Any recent cruisers Brisbane to CBD on a Princess Ship

Ombud

Can you shed some light on the Princess shuttle? Prepay only? Other options? Are there busses waiting at the dock or do I need to buy a ticket from the excursion desk onboard?

Also check out the Australia and New Zealand Cruisers forum:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/564-australia-new-zealand-cruisers/

There are lots of helpful Aussies and Kiwis on that board.  They were great sources of information before and during (when scheduling got changed) our Round Australia cruise last April.

• Like 1

We sail this past October, the first cruise of the season. There were pay shuttles into town, which you could prepurchase or buy on the shuttle. Unfortunately, they did not start running until 8 AM on the dot, and we had a privately booked excursion that left at 845. First and last time I ever saw my husband run, but we just made it. We were off the ship and on the shuttle bus shortly after 7 AM, but it would not leave until the published time of 8 AM, even though it had filled up.

It cost $25 AUD about a week ago for the Princess shuttle bus, return trip. Book on board, they hand out a request form a couple of days prior. Journey can take up to 1 hour depending on traffic. Through industrial area so definitely not at all scenic lol. Only other option seems to be a taxi or ride share car. No suitable public transport and nothing whatsoever to see or do in the Port area. Hope this helps a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last year there was no shuttle at all (we had hoped to get into the city and take an excursion river boat to/from the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary) so here's an alternative excursion if the shuttle doesn't work out.  The Princess Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary was an excellent excursion.  It was a guided bus ride back and forth so we learned quite a bit about Brisbane.  We loved the Sanctuary and on the ride back (a slightly different route than the ride to) we had stops at a scenic overlook of the river and city and 15 minutes to explore the views from Mt. Cootha.

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

@nzrainbow (also posted on Au/NZ board) where did it drop off? Hoping to get near North Quay ferry stop or Anzac plaza

The shuttle dropped us off at Anzac Square so nice and central and for a solo traveller at $25 AUD its by far the cheapest transport into the City return.

• Thanks 1

I put a lot of research into this for our Royal cruise next week where we get off in Brisbane. There is no public transport and I wanted to go to CBD with a flight out later that afternoon. So I booked princess transfer (telling them I had an earlier flight) which will take us to airport early in morning where we can store luggage and catch airtrain to city and back later for flight. Sounds convoluted but I figured it was better than queuing for a taxi and it dealt with problem of what to do with luggage for a day in Brisbane.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorri111 said:

I put a lot of research into this for our Royal cruise next week where we get off in Brisbane. There is no public transport and I wanted to go to CBD with a flight out later that afternoon. So I booked princess transfer (telling them I had an earlier flight) which will take us to airport early in morning where we can store luggage and catch airtrain to city and back later for flight. Sounds convoluted but I figured it was better than queuing for a taxi and it dealt with problem of what to do with luggage for a day in Brisbane.

The light rail works great for the airport to the CBD.  The ship's shuttle to the airport a great solution.

• Like 1

There was no charge for the shuttle when we were there in November. It was originally available for purchase but a letter announcing that there would be free shuttles was delivered to our cabin during the cruise.

• Like 1