Blanton’s bourbon

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, NCsonny said:

Buffalo Trace was also available at most bars around the Sunshine and for my tastes, BT makes a better old fashioned than Woodford and the EH Taylor mentioned earlier.

Good to know! Thoughts on Bulleit Bourbon?

Edited by ninjacat123

11 hours ago, NCsonny said:

Buffalo Trace was also available at most bars around the Sunshine and for my tastes, BT makes a better old fashioned than Woodford and the EH Taylor mentioned earlier.

As we know, taste is subjective. Personally, I wouldn't give you $5 for BT but that's just me. It's nice to have choices.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pyrate13 said:

As we know, taste is subjective. Personally, I wouldn't give you $5 for BT but that's just me. It's nice to have choices.

Agreed.  We just got into bourbon recently and looked long and far to even find a bottle.  Then we wondered why we tried so hard.  It's certainly not Eagle Rare.

That's why I am unsure about Blaton's.  because my understanding is it's just the upgraded Buffalo Trace.

36 minutes ago, skywalkr2 said:

Agreed.  We just got into bourbon recently and looked long and far to even find a bottle.  Then we wondered why we tried so hard.  It's certainly not Eagle Rare.

That's why I am unsure about Blaton's.  because my understanding is it's just the upgraded Buffalo Trace.

As I said, it's about individual tastes. I enjoy Blanton's but I think even Jim Beam is an upgrade over BT.🤪😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/16/2024 at 9:35 AM, ninjacat123 said:

What's the difference between Blanton's and my current fav Woodford Reserve?  Smokier? Just curious on what you all think.  Yes, I will try it on my next cruise in September😉

I love Woodford, I hate to admit my uncle and I have a shot or 2 of it every evening. 

I may be the crazy one here, but I was not a fan of Blanton's at all when I tried it last week. I tried it neat, over ice, and in an Old Fashion. I will stick with my Woodford, Eagle Rare, Angel's, or even Buffalo Trace. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pyrate13 said:

Not a fan either. I find Woodford better than BT, but I'd take Blanton's over both of them.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2024 at 9:35 AM, ninjacat123 said:

What's the difference between Blanton's and my current fav Woodford Reserve?  Smokier? Just curious on what you all think.  Yes, I will try it on my next cruise in September😉

As much as I like Blanton's, there's an increased interest over it because it is hard to find. People wouldn't care as much if you could get it anywhere.

At the same time, I feel blanton's old fashioneds are a sin. It should be enjoyed straight. 

• Like 4

On 4/16/2024 at 7:26 PM, JLewinFL said:

I'm on Mardi Gras in June. Hope more than just pig and anchor have it

We are on the Celebration right now and Pig and Anchor and the Steakhouse bar are the only ones with Blantons. They go through a lot of bottles!!

• Like 1

I'll be on a Med cruise on Legend in September with the Cheers package.  I usually drink Bourbon on the rocks.  Hopefully there will be Bulleit, Woodford, Basil Hayden or Blanton.  I'll drink BT or Makers if nothing else is available..Not a fan of Jim Beam.  I used to be happy with Jack D. 

PS:  I just learned in 2021 Basil Hayden changed their brand name from Basil Hayden's. I thought I noticed the change on labels but never checked online until now..