Bogo diamond plus

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

On our recent cruise, some restaurants (like Hooked) did not honor the BOGO even on night 1 or 2.  

Hooked  is not eligible for the BOGO.  I recall seeing that in recent  benefits information.  Hibachi is also not eligible. 

M

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I'm glad your wife has found the grilled chicken to be good.

Sorry, let me clarify... it's not that she finds it good or has a dying desire to eat boring grilled chicken on vacation... it's that it's literally the only entree on the MDR dinner menu (besides the kids menu) that she would even try on 4 of the 7 current menus on Wonder, lol. She's just that picky.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Haha 1

So I booked 150 central at full price via the app when I got on board for tonight (night 2). So I didn't talk to anyone making the res, so I'm thinking I just tell the waiter at the start of dinner tonight I want to use my bogo on my wife? 

Going on the ADV> OF THE SEAS & are taking our daughter & husband. My question is we want to take them to dinner on the 1st or second nite to take advantage of BOGO, now can I take advantage of bogo & pay for my daughters dinner & my wife  do the same & pay for the son-in-laws dinner. We are both D+ so I belive we both get the bogo, am I right??

george35

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Sorry, let me clarify... it's not that she finds it good or has a dying desire to eat boring grilled chicken on vacation... it's that it's literally the only entree on the MDR dinner menu (besides the kids menu) that she would even try on 4 of the 7 current menus on Wonder, lol. She's just that picky.

I booked 150 central at full price via the app when I got on board for tonight (night 2). So I didn't talk to anyone making the res, so I'm thinking I just tell the waiter at the start of dinner tonight I want to use my bogo on my wife? 

11 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

I booked 150 central at full price via the app when I got on board for tonight (night 2). So I didn't talk to anyone making the res, so I'm thinking I just tell the waiter at the start of dinner tonight I want to use my bogo on my wife? 

I would have booked in person and mentioned it then... but sure. I'm sure it will work out one way or another since you booked onboard for night 2 so don't sweat it. Enjoy dinner!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, george35 said:

Going on the ADV> OF THE SEAS & are taking our daughter & husband. My question is we want to take them to dinner on the 1st or second nite to take advantage of BOGO, now can I take advantage of bogo & pay for my daughters dinner & my wife  do the same & pay for the son-in-laws dinner. We are both D+ so I belive we both get the bogo, am I right??

george35

Yes, you both get a Bogo and yes you can use it on the same night to bring two other people.   

m

43 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

We will be D+ soon.  We enjoy lunch at specialty restaurants.  I assume that you can use the benefit for lunches, too?  

While I’ve never tried to use a BOGO for lunch, I’d be very surprised if they didn’t allow it.  This would save them money and we all know how much they value their bottom line !

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

We will be D+ soon.  We enjoy lunch at specialty restaurants.  I assume that you can use the benefit for lunches, too?  

I believe the benefits sheet notes  that it is for dinner only.
 m

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2024 at 5:59 PM, OCSC Mike said:

The BOGO is meant to be booked onboard for nights 1 and 2 only. It is not meant to apply to anything booked pre-cruise nor for any other nights.

That said, you may or may not get someone to let you use them for another night but many people have said RC has become pretty strict about the night 1 and 2 part. I would address this tonight if I were you.

Enjoy your cruise on my favorite ship!

I have always prebooked the bogo free for nights 1 and 2 and haven't had an issue.  However when I was on the wonder in January I was informed that the issue falls with recognizing it has a bogo free, however they worked around.  I prebook only because I don't feel like running from one restaurant and then the next one on the day we embark.  However I have been told that I can make all specialty restaurant reservations at one specialty restaurant.

4 hours ago, colesc15 said:

They may charge you the full on board price which will be higher than the cruise planner price

• Like 1

3 hours ago, celticgirl said:

Ive bought udp so both my bogof not going to be used should i be cheeky and ask for royal lunch or something else

No. Lots of passengers  eligible for the BOGO purchase the unlimited dining package.  They don’t owe you anything.   Besides, there are always some benefits that go unused,  this is just another one.

enjoy your cruise

m

• Thanks 1