Wine Bottle Size

astro57

I received our cruise documents, they say I can bring two bottles of wine but do not specify the size, other cruise lines are quite clear about the size.  Has anyone brought the 1.5 litre bottles on with them?  If so , how did it play out?  Seems like Celebrity is the only one that doesn't specify bottle size.

Thanks for the responses. Yes, one bottle per person, two people in my cabin.  I still can't find anything about 750 ml on the Celebrity Canadian site, my cruise document doesn't specify, nor does the contract, nor does the faq. In reality we shouldn't be required to look any further. I will probably try it, with a cheap bottle of wine. I think I know what to expect. It might be entertaining if nothing else.  This was just a curiosity, I have a habit of reading my documents. I also have a drink package.

41 minutes ago, astro57 said:

Thanks for the responses. Yes, one bottle per person, two people in my cabin.  I still can't find anything about 750 ml on the Celebrity Canadian site, my cruise document doesn't specify, nor does the contract, nor does the faq. In reality we shouldn't be required to look any further. I will probably try it, with a cheap bottle of wine. I think I know what to expect. It might be entertaining if nothing else.  This was just a curiosity, I have a habit of reading my documents. I also have a drink package.

If you don’t have a size limit, bring a couple of Nebuchadnezzar’s.

Melchoir-18-litre-bottle-of-wine.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

If you don’t have a size limit, bring a couple of Nebuchadnezzar’s.

Melchoir-18-litre-bottle-of-wine.jpg

Perfect! I don't see the cruise line having an issue.  I was thinking white wine, I will have to confirm the size of the bar fridge.

I brought a box of wine onboard (yes, there are some outstanding boxed wines!) and there was no problem whatsoever, no question, no comment, no notice of it, nada.  Honestly, the folks who are screening your bags, as I mentioned in another thread, are most concerned that you're not bringing your weapons or hibachi grills onto the ship.  Tasking them with being the wine police is "a lot" and I am pretty sure there is some unofficial flex here - depending upon the individual screener.  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, astro57 said:

Just FYI - from the Celebrity FAQ's under Alcohol Policy (from the US website):

Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when each guest (of legal drinking age) is permitted to bring onboard one (1) 750 ml bottle of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per guest. A corkage fee does not apply to guests with the Classic Beverage Package or Premium Beverage Package. Security may inspect containers (including water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, canteens, etc.) at any time and will dispose of alcohol concealed in such containers. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased from onboard shops or in ports of call (which must be presented to security upon re-boarding), will be secured by ship's personnel. Alcohol secured by ship's personnel will be returned to guests just prior to the conclusion of their cruise vacation.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1