Pier 80, San Francisco - Parking and experience

11 minutes ago, sfpd3000 said:

Of course it’s a mess at Pier 27 too.

I guess the one saving grace is that I will only be 'visiting' and won't have to deal with the embarkation/debarkation aspect.

Ruby Princess will be there that day as well on her turnaround day. I cruised her way back in 2012, so it'll be kind of nice seeing her again from our top decks. She leaves at 5pm, and I'll have to try and make sure I'm somewhere where I can take pictures of her leaving. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2024 at 3:17 PM, CruiserBruce said:

If the cruise doesn't end at HNL, unlikely the inspections will be done there. But Immigration (what you really need to worry about)and Customs might (almost non-existant process for cruisers any more). 

Interesting they are using Pier 80. First choice is the regular terminal at Pier 27. Second choice is typically Pier 35, the old cruise terminal. There is at least facilities there. Pier 30-32 is the next choice...used occasionally,  but no facilities. Pier 80 is a new one. It sounds like you will be here in Spring, so the biggest event of the year, Flight Week, is not the cause of this.

Bruce you seem to know a lot of where Princess docks in SF . We booked a May 4 ,2025 R/T on  Ruby Princess  .We are driving up from  the San diego area with stops along the way . My problem is some secure reasonable parking for the 11 days cruise . Are are willing  to book a hotel that has a shuttle or a parking structure that is reasonable . What would you recommend . Thanks in advance . 

Cliff 

PS I asked this question on the Princess General Board  & I assume the Ruby is leaving from pier 27 

5 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Bruce you seem to know a lot of where Princess docks in SF . We booked a May 4 ,2025 R/T on  Ruby Princess  .We are driving up from  the San diego area with stops along the way . My problem is some secure reasonable parking for the 11 days cruise . Are are willing  to book a hotel that has a shuttle or a parking structure that is reasonable . What would you recommend . Thanks in advance . 

Cliff 

PS I asked this question on the Princess General Board  & I assume the Ruby is leaving from pier 27 

Search around on this board. There are a couple threads on parking in the area of Pier 27. Hotel parking (long term) seems very limited, but there a couple of lots mentioned.

The times we have sailed out of SF, we have not parked near the pier. 

Start with this: