A game changer coming for Florida cruising

Considering the only ship in the fleet without a winter 2025/spring 2026 deployment is the Coral, and there has not been winter 2026 World Cruise announcement yet we can rule out a new homeport.

This leads me to believe it has to be something to do either with terminal facilities or ground transport. I’m not sure either would constitute being a “game changer” but then I’m not a C-suite marketing spin doctor. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Any time a company changes things and states for customer convenience it really means for the company's benefit. This sounds like it falls into that scenario. If Princess really wants to do something customer friendly they'd stop out sourcing customer service to clueless reps who read from a script.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I really struggle to think what a "game changer" for cruising could actually be. Things like modifying PVSA, return of CTN, truly all-inclusive one-price fare, 4x security/check in staff to eliminate terminal wait altogether?

Giant ass ships with literally everything -- 2 decks interior promenades with animated canopies, roller coasters (!) -- none of those are "game changer" for Florida.

I mean, we're talking about Princess here -- the same Princess who called the Medallion a game changer. I like the Medallion, but let's not pretend it's nothing more than a cruise card on steroids. Hardly a game changer. That's it! Maybe we're getting new Medallions! 

Brought to you by Flava Flav!

image.png.3928363fb135fbb2d7890d241fa27eaf.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

If it’s like too much of her overhyping things, the announcement might not be any “MAJOR news”.

Unlike the previous SVP of Sales who didn’t prevent non travel agents from viewing his webinars, she has restricted her webinars to TAs only…why does she block passengers from learning about info that affects us? 🤔

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

I watched the webAir on the Sphere (Sun Princess). One and done.  All hype, no byte.  

I have taken the approach of “wait and see”.  It will take a lot to “WOW” me.

hmmmmm.  No way to 💜 or thank @PescadoAmarillo

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

If it’s like too much of her overhyping things, the announcement might not be any “MAJOR news”.

Unlike the previous SVP of Sales who didn’t prevent non travel agents from viewing his webinars, she has restricted her webinars to TAs only…why does she block passengers from learning about info that affects us? 🤔

Agree, game change to Princess will likely turn out to be something meh to us.

I think you can still watch.  You just can't register. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Agree, game change to Princess will likely turn out to be something meh to us.

I think you can still watch.  You just can't register. 

I tried to watch it once but was unsuccessful & only seen a video recording. We’ll be nearing Cabo on the 5th so won’t be watching it from the ship. ☺️

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I tried to watch it once but was unsuccessful & only seen a video recording. We’ll be nearing Cabo on the 5th so won’t be watching it from the ship. ☺️

It's probably been two months since I've tried to watch so maybe something changed?  I know the videos are out there after the live version.  And I would would much rather be in your shoes on the 5th.  Enjoy your cruise!  😊

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I just looked at the text with the webinar teaser and my eyes rested on a key phrase “will delight cruisers LIVING IN THAT REGION”

With that verbiage and the phrase “game changer” in mind it made me think of the following possibilities:

1. Annual cruising pass where Florida Residents can buy a set number of weeks/cruises per annum at a set price similar to timeshare weeks/points

2. Free parking for Florida residents

3. New “hometown” motorcoach service to Florida residents at no extra charge (been done before by multiple lines either for free or at a charge)

4. Partnership with Brightline - Florida residents receive complimentary/reduced fare transport to/from FLL  via Brightline

I’m sure it will be far less outside the box than any of those would be. I think some sort of partnership with Brightline, including transfer to/from the port could be an interesting possibility, especially once the extension to Tampa and the rumored Port Canaveral stations are opened. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to seeing what is game changing for those of us who live in the area. 

maybe a ship being here all year round and doing 3/4 day sailings?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Princess have tried both in the past with little success, and to be honest neither would be a “game changer”, however marketing spin being what it is ….

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Looking forward to seeing what is game changing for those of us who live in the area. 

Thinking along the same line as you.

New Florida embarkation,

ship home porting in Florida year round and or

3/4/ day sailings. All good news if you live in Florida.

Certainly 3/4 daily sailings are great for residents of Florida and other lines like Celebrity have been adding those.

Kinda interested in the new New York roundtrip stuff. 

• Like 3