Pump Hand Soap In Cabin?

I don’t enjoy messy gooey bar of hand soap and pack a pump soap of some kind for travel if needed.  Will I need one or do that have a pump on Edge?  I saw a walkthrough video on YouTube and there was a pump but I don’t want to assume as it could be lotion.   

13 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

I don’t enjoy messy gooey bar of hand soap and pack a pump soap of some kind for travel if needed.  Will I need one or do that have a pump on Edge?  I saw a walkthrough video on YouTube and there was a pump but I don’t want to assume as it could be lotion.   

In the shower, there is a pump of body wash (shower gel).   You also get a bar of soap as well.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

You will need to bring your own . None of the Celebrity ships have liquid hand soap for the cabin bathrooms at the lavatory sink. It's always bar soap. I suppose you could ask your attendant for an extra bottle of body wash as a substitute,but you're not assured they would be able to accommodate you.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We took the body wash pump out of the shower and left it on the sink for handwashing during the day. Popped it back in the shower when needed. We’re not great fans of bars of soap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

I saw a walkthrough video on YouTube and there was a pump but I don’t want to assume as it could be lotion.   

Yes the bottle you see on the lavatory is for body lotion.

• Thanks 1

Yes, best to take your own. If taking only carry on, find a Dollar Tree near port to get Soft soap and hand sanitizer plus any other toiletries you didn’t want to drag on your bag.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Thank you.  I will pack a small one when we go on our cruise.

I do the same  - only  $1.00 at Walmart - even has an ocean scene on bottle!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CardowMD said:

Yes, best to take your own. If taking only carry on, find a Dollar Tree near port to get Soft soap and hand sanitizer plus any other toiletries you didn’t want to drag on your bag.

I don’t think dollar tree is worldwide. Since we don’t know where the OP is Cruising, this advice may not be worthwhile.

Every town and city around the world has a market and you can usually secure these items…of course more than a $, but have purchased in Italy, France, Greece, UK, plan to purchase in Istanbul for upcoming cruise.

if only traveling with carryon, decant some into 100ml travel size squirt bottle that passes through security. I usually have this in addition, in case my check thru delayed.

13 hours ago, Boatharbour said:

We took the body wash pump out of the shower and left it on the sink for handwashing during the day. Popped it back in the shower when needed. We’re not great fans of bars of soap.

In many, if not all of the state rooms, those bottles are firmly attached to the wall. Ask your state room attendant for a second bottle of body wash to leave at the sink.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kwokpot said:

You will need to bring your own . None of the Celebrity ships have liquid hand soap for the cabin bathrooms at the lavatory sink. It's always bar soap. I suppose you could ask your attendant for an extra bottle of body wash as a substitute,but you're not assured they would be able to accommodate you.

On the Celebrity ships that have a shower gel pump bottle locked up in the shower I just ask the Stateroom attendant for a separate one by the sink. I don’t care for the slimy bar soap either.

i am on Eclipse now and the one in the shower is Not in a cage so I just moved it out by the sink.

8 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

In many, if not all of the state rooms, those bottles are firmly attached to the wall. Ask your state room attendant for a second bottle of body wash to leave at the sink.

We were in a sunset sky suite on Edge two weeks ago. The three bottles in the shower/bath recess were sitting in a plastic tray and not attached to the wall. 

Soap drama!  Now I have a mystery.  The package of soap was delivered in the afternoon and was on the front porch a couple hours before I decided to go fetch.  Heard some scrabbling noises in the meantime but didn't think much of it.  (No, I don’t have a door camera.)

The package was torn open and the box had a round puncture from a tooth.  The box was OK otherwise. No marks on the soap.  Apparently some varmint thought the soap smells yummy.  (It has a nice herbal scent.  I really like it.)  Wonder what the critter was… Glad I didn’t open the door to check out the noise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, raudacruise said:

Soap drama!  Now I have a mystery.  The package of soap was delivered in the afternoon and was on the front porch a couple hours before I decided to go fetch.  Heard some scrabbling noises in the meantime but didn't think much of it.  (No, I don’t have a door camera.)

The package was torn open and the box had a round puncture from a tooth.  The box was OK otherwise. No marks on the soap.  Apparently some varmint thought the soap smells yummy.  (It has a nice herbal scent.  I really like it.)  Wonder what the critter was… Glad I didn’t open the door to check out the noise.

Glad you like the fragrance. Unfortunately I got reprimanded here on Cruise Critic for posting a link to that product. I've been a member here for 23 years and while I know you can't advertise travel agents or other cruise related businesses when did it become a violation of the forum rules to post links for non-cruise related products? 

I guess there's no accounting for taste. I always take a bar of soap with me as I've encountered times (not necessarily sailing Celebrity) where bar soap was not offered. I can't imagine taking a shower without bar soap .. it would take twice as long. Each to his or her own.

@kwokpotand @raudacruise I am waiting for Amazon to deliver today! Cannot wait to try it’s healing properties on some weird skin irritation I have developed since COVID…thank you for the recommendation but luckily I don’t have to worry about wild animals in my building lobby😊

On 4/19/2024 at 4:27 PM, George C said:

Wife likes pump hand soap so I pack it whenever we travel in hotels or cruise suites etc .never saw any ship offer that not even in penthouse.

MSC has pump hand soap built right into the sink. 

Laura

• Like 1