Just booked the Utopia for next year

48 minutes ago, john91498 said:

Super excited to try out the new ship 🙂

We are too! DH and I will be on Utopia in February, 2025. If you go to the roll calls section, maybe you'll see your cruise date listed to chat with some of your cruise mates, or start your own roll call! Here is the link to the Utopia roll calls.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/2650-utopia-of-the-seas-roll-calls/

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

Not sure if I am supposed to reply to this thread, but we have Utopia booked in September and October this year. Always look forward to cruising on a new ship. It helps knowing I won’t be let down by certain areas of the ship like when we were on Icon. Oasis class ships are still my favorite. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2024 at 11:40 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

like when we were on Icon.

OK now tell us what the let down was, we're going in September.  We've heard nothing but good since she began cruising.  Everyone seems to love ICON

Edited by BecciBoo

16 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

OK now tell us what the let down was, we're going in September.  We've heard nothing but good since she began cruising.  Everyone seems to love ICON

I'd be curious too... We just had friends get back from a multi generational family cruise and all of them came back raving about the ship and service. 

3 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

One of my favorite areas on current RCI ships is the Solarium. We enjoy spending time without kids around in a more relaxed atmosphere. There is no Solarium on Icon. The “adult” pool (Hideaway) on Icon was more of a party atmosphere with loud music there daily during our cruise (2/3 - 2/10). It is also located next to the miniature golf course, waterpark and flowrider, so it is in a loud area even without the music. I am also a big fan of the boardwalk area on Oasis class ship, which doesn’t exist on Icon. That area is now Surfside. We enjoyed Icon but the ship is definitely geared towards younger families with kids, not people like us in our late 50s. Having said that, we both loved the waterpark and the 1400 Lobby Bar is now probably my favorite bar on any RCI ship.