Help me spend my non-refundable Shareholder OBC

Currently cruising on Prima and had pre-paid for specialty dining, excursions and internet before deciding to buy shares in early March. Was hoping to use the shareholder OBC on a Vibe pass but none were available on embarkation day.  Bought some Cruise Next certificates but guess it doesn't get applied to those.  Filled up a bag with laundry and sucked down some Frappuccinos but still have over $50 left.  Other than Food Republic or the stuff in the shops, what can I spend it on?  I'm doing a B2B but it's a separate reservation so I'm assuming it's only good for the first leg, correct?

Spa, sushi, perfume, top shelf liquor, Bingo, wine/liquor tastings?

Also, unless it’s changed, if you’re on a B2B they will consolidate the bills so you may not have to spend it all this week. I assume you have another $100 to spend next week.  😃

Posted (edited)

Is there truly nothing in "the shops" you could use for $50? The list of liquor alone would give me no problem whatsoever.

Edited by IAcruising

1 hour ago, KarenRB said:

I'm doing a B2B but it's a separate reservation so I'm assuming it's only good for the first leg, correct?

Since you are onboard now, ask whether or not they will carry it over for you. They might be able to do that.

We're travelling with Mrs. IA's sister and husband for 21-days with $250 OBC each. He asked me what he could possibly spend all that money on? (we have all our specialty dining, drink package, excursions, and gratuities prepaid)

I just laughed and told him we'll revisit this discussion at the end of the 1st week. 😆

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

I am also wondering if the OBC from the stocks can be used toward a purchase of 2 CN certs? Thx

maybe, maybe not. My guess is that it depends on the ship, they seem to have different accounting systems so sometimes it works, most times it does not.

Just now, julig22 said:

maybe, maybe not. My guess is that it depends on the ship, they seem to have different accounting systems so sometimes it works, most times it does not.

Interesting, cruising soon on the Encore, thx

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tokidoki said:

I am also wondering if the OBC from the stocks can be used toward a purchase of 2 CN certs? Thx

The only non refundable OBC that can be used for cruise next is the one you get from the purchase of the certificates.

This changed a few years ago (previously all OBC could be used). I can’t comment on whether the systems may still allow certain types to be used, but officially the answer is no.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

We use it on bringing home some bottles from the ship store.  And I sometimes order a cappuccino in the MDR when my husband and/or adult children talk me into it as I have an issue having to pay around $6 for it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

For your next leg of trip cancel internet now. Buy again next week on second day of cruise - not only cheaper then, but ideal way to use OBC. I never buy internet package pre-cruise anymore, since I learned that on the second or third day its considerably cheaper. It will show up as refundable OBC (not returned to credit card) and you can pick up the cash at customer service.

I order cagney's filets in main dining room to use OBC if i have any extra.

Edited by herbanrenewal
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Russiamomm said:

Also, unless it’s changed, if you’re on a B2B they will consolidate the bills so you may not have to spend it all this week. I assume you have another $100 to spend next week.  😃

Just asked and they will roll over to the next leg.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Russiamomm said:

I may be mistaken but can you use OBC for bingo? I thought that was considered gambling? I don’t think you can use it for that?

10 hours ago, IAcruising said:

Is there truly nothing in "the shops" you could use for $50? The list of liquor alone would give me no problem whatsoever.

Don't want to schlep liquor home.  I like the Starbucks gift cards idea.  Now that I know I can roll over to the next leg, another trip to Onda is in my future.

• Like 1