Twin Bed Configuration on Grandeur

I have looked for photos but thus far have come up empty on my quest to see a twin bed configuration in a Concierge Suite on the Grandeur.

I am mostly looking to see if there are plugs available on either side of both beds. 

Any one who can advise and/or provide photos will earn hero status for the day. 

Thank you!

Interesting question.  We were on Grandeur in an F-2 Superior suite in Jan.  Seems the only way to split the bed is to move each bed to the sidewall and put the night stands side by side in between. But that would put the plugs away from the night stands (they are low on the wall as I remember.  Not sure if they have sockets in between the beds, but I wouldn't expect it.  Sorry it doesn't help.

Posted (edited)

The plugs (and light switches) are on both outside walls of the niche, above the nightstand/mattress level. Superior Suite, F1, last December on Grandeur. I don't know about between the beds, but good design would dictate that there should be. I can check on Wednesday!

Edited by GMIAC
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Was on Grandeur in January. Had beds split into twins. Only outlets/usb are on the side walls (both sides). None in the middle. Sorry did not take photos. 

Which category?

8 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

E Concierge suite. All Concierge and Superior suites would be the same. 

It has nothing to do with your post but I love to see a person who has traveled on many different cruise lines...it gives you a wider range of experience and I have found it to be extremely enlightening. I do the same.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Was on Grandeur in January. Had beds split into twins. Only outlets/usb are on the side walls (both sides). None in the middle. Sorry did not take photos. 

Were the outlets accessible on both sides?

18 minutes ago, jeb_bud said:

Were the outlets accessible on both sides?

The outlets and light switches are above the level of the mattress and nightstand, so they would be accessible. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, oceanviewer21 said:

May I ask if the usb outlets on the Grandeur are the old A type or the new C type? Not sure which cables to bring.

Currently in a PH suite on Grandeur and there is one of each on the side of the bed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oceanviewer21 said:

May I ask if the usb outlets on the Grandeur are the old A type or the new C type? Not sure which cables to bring.

I would plan to bring USB converters. Think the ships only recently( maybe the last year) started adding USB-C outlets. 

7 hours ago, oceanviewer21 said:

As I don’t have any devices with type c cords I did not pay particular attention. I do remember type a on both sides however

9 hours ago, oceanviewer21 said:

Both.  

IMG_9934.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, oceanviewer21 said:

FYI, I just bought my wife and I some multi-purpose cables that have the standard micro USB/Lightning/USB-C on one end and a USB-C and USB-A adapter on the other end.  They'll cover about 95% of our charging needs...definitely make life easier.

• Like 2

In a concierge suite on the Grandeur, the outlets are as pictured in the post above (with one each USB A and C ports) will be on either side of the bed. When the beds are in the twin configuration, the bed nearest the wall will have the nightstand against the wall and for the bed near the entrance, the night table will be between the two beds.

Each bed will have easy access to the outlets, ports and and light switches. The nightstand adjacent to the wall will have a mobile phone plugged into the USB A port - we just unplugged the phone (there is another phone on the desk, although it is not mobile) whenever one needed to use the USB port on that side.

We had lots of electronics with us and never had any problems - plenty of outlets, however, we did use adapters for charging our ipads instead of plugging directly into the USB ports.

There are no USB ports at the desk.

However, there is one major design flaw - The night stands have one small drawer and a small shelf on the bottom with an open back - the European style outlets are located on the wall near the bottom shelf and if the beds are separated, requires some gymnastic maneuvers due to the limited space.

• Like 1