What drinks package upgrade discount have you got?

nijh

Just wondering what deals folks have got when upgrading from Classic to Premium drink package.

For our cruise I'm currently seeing a 25% discount, don't know whether to bite on that or see if better comes along, were still 8 months from sailing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nijh said:

Just wondering what deals folks have got when upgrading from Classic to Premium drink package.

For our cruise I'm currently seeing a 25% discount, don't know whether to bite on that or see if better comes along, were still 8 months from sailing.

You can always cancel and rebook if a better discount shows up..

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, scouse mouse said:

Not sure of the % but we upgraded from classic to premium for £6.99 pppd.  Was a really good deal.  Keep your eyes open for deals.

That beats the £10pppd I see at the moment.  I’ll hang fire.

If you intend on upgrading irregardless of price, then book now.  If a better price comes along simply cancel the upgrade you have booked at the higher price and rebook at the better price.  That is what we did for both of our upcoming 2024 cruises.  We caught the flash sale for $6.99 in late October of last year.

• Like 2

For our September 2, 2024, 12 night Ascent cruise, we originally got the upgrade for $9.99 plus the 20% gratuity in August 2023 (we booked the cruise in late June 2023).  Then, as Stem to Stern said, we cancelled that order when also caught the late October 2023 flash sale that was supposedly 53% off at $6.99 plus the 20% gratuity.  We had never seen the upgrade cost that low.  So our total 12 night upgrade cost for the two of us, including the gratuity, is $201.36.  Plus, we were able to use shipboard credit to pay for the upgrade!!!

John

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It doesn't matter what deal I got. It only matters which deal you can get.

If the deal you see now is good, take it. Waiting for a better deal just might not ever happen.

There's no guarantee you'll get a better deal. As someone mentioned, if you see a deal, take it if it's better than what you previously signed up for. If an ever better one comes along, cancel the one you book today and then book the better one.

The only guarantee is that if you don't book the current one, you'll have no deal.

I think I cxled and rebooked it 3x for my upcoming cruise.  Just have to check and see if sales happen.  Not always announced and there been times when the sales are only a few different cruises and not across the board.   Like others said book it and if it goes down cxl and rebook. Very easy 

We sail on April 15. The upgrade to Premium is now 25 percent off, meaning $10.99 pp a day for the 11-day cruise. Plus the 20 percent gratuities charge at checkout. No thanks. 

5 hours ago, stephenp said:

Hi,

we got the Premium upgrade for  6.60 Euros, I used my 

All Incl. OBC for the drinks and Wifi upgrades. 

happy cruising

Stephen

Can I assume you’re in Ireland?  If so, how did you avail of the 6.60?   The app is showing €16.64 pp (I believe I’ll get 15% discount for being Elite if I ring X)

33 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Can I assume you’re in Ireland?  If so, how did you avail of the 6.60?   The app is showing €16.64 pp (I believe I’ll get 15% discount for being Elite if I ring X)

Hello,  no in Germany,  it was around Christmas time they had a super offer, we were lucky 

the day we booked the old All incl. was valid, we got a V2 all Incl for € 1650 each, 2 days later it was over € 2000 more, then the All incl. was reduced to drinks and wifi.

Our OBC was 400 US.

We booked and on the 16th flying to Orlando.

Happy cruising.

Stephen

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, stephenp said:

Hello,  no in Germany,  it was around Christmas time they had a super offer, we were lucky 

the day we booked the old All incl. was valid, we got a V2 all Incl for € 1650 each, 2 days later it was over € 2000 more, then the All incl. was reduced to drinks and wifi.

Our OBC was 400 US.

We booked and on the 16th flying to Orlando.

Happy cruising.

Stephen

Thank you for your response.  I was wondering whether there they have sales here for the upgrade (though it seems doubtful). 

Well done on the great rate and Bon voyage!  

Edited by Beamafar

51 minutes ago, Harrisonkid said:

Best I ever got was a $6.99 - 15% for elite .. then 20% back in for tips ...sometime it just feels like 3 card monty...lol

I called and asked and they said I could either get the sale price or my elite 15%. Were you able to stack the discount and get both? Did you phone for that?

2 hours ago, Harrisonkid said:

Best I ever got was a $6.99 - 15% for elite .. then 20% back in for tips ...sometime it just feels like 3 card monty...lol

Please expound on the stacked discount you have mentioned.  I was not aware that the flash sales on the drink package upgrades qualified for the Captain's Club Elite discount.  Thanks.

On the first day of our last cruise on the Infinity in November the waiter in the coffee shop sold us an upgrade for 50% off. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2024 at 5:23 PM, Beamafar said:

Thank you for your response.  I was wondering whether there they have sales here for the upgrade (though it seems doubtful). 

Well done on the great rate and Bon voyage!  

Hi Bea! Hope all is well. Perhaps like you, we are branching out from MSC and our mainstay NCL. We are sailing X twice and Princess once in the next 18 months, both new lines to us. 

On drinks packages, we secured an upgrade from Classic to Premium for c. £6.50 pp. p.d for our upcoming Millenium cruise . We booked through a US agent initially so pricing was in USD. We got a 53% discount during a flash sale last year (also upgraded to Premium WiFi, got a dining package and rebooked multiple tours at the same time).  

Hoping they repeat the sale sometime this year so we can add packages to our Summit cruise booked for late next year, as we got a cruise only fare for a steal in a Concierge veranda. 

1 minute ago, Captain-John said:

Hi Bea! Hope all is well. Perhaps like you, we are branching out from MSC and our mainstay NCL. We are sailing X twice and Princess once in the next 18 months, both new lines to us. 

On drinks packages, we secured an upgrade from Classic to Premium for c. £6.50 pp. p.d for our upcoming Millenium cruise . We booked through a US agent initially so pricing was in USD. We got a 53% discount during a flash sale last year (also upgraded to Premium WiFi, got a dining package and rebooked multiple tours at the same time).  

Hoping they repeat the sale sometime this year so we can add packages to our Summit cruise booked for late next year, as we got a cruise only fare for a steal in a Concierge veranda. 

Hi Cap’n.  Yeah, we’ve got a B2B on Seascape coming up, then Splendida in September.  After that, it’s Princess, Explora and Celebrity.  Itineraries are getting boring on MSC, plus their fares have caught up with other lines, so we’re finding value elsewhere.  I have more than 5 times the points needed to get to Diamond and it doesn’t look like MSC will ever add a higher tier to VC. 

Congrats on the deal you got.  I’m not sure how the sales on drinks packages work here, but we’re Elite with X so we’ll get 15% discount to upgrade anyway. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...