Should Concierge confirm requests sent by email>?

My cruise leaves on Sunday.  A few days ago I received the concierge email.  I responded with my time requests for Coastal Kitchen and two specialty restaurants.  (I have substantial OBC and wanted to spend it onboard).

My show reservations were made by me.

I did ask this question before, and one person answered that they received a response  (not on my cruise or ship), so I resent yesterday.  (am I on my way to being a pest?).

Still no response.  Shouldn't my specialty dining reservations be showing be showing in my Cruise Planner if Concierge made them?

5 minutes ago, mafig said:

I did ask this question before, and one person answered that they received a response  (not on my cruise or ship), so I resent yesterday.  (am I on my way to being a pest?).

I have limited Sky Class experience but I always got responses and they were usually very prompt. I don't think you're being a pest. You paid for the concierge service that comes with booking a suite. As long as you are being polite in your e-mails (I'm sure you are) I don't think you're being a pest at all.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, mafig said:

My cruise leaves on Sunday.  A few days ago I received the concierge email.  I responded with my time requests for Coastal Kitchen and two specialty restaurants.  (I have substantial OBC and wanted to spend it onboard).

My show reservations were made by me.

Still no response.  Shouldn't my specialty dining reservations be showing be showing in my Cruise Planner if Concierge made them?

Some concierge will confirm quickly and others will take a day or two. I have always gotten an email confirming they have taken care of our requests. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Some concierge will confirm quickly and others will take a day or two. I have always gotten an email confirming they have taken care of our requests. 

I replied Monday morning.  It's now Thursday and I have not heard a peep.😣

I've always heard back within 24 hours or so.  However, the concierge can work magic on board, so if for some reason they didn't act on your email request, they can probably make things right once you talk to them in person. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DandDM said:

I've always heard back within 24 hours or so.  However, the concierge can work magic on board, so if for some reason they didn't act on your email request, they can probably make things right once you talk to them in person. 

I think this is the best perspective. The pre-cruise emails from the concierge are partly for their benefit so they can take care of some requests in advance and not face a crush on Day 1. But if they don't get around to it before Day 1 they will be able to once you are on board. Also, I have had concierges who quietly take care of things without acknowledging, so maybe the reservations have already been taken care of. And they don't show in the planner for me when the concierge makes the reservation (maybe others have had different experiences but I don't remember seeing a concierge-generated reservation show up in the planner or app).

Just one more point (I have learned not to stress about reservations): maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never been turned away from a specialty restaurant or CK when I show up thinking I have a reservation. There have been a few times where we were not sure if the concierge put it in and the maitre d seemed befuddled but they almost always find a way to get us seated even if it is with a caution that the server might be extra busy with other tables. Being a suite guest usually comes with some extra white glove treatment by the staff.

To ease your concerns I suggest checking with the concierge once you are onboard if they are not replying to your emails so far, but no harm in pinging them if you want (they are there to assist you).

Posted (edited)

Thanks for your replies.

I'm just getting frustrated with them (it's two).  I answered their email within minutes of receiving it on Monday with what I thought were  pretty simple requests.  I did request early dinner in Coastal Kitchen and the two specialties because I had gone ahead and made my show reservations and this way I would have time to see them without rushing.

I just wonder why they decided my requests are not worth responding to.

Edited by mafig

I have always received a response within at least 1-2 days.  I wouldn't take it personally - it could just be a chaotic week for them.  You could always forward them the original email and just ask that you are confirming they received it.

5 minutes ago, wolfganghowell said:

I have always received a response within at least 1-2 days.  I wouldn't take it personally - it could just be a chaotic week for them.  You could always forward them the original email and just ask that you are confirming they received it.

I have done that.

9 hours ago, mafig said:

Thanks for your replies.

I'm just getting frustrated with them (it's two).  I answered their email within minutes of receiving it on Monday with what I thought were  pretty simple requests.  I did request early dinner in Coastal Kitchen and the two specialties because I had gone ahead and made my show reservations and this way I would have time to see them without rushing.

I just wonder why they decided my requests are not worth responding to.

Your specialty dining reservations will not show in your planner.  They can't unless you pay for them.  They do not actually have access to the dining system until the morning of your cruise.  What they do is keep a list snd make them that morning or let the restaurant manager know to add you in once the system switches over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, wolfganghowell said:

Agreed.  Don't take the delay personally. If you haven't received confirmation, feel free to reach back out to confirm that your request/reply was received and you should get the response you're looking for...it just may not be immediate.

The concierge team is balancing their schedules/workload to prepare for you and your fellow cruise passengers before you begin your sailing.  In the meantime, they are also busy meeting the needs/requests of guests currently onboard.

Edited by SuzD123

Thanks for your replies, your help, and concern.

Something very strange happened.

I was also emailing my travel agent and not getting a response.  So I called him.  He said he was responding to each and every email I sent (4).  I said I had received none.  He said he clicked on my From and it went to Outlook.com.  That's not my email!  How did that happen?

So I emailed the Concierge again and asked that they specifically do not click on my name but to send any reply to my email ___________.com.  

I received a reply last night.  To the correct email.  They said their emails were going to Outlook.com., but I didn't receive them.  

So all my requests have been fulfilled.  The concierges probably think I'm crazy, but I'm happy now.

Anyone know how/why this happened?

• Like 3