When do they send upgrade offers?

3 minutes ago, the admiral12 said:

I am trying to upgrade my adult children's cabin on a cruise in May. When do they typically send out offers and is there anything I can do to solicit one from them?

If you are asking about Royal Up, I got an email to bid on cabins for my May cruise, 90 days prior to sailing. 

You can upgrade their cabin anytime you want if there are cabins available by just calling and paying the difference in fare.

Thanks for the responses, I am 6 weeks out and there are no cabins for sale on the site so I am hoping to get an upgrade offer.

I went to the Royal Up page and it says "Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days" but other posters are saying they got them much earlier.   Any ideas?

14 minutes ago, the admiral12 said:

Thanks for the responses, I am 6 weeks out and there are no cabins for sale on the site so I am hoping to get an upgrade offer.

I went to the Royal Up page and it says "Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days" but other posters are saying they got them much earlier.   Any ideas?

Some TA'S, like our big box TA, does not have the option for a Royal Up offer. 

14 minutes ago, the admiral12 said:

Any ideas?

Did you happen to book through a large big box retailer? Some sites/stores with travel offers do not participate in RoyalUp.

59 minutes ago, the admiral12 said:

Keep trying the RU page....and you should also get an email.

Agree with the "big box" response's above.

6 hours ago, the admiral12 said:

If there are no longer cabins available for sale, the ship is likely sold out. If this is the case the chances of upgrading thru Royal Up are very slim, although passengers occasionally cancel cruises last minute for many reasons. 

I never got an email for our upcoming cruise.  It's just on my reservation in both the app and online.  It showed online before it showed in the app. 
Did you look at the reservation online? 

RoyalUp appeared on my reservation page 75 days prior to sailing.  I never received any other notifications.

Whether or not there are cabins still for sale should not affect whether or not you get an offer.  They regularly take bids on sold out cabins.  Booking via a travel agent that does not participate in the program is the most likely reason you wouldn't see it.

Posted (edited)

I'm on an Oasis cruise in May. Some people on our sailing received an invite to bid around 90 days out. I got one around 40 days out. Someone else hasn't received one at all and there's no difference in how we booked (both in the UK, both direct with RC). Seems random. Or maybe they send offers to those who they are keen to move out of a certain cabin grade.

We are 32 days out and nobody (on the FB group) has had an offer accepted.

Edited by SquishTheWhale