*LIVE* Norwegian Encore – 7-Night Eastern Caribbean March 31, 2024 – April 7, 2024

Posted (edited)

As we cruise out into open sea, a foil surfer is following us to the Dominican Republic. The Bird hopes that this guy charged his battery before coming out… it is a long swim back to shore. 

IMG_0342.jpeg

IMG_0343.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

In the next phase of sustainable cruising, buffet leftovers are being turned into IV fluids. While I trust NCL, I am not sure I want them pumping me full of “juice”. 

IMG_0375.jpeg

• Haha 6

Posted (edited)

Sailing off the coast of Cuba, our sea day starts with a beautiful sunrise over the Atlantic. We have sailed 268 miles since leaving Miami and we are currently cruising at 18.8 kn. 

IMG_0450.jpeg

IMG_0451.jpeg

IMG_0452.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The Birds thought they were on a roll after finding half-n-half and cookies, but this morning, all The Bird could find is the much more fancy and elevated country potatoes. 

IMG_0449.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Guess what The Bird found… not that The Bird would partake. 

IMG_0360.jpeg

IMG_0361.jpeg

You did not mention where you found the cookies.   Would be helpful for those on the hunt for cookies.

For those who love indoor sunshine and the relaxing environment of a spa, the Mandara Thermal Suite is the place to go. The Bird never sails without one and is much happier on NCL than the poor imitation a week ago on another cruise line. 

IMG_0454.jpeg

IMG_0455.jpeg

IMG_0456.jpeg

IMG_0469.jpeg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, PATRLR said:

I know this came up elsewhere, but there it is - the only beef option is the New York Strip "steak" from the everyday menu.  I'll be interested in seeing just how many days they don't offer a beef dish.

I noticed this on other reports. Prime Rib was the first day buffet offering. Cut backs!😬

5 minutes ago, JayS said:

I noticed this on other reports. Prime Rib was the first day buffet offering. Cut backs!😬

According to the daily posted above, it seems like the prime rib was replaced with brisket yesterday on the Encore.  

2 hours ago, JayS said:

We actually greatly prefer the brisket to the prime rib. They served a prime rib-ish carved roast for lunch at the Garden Cafe. Don’t need it two meals in a row. 

18 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Look who is running the ship!

IMG_0239.jpeg

IMG_0240.jpeg

IMG_0241.jpeg

IMG_0242.jpeg

IMG_0244.jpeg

IMG_0245.jpeg

IMG_0246.jpeg

IMG_0247.jpeg

IMG_0251.jpeg

IMG_0252.jpeg

Bird, I know, I know! I'm being persnickety! But could you please teach these people, especially Guest Services Manager Cruella and Captain Frankenstein to please show a smile? At least they who are obfuscating (Cruise Next, y'all) lead with a smile. Gosh - we're not in Europe, y'all! Show those pearly whites...or ivories...or ambers. 

Now, onward! Have a most wonderful cruise aboard Encore!!

Ahh, glad I found this review from you!  Love your reviews.  We will be on the Encore in December for the transatlantic from Southampton to Miami.  We already got the spa pass, lol.  I know it's not the same itinerary but we have not been on the Encore yet.  Just got off the Prima in February.

22 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Huston, we have a problem… someone forgot to order food and beer!

The Norwegian Encore has a capacity of 3998 passengers. This week, we are sailing with over 4900 passengers. Of the 4900 passengers, there are over 1400 kids onboard. 

Of the over 4900 passengers, there are no Ambassadors and only 7 Diamond members. 

IMG_0265.thumb.jpeg.48f323dbafb19f3fca3f3d8f1a44f8dd.jpeg

I don’t want to sail on a ship with over 1400 pax let alone over 1400 kids!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Bird, I know, I know! I'm being persnickety! But could you please teach these people, especially Guest Services Manager Cruella and Captain Frankenstein to please show a smile? At least they who are obfuscating (Cruise Next, y'all) lead with a smile. Gosh - we're not in Europe, y'all! Show those pearly whites...or ivories...or ambers. 

Now, onward! Have a most wonderful cruise aboard Encore!!

The Birds will be meeting with the Captain tonight. We’ll mention your comment to him. 

Today, for the Latitudes party, the Captain was in his dress blue uniform while the rest of the senior staff were in their working whites. He is a bit more on the formal side. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The Birds thought they were on a roll after finding half-n-half and cookies, but this morning, all The Bird could find is the much more fancy and elevated country potatoes. 

IMG_0449.jpeg

So The Birds were interested in the preparation of the elevated country potatoes. The Bird wanted to see if they were faster, cheaper, easier to prepare than tossing some hash browns into the fryer. 

Nope. It was almost a labor of love watching a cook roast one side of the potatoes, meticulously flip each potato wedge on the flat top, then finally add some aromatic veg. One small batch took a cook a long while to complete. 

The company is making an investment to create and serve elevated foods and not 1970’s hash browns. 
IMG_0577.thumb.jpeg.098757a69ebb3ceffc3896e82cfcb784.jpeg

9 minutes ago, purpleally said:

I don’t want to sail on a ship with over 1400 pax let alone over 1400 kids!

Perhaps a private yacht is what you are looking for. Not a main stream cruise line.