taxi fare - FLL to hotel?

we arrive approx. 3pm this Friday.

just wondering what approx. cab fare might be from FLL airport to our hotel,Hyatt Place CruiseConvention ,1851 10th Street. The taxi fare calculator sites say around $15.

Is that about right? 🤓

29 minutes ago, jargey3000 said:

just wondering what approx. cab fare might be from FLL airport to our hotel,Hyatt Place CruiseConvention ,1851 10th Street. The taxi fare calculator sites say around $15.

Is that about right? 🤓

That's pretty close, though the final tally will depend on what you decide to tip. We usually  end up paying around $20 all in. One important note re taxis, there are plenty of posts here on CC about taxis in Fort Lauderdale (airport and cruise port) who try to gouge passengers by not using the meter and try to scam you with a flat rate, so make sure that when you board the taxi, you ensure they start the meter running.

• Like 1

They sometimes start with extra fees and then start the meter.  Or, tell you there’s extra fees they have to add because of the airport.  Very inflated.  We don’t use taxis there anymore after they tried to scam us.

We use the hotel shuttle, if there is one, or Lyft/Uber.  At least we know the price ahead of time with them.  

Sad that Broward County allows this to happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jargey3000 said:

Is that about right? 🤓

Glad to see you got a hotel!  Have a great cruise.

48 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Broward County fare info:

IMG_20240402_082209.jpg

Thanks for posting.  You could screenshot this, but could still be an argument, that I would not want.  

I really hope people report taxi’s that try to rip people off.  

The hotel has a private company doing airport pick ups. It is called Avanti Shuttle. It is $8 p.p. I was quoted $16 for 2. Might be less P.P. for more than 2 , as I am not sure, you can call any time for a quote. 1-954-655-1376. She said once you have your luggage, call the # and it will be 10-12 min for the driver to show up. Usually he is sitting at the hotel waiting to take passengers to the airport. We have always used them and are very professional. Used a cab once 2 years ago and he tried to charge me $50 from the port to Hyatt Place, less than 1 mile. I grabed my luggage and tossed him a $20 and walked into the hotel.