and parking at the ports has never been that much of a battle either.

And it would still have the hassle of parking in Orlando along with the $10 per day parking fee there. Coming into Orlando from any area besides Orlando still has you driving there, using gas and possibly paying tolls.  The train fare would eat up any savings of fuels/tolls from Orlando since even with 50% off if you are 3 or more, you are still looking at $100 roundtrip minimum for regular class per person. I you are only 2 then it can be  $200 per person round trip.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I don't live in Florida so I'm not invested in this news, but I just noticed the demographic they are apparently marketing to.  Looks like a much younger crowd 🙂 

It could still be helpful to those of us from outside of FL. Sometimes flights into certain FL airports are much cheaper than others and we could use the Brightline discount and the free shuttle in those cases.

• Like 3