Bogo diamond plus

Help please. My wife and I are on Wonder, and just booked Chops for tomorrow night. We're both diamond plus. To use the bogo, I want to then use the free on 150 central on night to 5 which I booked through the app. Do I just have to tell them on night 2 in chops and it'll work out for night 5 at 150 if I pay full price at chops on night 2?

The BOGO is meant to be booked onboard for nights 1 and 2 only. It is not meant to apply to anything booked pre-cruise nor for any other nights.

That said, you may or may not get someone to let you use them for another night but many people have said RC has become pretty strict about the night 1 and 2 part. I would address this tonight if I were you.

Enjoy your cruise on my favorite ship!

• Like 2

When we were on the Anthem in February, they were pretty strict about using the BOGO on nights 1 and 2.  We did Chops the first night and Jamie's the second night.

I would have preferred later in the week as the menu's the first two nights are usually pretty good.

• Like 1

DW and i always book as soon as we board but have never been denied booking for 2 different nights during the time we a re onboard.  We always said minimum 7 nights. There is always at least one night we wouldn’t enjoy the MDR evening so we make plans for that night and then book a bogo for a late lunch on a different night 

7 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Ah that makes sense, so we would have to do a dinner tonight on night 1 and then another one night two to make it work? 

You can just book one dinner (for either night 1 or 2) and pay for one of you and the other will eat for free. If you want to take full advantage and use both BOGO's, then yes, you would likely have to eat both tonight and tomorrow night... unless whomever you deal with is willing to be flexible. You can certainly ask for nights 2 and 5. The worst that can happen is they tell you it must be night 1 and 2.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You can just book one dinner (for either night 1 or 2) and pay for one of you and the other will eat for free. If you want to take full advantage and use both BOGO's, then yes, you would likely have to eat both tonight and tomorrow night... unless whomever you deal with is willing to be flexible. You can certainly ask for nights 2 and 5. The worst that can happen is they tell you it must be night 1 and 2.

I think maybe we'll do that. Just book 150 central for night 2 and basically pay for 1 of us. That would work, right? 

31 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

I think maybe we'll do that. Just book 150 central for night 2 and basically pay for 1 of us. That would work, right? 

Yes.

51 minutes ago, coachmike1959 said:

DW and i always book as soon as we board but have never been denied booking for 2 different nights during the time we a re onboard.  We always said minimum 7 nights. There is always at least one night we wouldn’t enjoy the MDR evening so we make plans for that night and then book a bogo for a late lunch on a different night 

Good for you but be prepared that sometimes this isnt allowed, depends on the ship.

Allure did not allow other nights,  but harmony allowed a 2nd later in the week night.just because you got lucky doesnt mean the op will. 

Allure allowed izumi sushi, but harmony did not. Varies. All you can do is ask.,

2 hours ago, colesc15 said:

Ah that makes sense, so we would have to do a dinner tonight on night 1 and then another one night two to make it work? 

We have never had a problem booking for later in the week, BUT we do book both nights and pay for both nights as soon as we board. Now that  ships are sailing at 110%+ the rules may be more stringent. Don't wait until after dinner to let they know you want to use the BOGO, make your reservations for both nights today, tell the host you are using the BOGO and pre pay.

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Good for you but be prepared that sometimes this isnt allowed, depends on the ship.

Allure did not allow other nights,  but harmony allowed a 2nd later in the week night.just because you got lucky doesnt mean the op will. 

Allure allowed izumi sushi, but harmony did not. Varies. All you can do is ask.,

I use the BOGO every cruise. My experience has been similar to what you described. On some cruises they strictly enforce the first two days rule, on other cruises they are more flexible. From my experience they are more flexible when the speciality restaurant(s) isn’t very crowded and/or if you are flexible with what time you eat.  

• Like 4

I'm just going to use the bogo on one dinner tonight I think. I'm guessing when the waiter is asking about the check, that's when I tell him we want to use our diamond plus bogo? 

2 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

I'm just going to use the bogo on one dinner tonight I think. I'm guessing when the waiter is asking about the check, that's when I tell him we want to use our diamond plus bogo? 

We have always booked it that way, right when we board.  I have never just booked it and told them later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, colesc15 said:

You should let the person you make the reservation with know that you want to use your BOGO perk. At the very least, let the waiter know at the start of the meal, not the end. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, colesc15 said:

They may cancel your reservation and charge you the on board price for guest 1.  The bogo is intended for on board use at on board prices

• Like 4

7 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I use the BOGO every cruise. My experience has been similar to what you described. On some cruises they strictly enforce the first two days rule, on other cruises they are more flexible. From my experience they are more flexible when the speciality restaurant(s) isn’t very crowded and/or if you are flexible with what time you eat.  

Same for us.  Sometimes they allow you to use the BOGO on nights other than 1 and/or 2 and sometimes they don't.  Since we almost always use our BOGO in conjunction with a 3 night package (at least we used to....now that the prices on the 3 night have gone into outer space, we will be utilizing the package much less) then we can be flexible.  I absolutely hate the welcome aboard menu so I will almost always use one of the BOGO on night 1 but the second one is always a "floater".

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I absolutely hate the welcome aboard menu so I will almost always use one of the BOGO on night 1

I can eat anything and don’t love the MDR in general but night one is one of my picky wife’s grilled chicken nights (b/c she won't eat anything else) and I won’t be stuffed yet so we’re likely going that route as well. Just turned D+ and looking forward the added perks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Same for us.  Sometimes they allow you to use the BOGO on nights other than 1 and/or 2 and sometimes they don't.  Since we almost always use our BOGO in conjunction with a 3 night package (at least we used to....now that the prices on the 3 night have gone into outer space, we will be utilizing the package much less) then we can be flexible.  I absolutely hate the welcome aboard menu so I will almost always use one of the BOGO on night 1 but the second one is always a "floater".

I don’t hate any of the MDR menus, but the Italian menu is by far my least favorite. We usually eat in a speciality restaurant that night, with or without using the BOGO perk. 

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I can eat anything and don’t love the MDR in general but night one is one of my picky wife’s grilled chicken nights (b/c she won't eat anything else) and I won’t be stuffed yet so we’re likely going that route as well. Just turned D+ and looking forward the added perks.

I'm glad your wife has found the grilled chicken to be good.  I've tried it twice - both times the chicken "crunched" it was so fibrous.  That was it.  Never again.  I normally like prime rib but again, my previous experience with the night 1 prime rib has been....bad.  Nope. So it's just easier to write that night off...which is a shame b/c we always get a specialty lunch on boarding day and 2 specialty meals in 1 day is a lot of food for us.  But it is what it is...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t hate any of the MDR menus, but the Italian menu is by far my least favorite. We usually eat in a speciality restaurant that night, with or without using the BOGO perk. 

That's so funny b/c I actually like the chicken parm on that menu.  Now....I am as far from an Italian food connoisseur as they come so it doesn't take much to make me happy.  I guess it's a good thing that everyone likes something different otherwise the world would be a boring place !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

On our recent cruise, some restaurants (like Hooked) did not honor the BOGO even on night 1 or 2.  

I also had this issue with wonderland. I said if it's not excluded how can you say it's not included.

I've just gotten tired of the hassle, not worth it for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colesc15 said:

We usually tell them when we make the reservation.  That way, no mix up. 

Enjoy the dinner.

M