Elvis cruise on the Pacific Encounter

I haven’t cruised p&o for about 5 years and I just got home today after doing an Elvis 4 day cruise to Airlie beach from Brisbane 

the entertainment was first class with all the Elvis entertainers onboard and to get a good seat in the Black Circus or the theatre you had to get there 45 to 60 mins early to get a decent seat 

they had a show booked in for 2.30pm yesterday and people were lined up at 12.45pm to get in and watch the show in the Black Circus and that show was supposed to end about 3.30 but the Elvis entertainer said they was no acts after him so he gave the crowd their moneys worth and finished about 4.45pm 

I’ve never done an Elvis cruise but p&o put on a great show, anyone who hasn’t done one and is 60+ it’s worth the wait to line up if your an Elvis fan 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, rkmw said:

I haven’t cruised p&o for about 5 years and I just got home today after doing an Elvis 4 day cruise to Airlie beach from Brisbane 

the entertainment was first class with all the Elvis entertainers onboard and to get a good seat in the Black Circus or the theatre you had to get there 45 to 60 mins early to get a decent seat 

they had a show booked in for 2.30pm yesterday and people were lined up at 12.45pm to get in and watch the show in the Black Circus and that show was supposed to end about 3.30 but the Elvis entertainer said they was no acts after him so he gave the crowd their moneys worth and finished about 4.45pm 

I’ve never done an Elvis cruise but p&o put on a great show, anyone who hasn’t done one and is 60+ it’s worth the wait to line up if your an Elvis fan 

Glad you enjoyed yourself Bob!

29 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Glad you enjoyed yourself Bob!

Thanks Cheryle 

yes it was a good cruise and i’ve never seen on any cruise where you had to queue up 1hour 40mins to get a decent seat to watch a show and when the show started it was standing room only 

3 hours ago, rkmw said:

Thanks Cheryle 

yes it was a good cruise and i’ve never seen on any cruise where you had to queue up 1hour 40mins to get a decent seat to watch a show and when the show started it was standing room only 

Let us know when you see another good one and we might join you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Let us know when you see another good one and we might join you.

Cheryle I’ll message you 

Thanks for letting us know about your experience, I have wondered about these theme cruises for a while and wouldn't mind doing an Elvis one with my mother-in-law as she should enjoy it.

I did see an Elvis performance on the old Sun Princess years ago and it was very good but I haven't come across one since then.

1 hour ago, sewgood said:

Thanks for letting us know about your experience, I have wondered about these theme cruises for a while and wouldn't mind doing an Elvis one with my mother-in-law as she should enjoy it.

I did see an Elvis performance on the old Sun Princess years ago and it was very good but I haven't come across one since then.

The Pacific Adventure is doing one from Sydney 4 night cruise to Morten island 10/3/25 

as I said p&o do it well and with disembarking today they started about 6.30am and they had everyone just about off just after 8.30am 

I did a b2b with a 3 day comedy cruise followed by a 4 day Elvis cruise and if you do a b2b they put an anchor on your new cruise card so you don’t have to get a tender ticket for going ashore 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, rkmw said:

The Pacific Adventure is doing one from Sydney 4 night cruise to Morten island 10/3/25

Sounds great, I might just have to find those blue suede shoes.

Edited by sewgood
  • Haha 1

On our recent Majestic Princess cruise we saw a great Elvis show - by a kiwi by the name of Che Orton. He was billed as having recently been named as in the top 5 Elvis acts worldwide & won the Parkes 'Elvis' event this year. He is to travel to US to represent Australia in an Elvis competition.

He did a second show as himself & is a great entertainer. 

He was so good as Elvis, that I think some onboard thought he was the real Elvis 🙂 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, mr walker said:

a kiwi by the name of Che Orton

If he wins the Elvis competition in the US, no doubt we will then refer to him as the Australian. 😁

• Haha 5

On 3/30/2024 at 1:12 PM, rkmw said:

Good to hear! Also fabulous to have a post NOT bagging the much maligned P&O.🤣

2 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

Good to hear! Also fabulous to have a post NOT bagging the much maligned P&O.🤣

Nothing wrong with p&o on this cruise and they did an excellent job

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok, bite me.

But ONE Elvis (or any other) tribute act per cruise is fine. But an entirely impersonater cruise sounds like hell to me. Something for the die-hard fans only.

That said, I would have booked the Eurovision Song Contest cruises in Europe, had I known about those.

9 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Me too.  Have followed Eurovision since its inception.

We enjoy Eurovision but are quite disappointed that Australia is now competing in it. We didn't mind them doing a song as a spectacle  each year but to compete in it like a European country is just ludicrous.

12 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We enjoy Eurovision but are quite disappointed that Australia is now competing in it. We didn't mind them doing a song as a spectacle  each year but to compete in it like a European country is just ludicrous.

It is indeed ludicrous, and while we have enjoyed the stellar performances of some of the Aussie contestants, we have raised eyebrows at the prospect of every European and Middle Eastern nation struggling to send their team to the southern hemisphere in the unlikely scenario of an Australian win.  It’s also dubious that our citizens would support funding the enormous cost of hosting the contest.  Eurovision has produced many gems over the decades:  Lulu, Abba, etc., and who could forget that magical Riverdance  interlude while Ireland was hosting? 

• Like 2