Post Cruise Airport Transfer question

I've purchased the post cruise airport transfer in Copenhagen, but the check-in portal was not very specific on how this will work, i gave flight information but for only 1 leg and not to the final destination, they didn't want anything else.   

After you leave your bag outside your cabin, at what point do you retrieve it?  Before the bus, at the airport...

Thank you for any insight on how this process works.

• Thanks 1

Most post cruise transfers are simply a coach transporting you from the cruise terminal directly to the airport terminal, so you will collect your bag in the port terminal and go through customs (if present) and place your bags in the coach. At the airport you will take your bags from the coach into the airport terminal for checkin for your flight, where the bags will be tagged to final destination.

• Like 5

Thank you for starting this thread. 😉

I have also wondered about this as we have booked post-transfer from Rotterdam (City) to the airport in Amsterdam (AMS).  However, I do not remember HAL asking the time of our flight.🤔 

We have a flight to Germany leaving at 11:45am on KLM.   Does anyone know the earliest time  that the coach transfer leaves the port for the airport?  Specifically, I'd love to hear from someone that has taken a transfer from Rotterdam to AMS.  Will the coaches drop off at specific terminals?   

27 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Thank you for starting this thread. 😉

I have also wondered about this as we have booked post-transfer from Rotterdam (City) to the airport in Amsterdam (AMS).  However, I do not remember HAL asking the time of our flight.🤔 

We have a flight to Germany leaving at 11:45am on KLM.   Does anyone know the earliest time  that the coach transfer leaves the port for the airport?  Specifically, I'd love to hear from someone that has taken a transfer from Rotterdam to AMS.  Will the coaches drop off at specific terminals?   

I did that transfer pre covid and as far as I remember there were a couple of different departure times dependant on the flight time.

I am boarding Nieuw Statendam on Sunday on a Rotterdam/Rotterdam return trip cruise.  I will check out the timings when onboard and will post them, if you can wait two weeks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

I have also wondered about this as we have booked post-transfer from Rotterdam (City) to the airport in Amsterdam (AMS).  However, I do not remember HAL asking the time of our flight

You supply your flight information during the check in process. There is a place to input both your incoming and return flight information. You'll supply the airlines, flight numbers and times.

When we did the post-cruise airport transfer in Copenhagen in 2017, the bags were collected as usual outside the stateroom the night before. We boarded the bus the next morning and were reunited with our bags at Kastrup Airport. The bags were held in a secure tent, grabbed our bags, and proceeded with a short walk to the terminal.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, POA1 said:

You supply your flight information during the check in process. There is a place to input both your incoming and return flight information. You'll supply the airlines, flight numbers and times.

Thanks for this!  I checked and I had added the flight for departure to Germany.  I also noticed that I was wrong on the flight time.  Our flight leaves at 12:25pm.  That gives us a little more wiggle room. 😉

Heartgrove - I hope that is not the case at AMS.  I would rather claim my bag at the cruise port terminal and make sure it is on our bus.  Staying a few extra days in Germany after the cruise and will need my clothes! 😀

Edited by Iamthesea
  • Like 1

My wife and I took the port transfer from Rotterdam to AMS at the end of the 150th Anniversary cruise last April.  It was a bit confusing in the bus parking lot ... the buses went as they filled.  We were put on the 2nd or 3rd bus, a double-decker pulling a trailer filled with luggage, leaving the port around 9 am.  The bus only made one stop, on the lower driveway directly in front of the Airport Sheraton Hotel.  I think you will be fine with a 12:25 pm departure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mobilemac said:

My wife and I took the port transfer from Rotterdam to AMS at the end of the 150th Anniversary cruise last April.  It was a bit confusing in the bus parking lot ... the buses went as they filled.  We were put on the 2nd or 3rd bus, a double-decker pulling a trailer filled with luggage, leaving the port around 9 am.  The bus only made one stop, on the lower driveway directly in front of the Airport Sheraton Hotel.  I think you will be fine with a 12:25 pm departure. 

Let me amend my answer to add your 12:25 departure is good unless security is too backed up.  You may remember that AMS has a recent history of major problem with long security lines.   

• Like 1

Thank you.  We went through Amsterdam last May.  It wasn't as bad as some years past.  And remember that we will not be traveling back to the U.S. for that flight.  So no International security until we leave Germany a few days later.  However, to be cautious, I am sure that my DH will want to be on the first bus out! 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, mobilemac said:

Let me amend my answer to add your 12:25 departure is good unless security is too backed up.  You may remember that AMS has a recent history of major problem with long security lines.   

The problems with security have really been solved.

Here is some helpful information about Schiphol.

https://www.schiphol.nl/en/at-schiphol/services/?_gl=1*wldtlh*_up*MQ..*_ga*MTYxMTUxNjIwNi4xNzEzNTkzNzA2*_ga_SY55X9B9Q6*MTcxMzU5MzcwNi4xLjEuMTcxMzU5MzcxNi4wLjAuNjI5MjI4Mzk3

• Thanks 1

Thinking of booking a transfer from Ijmuiden to the AMS airport but not for a flight. I need to catch a train there. What would be the earliest time I could get a train? Would taxi/Uber be better?