*LIVE* Norwegian Encore – 7-Night Eastern Caribbean March 31, 2024 – April 7, 2024

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Two complimentary pools, “beaches”, flow rider, games, loungers, day beds. 

IMG_0776.jpeg

IMG_0785.jpeg

We were pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoyed our afternoon in this port.

No plans.  Free to sit/swim in the pool.  And the 'beach' area was clean and quiet with the pool right there if you got hot.

• Like 1

As we bid the Dominican Republic farewell, the Captain continues to use both our azipods and bow thrusters to navigate the very narrow channel out of the port. Next to us, we see what remains of a ship that failed to stay in the channel. 

In 2022, the Norwegian Escape failed to stay in the channel, grounding her on the reef and causing a hull breach. All 4000 of those passengers were disembarked in Puerto Plata and flown, 150 passengers at a time, to Miami. 

IMG_0830.jpeg

IMG_0831.jpeg

IMG_0832.jpeg

IMG_0833.jpeg

IMG_0834.jpeg

Bird I always appreciate your live reviews on just sticking to the features and options on the ship rather than showing me pictures of your family dining out or on the beach to a bunch of internet strangers. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2024 at 11:46 PM, BirdTravels said:

While I trust NCL, I am not sure I want them pumping me full of “juice”.

Wow! I haven’t seen this offered on prior cruises. Must be popular after a late night of cocktails 🍸

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

Noticing that again there is no beef in the MDR on this menu.

Thought I saw under classic entree’s a grilled NY strip steak. Maybe I was mistaken?

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

What’s the latest game show at sea? Wheel of Fortune. 

Like Deal or No Deal, you have to buy a play-along game card to be in the running to be a contestant. Play-along cards are automatically scored based on the wheel spins and letters selected by the contestants. Audience members also score by correctly solving the puzzle before the on stage contestants. 

IMG_0794.jpeg.e4a24daf95c9f7853eea8cbd9502c441.jpeg

IMG_0792.thumb.jpeg.4bec51327c8c9e4454e795b311a9769d.jpeg

IMG_0793.jpeg.8f5105dff452abdf14ade4aa72e54833.jpeg

IMG_0796.jpeg.ebfa8c2a68177f8a69e0b6948ccfbc7e.jpeg

IMG_0797.jpeg.5182168436b548e716badd80135b7cfc.jpeg

IMG_0795.thumb.jpeg.2c46258bc7d7ca4f4d7dca02dba902c8.jpeg

Thx! Have  u ever participated by buying the cards?  What does the audience members even win? 

19 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

Thx! Have  u ever participated by buying the cards?  What does the audience members even win? 

High audience score after 4 rounds gets $250 (you get different random wheel wedges and 2 constants and 1 vowel per card per round). Places 2-10 get consolation prizes (umbrellas and tote bags). This is all automatically scored by system. 

Fastest audience solver per round gets a consolation prize). 

The Birds bought cards on both nights. We were in the top 10 until the last round… then not in top 10. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zqvol said:

Noticing that again there is no beef in the MDR on this menu.  Thanks Bird!

Yes. Those menus are the same as the ones you find published on profcruise...except for the beef dishes which are always at the top.

So they've had all the menus reprinted?? Huh...

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

High audience score after 4 rounds gets $250 (you get different random wheel wedges and 2 constants and 1 vowel per card per round). Places 2-10 get consolation prizes (umbrellas and tote bags). This is all automatically scored by system. 

Fastest audience solver per round gets a consolation prize). 

The Birds bought cards on both nights. We were in the top 10 until the last round… then not in top 10. 

Thx

The adults only pool has lots of seating in the sun, in the shades, and under a few umbrellas. Along with twin hot tubs on either side of the ship, cantilevered over the side of the ship. 

IMG_1003.jpeg

IMG_1005.jpeg

IMG_1006.jpeg

IMG_1007.jpeg

IMG_1004.jpeg

IMG_1009.jpeg

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

Really? Thx

We will see. It’s kinda like moving into someone’s house where they left all of the furniture. 

The old vendor had a handbag shop here, but you don’t have enough merchandise for a dedicated handbag store, but you want to sell beachware, how do you repurpose the handbag displays for sundresses?  

How do you distribute your $1M in jewelry in the old display cases? The old vendor put the high end stuff right at the door, new vendor wants to have an exclusive section in the back,,, using the front cases for cheap stuff that they plan to move quickly,,, giving the store the appearance of being “the place” to go. 

22 hours ago, zqvol said:

Noticing that again there is no beef in the MDR on this menu.  Thanks Bird!

Just wondering if you saw the strip steak? I never order it but wanted to make sure you didn’t miss it if you are thinking of an upcoming trip- I think it’s always offered 🙂