Where is the cruise terminal in Barcelona?

MudderBear

It's my understanding that there are two terminal locations in Barcelona?  Which one does Princess use?  And can anyone suggest the easiest way to get from Plaza Cataluyna to the terminal?  Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MudderBear said:

It's my understanding that there are two terminal locations in Barcelona?  Which one does Princess use?  And can anyone suggest the easiest way to get from Plaza Cataluyna to the terminal?  Thank you.

• Like 1

Just now, Knickearth said:

Sorry, the cruise port is at the bottom of Las Ramblas which is a main road.  We have always had to grab a cab to get there.  Years ago if you walked to bottom of las Ramblas the ship was right there.  Now Princess built a docking area approx. 2 miles from las Ramblas at the dock.

• Like 3

When we stayed a few days in Barcelona between cruises we also took a cab to the cruise port when leaving. It was easy and, if I remember correctly, it wasn't really very expensive.

• Like 3

Thank you.  So if I grab a cab and ask him to take me to the Princess cruise terminal, he'll know which one to go to?  I only ask because I thought there was another cruise terminal that handled smaller vessels.

• Like 1

The cruise terminal in Barcelona where Princess ships dock is the Adossat Quay Cruise Terminal where there are five terminals - A, B, C, D and E. The Adossat Quay Terminal is about 2km from the end of Las Ramblas. There is a port shuttle for a cost that goes from near the end of Las Ramblas to the terminals at Adossat or you can get a taxi there. Either check which terminal your ship is leaving from or you will be able to see the ships once you get to the Quay and you can tell your taxi driver that you want to stop at the Princess ship.

The World Trade Centre Terminal at the foot of Las Ramblas is only for small ships and Princess ships are too large to dock there.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, PurpleTraveller said:

The cruise terminal in Barcelona where Princess ships dock is the Adossat Quay Cruise Terminal where there are five terminals - A, B, C, D and E. The Adossat Quay Terminal is about 2km from the end of Las Ramblas. There is a port shuttle for a cost that goes from near the end of Las Ramblas to the terminals at Adossat or you can get a taxi there. Either check which terminal your ship is leaving from or you will be able to see the ships once you get to the Quay and you can tell your taxi driver that you want to stop at the Princess ship.

The World Trade Centre Terminal at the foot of Las Ramblas is only for small ships and Princess ships are too large to dock there.

We stayed at the Eurostar Gran Marina at the WTC twice.  1st time was for our Royal Caribbean cruise that departed from Adossat.  2nd time was on Silversea that departed from the WTC South Terminal.  That was really nice to be able to walk from our hotel room directly to the terminal.  Also, there is a port shuttle to take you to Arossat from the WTC.  

Here is a map of the port

https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/cruise-port/map-of-barcelona-port.html

• Like 1

It’s quite a ways into the port. Just tell your taxi or private transport driver to take you to the “______ Princess”. They’ll know which terminal that ship is using. Chances are, they’ve already picked up disembarking pax from your ship that day. 

• Like 1

Hi Folks,  

We used a taxi from the port into town, and then an uber back, then found out that taxi's add a port charge, for pickup's and drop offs from the airport and cruise port, but uber dont.   The Uber driver asked what ship, and took us straight to her 😁

• Like 1