*FREE* 5 day/4 night?

So I attended this webinar and received a certificate for a free 5 day/4 night cruise to Ensenada, Nassau or Cozumel with Princess, Carnival, Royal or Norweigan. I have to pay a non-refundable "processing fee" of $50 and port fees/taxes on the trip. I can't get further into the website without paying that fee so I don't know what the details are. I'm not comfortable and don't feel like it's legit.

Has anyone done this successfully? Can you share your experience please? I've done some research and the reviews are split.

Thank you!

19 minutes ago, Ebony & Ivory said:

I'm not comfortable and don't feel like it's legit.

It sounds as if it icould be a slightly different take on this offer which was widely debated last year.  A few who went along described what happened, although yours is different.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2942745-travel-and-cruise-showcase-2023-scam/#comment-65512418

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ebony & Ivory said:

So I attended this webinar and received a certificate for a free 5 day/4 night cruise to Ensenada, Nassau or Cozumel with Princess, Carnival, Royal or Norweigan. I have to pay a non-refundable "processing fee" of $50 and port fees/taxes on the trip. I can't get further into the website without paying that fee so I don't know what the details are. I'm not comfortable and don't feel like it's legit.

Has anyone done this successfully? Can you share your experience please? I've done some research and the reviews are split.

Thank you!

Well the one thing you should know for sure is that whomever is behind the website will be $50 richer from your CC should you decide to proceed.  That and they will likely have your CC information.  As to the cruise, who knows, but I wouldn't be willing to risk it to find out. JMO

I am a firm believer that if something is legit there would not be any conditions that have to be met first to find out for sure.  BTW, what was the webinar about?  Maybe that will shed some light.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

46 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

.  BTW, what was the webinar about?  Maybe that will shed some light.

It was to join some travel place that saves money on flights, hotels, etc....but when I said I wanted to research it before buying into it, I was quickly shown the proverbial door. They did send the promised voucher though. 

1 hour ago, edinburgher said:

It sounds as if it icould be a slightly different take on this offer which was widely debated last year.  A few who went along described what happened, although yours is different.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2942745-travel-and-cruise-showcase-2023-scam/#comment-65512418

I read that all, thank you. Much of it sounded very similar! That's going to be a pass from us! 🙂

Posted (edited)

I had a very similar offer from registering for a exhibition, though it was not for a cruise.  They wanted commitment and refused to show any terms or conditions of the offer.  It took me about half a minute to tell them to bug off.  

In my mind, legitimate companies would have no issue sharing details of the offer.  

Edited by ldubs

7 minutes ago, Ebony & Ivory said:

It was to join some travel place that saves money on flights, hotels, etc....but when I said I wanted to research it before buying into it, I was quickly shown the proverbial door. They did send the promised voucher though. 

Having to join by way of paying a membership in order to hopefully save money through them on future travel would turn me away as well.  How much is the membership?  How much can you save? Etc.

The voucher was sent to get your $50 IMO, with the hope that by doing so you would then join.  Maybe that was what the $50 was for - a commitment to join?

Best to stay away IMO.

8 hours ago, Ebony & Ivory said:

I read that all, thank you. Much of it sounded very similar! That's going to be a pass from us! 🙂

All of the "tempting offers" described above are more than likely variations of the same theme, so wise of you to simply pass.

I may be a pessimist but I believe that nothing is free - today.  

I just got contacted on LinkedIn to attend a full day conference in Toronto.  Looks like an amazing line up of speakers and topics.  Could not find the price for the day anywhere, but assumed that it would be in the range of $600 to $800 for the day.

Went back to the person inviting me - oh and she just connected with me on LinkedIn the day before, and she is from overseas - and she indicated that I would be her guest and that it would cost me nothing.

Why me?  You don't know me, so what value am I bringing?  This would be an expensive event to put on.

There is a scam of some kind tied up in this invitation.

Nothing is free.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2024 at 3:03 PM, Ebony & Ivory said:

So I attended this webinar and received a certificate for a free 5 day/4 night cruise to Ensenada, Nassau or Cozumel with Princess, Carnival, Royal or Norweigan.

On top of the good advice you've received above, the 5-day/4-night description is disingenuous: Cruises do not have a day without a night -- guests must be off the ship by 9:30-10am on final "day". And rarely get to board in time for lunch on Day 1. So a 4-night cruise is almost a 3-day/4-night cruise.

So right off the certificate is taking license with the truth.

On 4/26/2024 at 2:10 PM, crystalspin said:

On top of the good advice you've received above, the 5-day/4-night description is disingenuous: Cruises do not have a day without a night -- guests must be off the ship by 9:30-10am on final "day". And rarely get to board in time for lunch on Day 1. So a 4-night cruise is almost a 3-day/4-night cruise.

So right off the certificate is taking license with the truth.

It depends on if you are focusing on identifying the number of FULL days on board (meaning counting the night before the first full day and the night after the last full day).