*LIVE* Norwegian Encore – 7-Night Eastern Caribbean March 31, 2024 – April 7, 2024

What about the kiddos?  The kid’s menu is available in all restaurants. When ordering from the kid’s menu in a specialty restaurant, let your server know right away since the food is prepared in a different galley. 

IMG_0908.jpeg

36 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

What about the kiddos?  The kid’s menu is available in all restaurants. When ordering from the kid’s menu in a specialty restaurant, let your server know right away since the food is prepared in a different galley. 

IMG_0908.jpeg

So...if one (an adult) REALLY wanted beef, I guess one could ask for a hamburger? 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, PATRLR said:

That strip steak is absolutely awful.  It's so bad they have to drown it in an overly salted gravy just to give it some taste. 

That is the prevailing opinion on this board. When we were on the Jade last month, I warned Mrs. Schmoopie and our traveling companion not to order it. I said, "You'll be sorry".

As usual, Mrs. Schmoopie didn't listen to me. Imagine my surprise when their steaks arrived and they both raved about them. I thought this had to be an early April Fools joke. So I tried a bite, and they weren't kidding. Absolutely fantastic, and cooked perfectly. The next night I decided to go out on a limb and order one for myself. Again...perfection. Maybe the Jade is an anomaly when it comes to MDR strip steaks. But it was as good as the Cagney's filet we had earlier in the cruise.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

As usual, Mrs. Schmoopie didn't listen to me. Imagine my surprise when their steaks arrived and they both raved about them. I thought this had to be an early April Fools joke. So I tried a bite, and they weren't kidding. Absolutely fantastic, and cooked perfectly. The next night I decided to go out on a limb and order one for myself. Again...perfection. Maybe the Jade is an anomaly when it comes to MDR strip steaks. But it was as good as the Cagney's filet we had earlier in the cruise.

Well, maybe coinciding with removal of the beef entrees, they decide they better step up their game on the strip steak.  One can hope.  Or, maybe it's just different sourcing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The ship has a capacity of 3996. We are sailing with 4900 passengers. There are passengers stacked in the halls. Every square inch of sunlight has a chair/lounger in it. 

Although the Waterfront and the Thermal Suite don’t feel very busy for those who enjoy some shade. 

So enjoying your trip report, BirdTravels! Thank you for all the photos, menus, tips, etc. Your posts are especially helpful as we plan our first NCL cruise. We leave Sunday for 21 glorious days aboard the Encore. The toughest part is where to use our four specialty dining meals! 

2 hours ago, PATRLR said:

Well, maybe coinciding with removal of the beef entrees, they decide they better step up their game on the strip steak.  One can hope.  Or, maybe it's just different sourcing.

I will take one (or three) for team, starting next week on the Encore repo. This will be my 7th attempt. I'll be going in with pretty low expectations, so who knows?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Texter2 said:

So enjoying your trip report, BirdTravels! Thank you for all the photos, menus, tips, etc. Your posts are especially helpful as we plan our first NCL cruise. We leave Sunday for 21 glorious days aboard the Encore. The toughest part is where to use our four specialty dining meals! 

Just out of curiosity, how did you end up with four specialty dining meals.

25 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

Just out of curiosity, how did you end up with four specialty dining meals.

Good question! I believe two from FAS and two from FAS+. 

14 minutes ago, Texter2 said:

Good question! I believe two from FAS and two from FAS+. 

If you have Platinum of above status on NCL you also get 2 free specialty dining meals. One with a bottle of wine. 

1 minute ago, gmbhardy said:

You should have five, three from FAS and two from FAS+.

I hope you are correct. My docs say two for FAS in oceanview. 

23 minutes ago, gknep said:

If you have Platinum of above status on NCL you also get 2 free specialty dining meals. One with a bottle of wine. 

They aren't even bronze yet.

18 minutes ago, Texter2 said:

I hope you are correct. My docs say two for FAS in oceanview. 

My bad. I get three for balcony. I guess ocean view gets two. My apologies!