Koningsdam Decaf Coffee

Looking for opinions, recommendations, and advice for finding the best decaf coffee on the Koningsdam.  Cannot drink regular coffee for health reasons.  At home I drink exclusively Peet’s decaf - hands down the best decaf. 

Also, does room service deliver coffee in thermal carafes and if so, how long does it stay hot?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, rwethereyet1969 said:

I agree that Peet's has the best decaf!

Does Explorations or Dutch Cafe offer a decaf latte?

Yes. Also decaffeinated cappuccino.

• Like 1

I'll only add that, although I am no coffee exper, I think that the decaf coffees at Dutch Cafe and such are as good as the regular coffees.

I am "sensitive" to caffeine and typically have a regular coffee in the morning (can only drink half of it), and then only decaf after that (afternoon and after dinner occasionally). I can't tell the difference in quality (but again - no expert)

5 hours ago, rwethereyet1969 said:

Does Explorations or Dutch Cafe offer a decaf latte?

All of the "coffee" drinks at Explorations Cafe are espresso drinks (lattes, cappucinos, straight espresso...) available as decaf. I THINK but do not know that GDC has brewed coffee/decaf), and that's why you see officers in line! (But it might be the Dutch snacks!)

• Like 1

On most of my recent cruises I ordered decaf in the MDR every evening as it was a delicious nespresso brew, no charge.  Unfortunately on my recent Koningsdam cruise they walked around with a carafe and I am pretty certain some evenings the pour was not decaf. 

The buffet will have decaf round-the-clock, and you can bring some sort of thermos if you want to keep it hot wherever you're at (I like Zojirushi tumblers). Just make sure you pour into a coffee cup and then into a personal bottle. The two cafes both have excellent decaf lattes and other drinks, and one perk of their loyalty program is a discount on espresso drinks. If you're a serious coffee connoisseur, then you could bring your own coffee and an Aeropress, and then just get hot water from a machine or room service. It just leaves a puck of coffee you can push into the garbage, so no real mess. My practice is also to visit local coffee shops in Mexico and Alaska, which are good for local ambience, resting after a day of walking, and free wifi usually. 

16 hours ago, highscar said:

Also take coffee mate.   Cream cools it down 

Not wishing to jeopardise the transatlantic special relationship but Coffee Mate is work of the devil. The worst bit about hotel rooms in North America. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, highscar said:

@wetterthanwater  sorry, would you please explain your reference to coffee mate.   We have used it for many years.  I don’t know the make in hotels. Possible several.  

Those little packets of powdered coffee mate in hotels.  Not very healthful

IMG_1571.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2024 at 8:23 AM, Sea-n-Ease said:

.  At home I drink exclusively Peet’s decaf - hands down the best decaf. 

I have not heard of Peet's down here in Tampa. I drink Starbucks decaf and love it. I'll have to look for Peet's. Thanks