Jim_Iain - B2B Sydney - Honolulu - Vancouver

Jim_Iain

6 hours ago, hcat said:

great story!

you offered another ID of the lizard..either way grest photo and he is amazing...You should enter it in the Nat Geo photo contest!

You may be 100% correct.   I just used the iPhone i button and that is how they identified them.   They did have gold colored flakes on them.    There were about a 1/2 dozen of them and the star of the lunch time.

7 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Jim — I hope you know you are getting me into trouble.  I have been sharing your review, especially the photo’s with my wife and I may have to spring for an Australian to Canada cruise in the next year or so ..  We have both really enjoyed all your commentary and beautiful pictures.  The warm blue skies are making us envious as it has been over cast, chilly, and rain almost every day since we arrived but thankfully there are clear skies for our sail away here in the next hour or so.  

I've been watching the home weather and looks like the SF Bay area is due to get 1 inch of rain this weekend... VERY WEIRD.     By this time of year we should be in our dry season until October.    No complaints but weird.

Just letting you know -  your wife sent me a bribe to post all these pictures... she needs a cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Justpackingmybags said:

I’ve never been to Hawaii. This bucket list is getting too long 😂

I wall warn you.    Hawaii is magical and once you go you will have to come back.   The best part is unlike the Caribbean it doesn't really get HOT and HUMID.    The temps don't change much year round and the trade winds are always blowing back and forth keeping you comfortable.

• Like 10

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

LOL...   Since I have no personal experience in this I trust you..    I'm hoping it was a joke.  

I have to say.... there isn't much eye candy on this cruise.  Male or Female.    

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2
  • Haha 10

We met Catherine and Linda in Michael’s Club on Day 1.  Catherine is a CC member but forget her screen name. 

Don’t they look great for Chic night yesterday. 

IMG_5009.jpeg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I wall warn you.    Hawaii is magical and once you go you will have to come back.   The best part is unlike the Caribbean it doesn't really get HOT and HUMID.    The temps don't change much year round and the trade winds are always blowing back and forth keeping you comfortable.

Looks like I need to do some serious saving - I’m not good at economy flights these days 😂

• Like 4

On 4/2/2024 at 7:48 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I must have too much time on my hand.  

Who is this Weird Couple -

Jumping in late to the thread...I so enjoy your blogs! It was fun to hear your voice....I've only just  heard it in my head when I read along :)! Have fun!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just letting you know -  your wife sent me a bribe to post all these pictures... she needs a cruise.

That is starting to make sense.  We boarded Millennium yesterday and already she’s in high spirits. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

That is starting to make sense.  We boarded Millennium yesterday and already she’s in high spirits. 

Just High is she.... LOL.    

I hope you have wonderful weather for the Japan cruise.   That had to be one of our favorites.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

LOL...   Since I have no personal experience in this I trust you..    I'm hoping it was a joke.  

I have to say.... there isn't much eye candy on this cruise.  Male or Female.    

There are cruises with groups on board like this.  I’m surprised you’ve never run into any.

Hotel Director Mario on Solstice went all out for a festive Zenith Lunch this afternoon.   This is what makes us feel special.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I hope you have wonderful weather for the Japan cruise.   That had to be one of our favorites.

The days prior to the cruises were nothing to write home about.  

Today has been beautify — partly cloudy skies and lovely weather — not glass smooth seas but very smooth riding. 

As I just posted on my live review —someone up above must be saying hello to us.

IMG_1192.thumb.jpeg.bbcc32e33a5b46e1516fc31f5e57f406.jpeg 

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

a bit off topic now.. but another current live from  showed what that poster uses for hydration..so I am sharing here!  maybe helpful??

IMG_1162.thumb.jpeg.ae303e96831479c44ac343a2de8e84d5.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

cruise critic for this post got stuck..my faut..no  doubt sorry..

it was mentioned by DaKahuna

now it ( went through)  ugh!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, hcat said:

a bit off topic now.. but another current live from  showed what that poster uses for hydration..so I am sharing here!  maybe helpful??

IMG_1162.thumb.jpeg.ae303e96831479c44ac343a2de8e84d5.jpeg

Yes... Andy who was with us on a walking hike had some of that in her pocketbook.   I will look into it.   I have some Pedialyte.   My doctor was recommending it over Liquid IV because of a drug I'm using raises Potasium and it is lower than Gatoraid and IV.    I guess it is also lower in sodium and sugar.

• Like 1

For a sugar-free electrolyte mix, you might also consider LMNT. 

Different brands have different amounts of each ingredient, so it’s important to use one with a balance that works for you. 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 12:50 PM, Jim_Iain said:

We met Catherine and Linda in Michael’s Club on Day 1.  Catherine is a CC member but forget her screen name. 

Don’t they look great for Chic night yesterday. 

IMG_5009.jpeg.

I am late to post about this wonderful photo. These women are the epitome of elegance and chic.

The setting, background and color contrast are  perfect! Guest Portraits could be a new area for you!  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have some Pedialyte.   My doctor was recommending it over Liquid IV because of a drug I'm using raises Potasium and it is lower than Gatoraid and IV.  

I chose the Liquid IV as it’s available at Costco and was easy just to pick up a bag of the individual packets.  I have them and the 4C Tea to Go sugar free Half and Half packets that I carry for a little added flavor to the bottled water. 

After the large Zenith Lunch, we decided to take a break and had a Pizza and TV night in our cabin.   Just let out Butler know and he went upstairs to OVC and had them make a Pizza to our specifications.  

It was nice to just kick back and relas.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MamaFej said:

For a sugar-free electrolyte mix, you might also consider LMNT. 

Different brands have different amounts of each ingredient, so it’s important to use one with a balance that works for you. 

That's what I understand.     When in Australia I has some that are the norm n Australia, but they just didn't seem to work for me.  The Pedialyte AdvanceCare Plus seemed to work well for me

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I chose the Liquid IV as it’s available at Costco and was easy just to pick up a bag of the individual packets.  I have them and the 4C Tea to Go sugar free Half and Half packets that I carry for a little added flavor to the bottled water. 

I took the easy way out and just had them delivered to my front door using Amazon.     I have a tendency to use them for everything these days.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1