Interesting Info on the Future Cruise Package

sns1

I just got ANOTHER phone call regarding the Princess Future Cruise Package.  I was not happy and told the caller that I have said multiple times that I do not want this package and I do not want to be called about it again.  I instructed the caller that I wanted to be on "do not call" for this.  She was very nice and said that if she puts me on the "do not call" that it will include ALL specials and promotions. She did understand why I was angry and said in the future just ask quickly if this is for the Future Cruise Package.  The phone call will end when I say I'm not interested.  I just wish it wasn't all or nothing.

37 minutes ago, sns1 said:

I just got ANOTHER phone call regarding the Princess Future Cruise Package.  I was not happy and told the caller that I have said multiple times that I do not want this package and I do not want to be called about it again.  I instructed the caller that I wanted to be on "do not call" for this.  She was very nice and said that if she puts me on the "do not call" that it will include ALL specials and promotions. She did understand why I was angry and said in the future just ask quickly if this is for the Future Cruise Package.  The phone call will end when I say I'm not interested.  I just wish it wasn't all or nothing.

Are you really this gullible?  Princess doesn't make cold calls for specials and promos.  You'll get an email or sometimes something in the mail, but there won't be any cold calls.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Are you really this gullible?  Princess doesn't make cold calls for specials and promos.  You'll get an email or sometimes something in the mail, but there won't be any cold calls.

Yes the only cold call I ever got was from these bozos. If something comes up that my CVP knows I would be interested in she contacts me directly 

• Like 1

I have gotten numerous calls to upgrade packages. I unsubscribed for promos and also informed customer relations to have a PVP stop contacting me. 

54 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

My CVP will call when new bookings for regions open up, but that's the only call I get from Princess. I must say, I used to get at.least one mailing a week from Princess, but haven't had one for about a year.

2 hours ago, SCX22 said:

Princess doesn't make cold calls for specials and promos.  You'll get an email or sometimes something in the mail, but there won't be any cold calls.

Well, sometimes they do. It depends on what you selected in your profile.

princess.png.3e5c1296869ddcd7c822cd444aa9dc60.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SCX22 said:

I get cold called by Princess about 3-4 times a year. Each time, a different Vacation Planner. I have used the same Travel Agent for a decade - and they're not through Princess.

Easily, 3-4 times a year, then a follow up email - and i do not have the "yes" checked for info in future products, etc.  (as shown in post above).

Go figure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But these cold calls aren't for promos or sales.  It's just a check up call from the CVP to introduce themselves.  Princess doesn't call for promos or sales.  That ended a long time ago.

40 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

Well, sometimes they do. It depends on what you selected in your profile.

15 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

I get cold called by Princess about 3-4 times a year. Each time, a different Vacation Planner. I have used the same Travel Agent for a decade - and they're not through Princess.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SCX22 said:

But these cold calls aren't for promos or sales.  It's just a check up call from the CVP to introduce themselves.  Princess doesn't call for promos or sales.  That ended a long time ago.

No it did not end for me. I recently dealt with this issue.

No, not all calls are coming from CVP.

15 hours ago, cjpj said:

My CVP will call when new bookings for regions open up, but that's the only call I get from Princess. I must say, I used to get at.least one mailing a week from Princess, but haven't had one for about a year.

Well, apparently they have diverted *your* mailings to me! 😄

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well, apparently they have diverted *your* mailings to me! 😄

Only got one call last week and one email to upgrade drinks his week.  An improvement!

Princess never calls me for anything.  I get emails about promos.  Nothing else. My TA handles things and provides cabins in their group block that on my upcoming cruise was $500 less than the rate through my CVP.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SCX22 said:

Guess many of us are this gullible because Princess is cold calling, or at least the group they are partnered with for the Princess Future Cruise Package. Been reported on here numerous times. It's from a 661 area code and says Santa Clarita.  And it's extremely annoying how they make it seem like they are calling from Princess and know all about your Princess cruise history.  Heck, last time they called it was right after my Sky sailing and they discussed that before going into the sales talk. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2024 at 5:01 PM, sns1 said:

I don’t use a CVP, but had one calling me frequently.

I contacted Customer Relations and asked that she stop it.  They sent my request to the CVP management who contacted me & I blocked her calls & email. 
If you continue to be bothered you might try this.

(Knocking on wood real hard) never been contacted by any of them yet. (I know I just jinxed myself) I did get a call last week from my CVP, just calling to see if I was OK and if I had any questions. Last CVP I had never called even after I called to try to schedule a cruise 🤣

On 4/3/2024 at 5:40 PM, SCX22 said:

Princes Promotions does do cold calls. Many of us have gotten them.  
Gullible has nothing to do with it.

• Thanks 1

I think it depends who you are.   The last time I was on Princess I bought the drinks package, two very expensive excursions and ate at a couple of speciality restaurants.   It was a Christmas cruise and not cheap plus I paid double for my cabin as a solo traveller.  I even gambled a bit.  They contacted me a lot in many different ways for at least a year after.   They wanted me back.   

If you travel on a cruise and don't spend any money on board I doubt they will be so enthusiastic about getting you back.  

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 11:54 AM, dog said:

Also, the last call I got showed Santa Clarita on my phone but voicemail asked me to reply to Princess London UK.

Some of the CVPs are located in the UK. But their US headquarters is in Santa Clarita. 🤷‍♂️

41 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

Some of the CVPs are located in the UK. But their US headquarters is in Santa Clarita. 🤷‍♂️

The call was not a CVP.

I think it was Promotions as voicemail mentioned my booking.

17 hours ago, Eric from San Diego said:

I think it depends who you are.   The last time I was on Princess I bought the drinks package, two very expensive excursions and ate at a couple of speciality restaurants.   It was a Christmas cruise and not cheap plus I paid double for my cabin as a solo traveller.  I even gambled a bit.  They contacted me a lot in many different ways for at least a year after.   They wanted me back.   

If you travel on a cruise and don't spend any money on board I doubt they will be so enthusiastic about getting you back.  

Last cruise we did was a B2B with no packages. Got the cabin which was an accessible balcony cabin for the price of an interior cabin. We also cruise usually only every other year so it's not like we cruise a whole bunch. But this CVP was assigned to us by Jan Swartz so he really seems to take care of us.