$2. DEPOSITS COMING TOMORROW

Just got off phone with my PCC booking 3 upcoming cruises.  All required deposits ranging from $250 to $1200.  However he informed me starting tomorrow $2.00 deposits which are non refundable.  Oh well.  He was able to book for me day early and all of my future cruises qualified.

Yay.

Jane

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

1 minute ago, cavecreekguy said:

I just went to HAL website and am seeing "Today only $1 deposit all products."

I did also and several times booking the $1 deposit was a "Bad Request".  We'll see what happens tomorrow.  

I don't like the $2.00 deposit idea at all. What's to stop people with nothing else to do from making numerous "what the hell" bookings, e.g., booking nine or ten cruises for the same time period or destination and waiting until the final payment date to cancel all but one of them? Plenty of sailings will "artificially" sell out, forcing serious customers to either look elsewhere or wait until after the final payment date in hopes that something might open up.

It just seems ill-conceived.

Jim

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, jimdee3636 said:

I don't like the $2.00 deposit idea at all. What's to stop people with nothing else to do from making numerous "what the hell" bookings, e.g., booking nine or ten cruises for the same time period or destination and waiting until the final payment date to cancel all but one of them? Plenty of sailings will "artificially" sell out, forcing serious customers to either look elsewhere or wait until after the final payment date in hopes that something might open up.

It just seems ill-conceived.

Jim

One would think that the cruise line has all of the data from when they have done this in the past. They would know what the booking rate has been during these offer periods as well as the cancellation rate and booking completion rate. The type customers it appeals too and it's contribution to sales objectives.

Apparently with all.of that data they think it is a good idea.

Edited by TRLD
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Low deposits can be nice but price of the cruise is more important. "Bookings" are good for "marketing/media" but there are usually cancellations, even if non refundable $1 or $2 deposits. 

Posted (edited)

I will say that there are two cruises in 2025 and 2026 that we are looking at.  I will be happy to give HAL a non refundable $4 deposit but not the @3000 for a longer cruise.  At the moment a cabin that we would be happy with is not available on these cruises.  I'm willing to give HAL $4 for each of these cruises in hopes a cabin opens up.  We're not making a deposit on cruises we are not hoping to take, but are happy not to loan HAL $$$.  Cherie

Edited by cccole
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jabcruiser said:

Just got off phone with my PCC booking 3 upcoming cruises.  All required deposits ranging from $250 to $1200.  However he informed me starting tomorrow $2.00 deposits which are non refundable.  Oh well.  He was able to book for me day early and all of my future cruises qualified.

Yay.

Jane

Thank you very much. Info like this is just one of the reasons I love CC.

Been looking at a cruise but didn't want to pay $3500 for a deposit. Was able to snag it today for $2.

Thanks again.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Thank you very much. Info like this is just one of the reasons I love CC.

Been looking at a cruise but didn't want to pay $3500 for a deposit. Was able to snag it today for $2.

Thanks again.

🌺The price is higher now with only HIA at $11.00 beverages and surf WiFi and no crew appreciation. I have paid 3,500 deposit but also have HIA $15.00 beverages, Premium WiFi, and crew appreciation with 1,000.00 OBC. $2.00 is great but less in HIA and my signature suite is 2,000.00 more per person! 
Just saying for me booking early with all the perks and saving on our cabin was what we do as well as refundable.

🌺Denise

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺The price is higher now with only HIA at $11.00 beverages and surf WiFi and no crew appreciation. I have paid 3,500 deposit but also have HIA $15.00 beverages, Premium WiFi, and crew appreciation with 1,000.00 OBC. $2.00 is great but less in HIA and my signature suite is 2,000.00 more per person! 
Just saying for me booking early with all the perks and saving on our cabin was what we do as well as refundable.

🌺Denise

I agree...but I got the early booking bonus...prepaid grats and up upgraded HAI. It is still within the early booking bonus window.

Also the AARP OBC.

I don't know if this is refundable - didn't care for $2 lol.

The price is the same since I've been tracking it (for the past month)...it might have been cheaper before that for sure. I'm hoping it drops before final payment.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

I agree...but I got the early booking bonus...prepaid grats and up upgraded HAI. It is still within the early booking bonus window.

Also the AARP OBC.

The price is the same since I've been tracking it (for the past month)...it might have been cheaper before that for sure. I'm hoping it drops before final payment.

We have AARP and MILITARY and MEDICAL OBC, but also had a 400.00 OBC for the Suite. We booked in January and prices now are up big time for this special. I hope they do go down for you! I will watch also! We have a cruise 2025 and in 2026 both booked way out in advance!

Happy Crusing

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

We have AARP and MILITARY and MEDICAL OBC, but also had a 400.00 OBC for the Suite. We booked in January and prices now are up big time for this special. I hope they do go down for you! I will watch also! We have a cruise 2025 and in 2026 both booked way out in advance!

Happy Crusing

So how much less for a Verandah were prices in Jan?

I've found prices fluctuate a lot, and they are often higher during "sales" to make the sale really not a sale, lol.

I generally book through TAs...I'll use different ones for different lines. The price HAL quotes is not at all the price I pay...not even close.

I guess everyone pays something different. You seem happy with your price and that is all that matters 🙂

Edited by alyssamma

1 minute ago, alyssamma said:

So how much less for a Verandah were prices in Jan?

We have a signature suite $9,046.00pp

in January 

I am sorry in regards to verandah I don’t know.

Fingers crossed prices will come down by then

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

We have a signature suite $9,046.00pp

in January 

I am sorry in regards to verandah I don’t know.

Fingers crossed prices will come down by then

Yeah, I got my first quote on 2/2...the price I paid today is the same as it was then. I booked a GTY Verandah then upgraded to VA through CO. I paid a little less than you (all in with CO included), but then again, I'm in a VA and not a suite 🙂

That seems to be a good price for it...congrats!

3 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Yeah, I got my first quote on 2/2...the price I paid today is the same as it was then. I booked a GTY Verandah then upgraded to VA through CO. I paid a little less than you (all in with CO included), but then again, I'm in a VA and not a suite 🙂

That seems to be a good price for it...congrats!

CO is great! You will enjoy especially the MIMOSAS at breakfast👍 The staff get to know you well and always be ready for you when you come. Happy Sailings 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Also the AARP OBC.

My Early Booking bonus was also included on our 2025 sailing with $2 deposit.  AND price was same as with $1200 down!

Jane

• Like 3

Every cruise I want to look at comes up with unavailable or sold out.  I mean EVERY.  I cleared my cashe and changed browsers.  Makes it hard to see what the prices and availability really are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

If you use the $1 deposit deal and take Club Orange at the same time, is the CO fee due at that time and if so is it refundable?

Yes and yes. This is what I did.

48 minutes ago, VermeulT said:

Every cruise I want to look at comes up with unavailable or sold out.  I mean EVERY.  I cleared my cashe and changed browsers.  Makes it hard to see what the prices and availability really are.

I would get on the phone right now if want to make a reservation.  Sounds like something is weird with your searches.  I just found another cruise in 2025 to book and no problem looking at several cruises with prices and cabin availability, etc.

Jane

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

Yes and yes. This is what I did.

For the CO to be refundable - it would have to be booked as a refundable (HIA based) fare though.....  is that correct?

We always book HIA anyway ...just wondering

3 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

For the CO to be refundable - it would have to be booked as a refundable (HIA based) fare though.....  is that correct?

We always book HIA anyway ...just wondering

That is not my understanding...but I always book HAI too, so maybe that is why. I've only had to cancel CO twice and both times it was refunded without problem.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can weigh in...