pre cruise hotel

Enchanted Princess Sept 7 , i Ihink out of Brooklyn terminal not confirmed , looking for hotel suggestions flying into LGA Friday  , 4 star , dining on site or close by 

Too many hotels to choose from. If I'm reading correctly, you're looking for one night? How many people and rooms? What's your budget? What time do you arrive in LGA? Are there things you want to do or see before the cruise? Are you simply looking for a place to eat, or a really nice meal?

Most nicer hotels will be in Manhattan. Lower Manhattan can be more affordable than Midtown and there are ways to get to Brooklyn by ferry if you so desire. Midtown is generally more expensive, but there's more to do if you're arriving earlier in the day.

There are hotels in Brooklyn as well, of course. If you're arriving late and just want a place to stay, those are good options.

Beyond that, depends on budget and preferences. 

On 4/27/2024 at 9:57 AM, xtrail said:

Enchanted Princess Sept 7 , i Ihink out of Brooklyn terminal not confirmed , looking for hotel suggestions flying into LGA Friday  , 4 star , dining on site or close by 

We love hotel michealanglo, only place we stay , upscale dozens of restaurants within a few blocks it’s midtown Manhattan, but you can have a great dinner and listen to music if you want . 

On 4/27/2024 at 10:57 AM, xtrail said:

Princess sails out of Brooklyn.  Perhaps stay in lower Manhattan - Holiday Inn Express, Wall Street Inn, or Eurostars Wall Street - all reasonably priced and very short walk to Pier 11 for ferry to right next to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.  Lower Manhattan financial district is safe - great restaurants: Delmonico’s Steak House, Harry’s Hanover Square, or Fraunce’s Tavern (where George Washington had farewell dinner with his senior officers).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Princess sails out of Brooklyn.  Perhaps stay in lower Manhattan - Holiday Inn Express, Wall Street Inn, or Eurostars Wall Street - all reasonably priced and very short walk to Pier 11 for ferry to right next to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.  Lower Manhattan financial district is safe - great restaurants: Delmonico’s Steak House, Harry’s Hanover Square, or Fraunce’s Tavern (where George Washington had farewell dinner with his senior officers).

I prefer midtown but my wife wants us to have another dinner at Delmonic’s which is a famous upscale steak restaurant. 

6 minutes ago, George C said:

I prefer midtown but my wife wants us to have another dinner at Delmonic’s which is a famous upscale steak restaurant. 

I'm glad they reopened but I would tell you that there are much better steakhouses in town. If you want to be in Midtown try Keen's Steakhouse. One of my all time favorites, always excellent, and beautiful original interior (vs Delmonico's which has been rebuilt inside many times over the years). Avoid Sparks-- very overrated with a waitstaff that's consistently gruff. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, princeton123211 said:

I'm glad they reopened but I would tell you that there are much better steakhouses in town. If you want to be in Midtown try Keen's Steakhouse. One of my all time favorites, always excellent, and beautiful original interior (vs Delmonico's which has been rebuilt inside many times over the years). Avoid Sparks-- very overrated with a waitstaff that's consistently gruff. 

We love Gallaghers, which also has a fantastic bar , seen many famous people there including George C Scott , we go there daily for drinks when in the city . It’s a hundred years old at original location.

10 minutes ago, George C said:

We love Gallaghers, which also has a fantastic bar , seen many famous people there including George C Scott , we go there daily for drinks when in the city . It’s a hundred years old at original location.

Gallagher’s is undeniably the best, but if you want a reasonably priced hotel and an easy access to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, lower Manhattan is the place to spend the night  - and Delmomico’s has great service and food — and if you like the idea of an “original location” you cannot beat Fraunce’s Tavern.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Gallagher’s is undeniably the best, but if you want a reasonably priced hotel and an easy access to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, lower Manhattan is the place to spend the night  - and Delmomico’s has great service and food — and if you like the idea of an “original location” you cannot beat Fraunce’s Tavern.

Back in the 1970’s I worked across the street fro Fraunce’s tavern, now about a block away from it is a street filled with pubs and traffic is not allowed, also a few blocks from Trinity church where Alexander Hamilton is buried, which is a few blocks from World Trade Center museum and memorial. But tons of other things in midtown. 

16 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Gallagher’s is undeniably the best

Of course this is all subjective, and meant to be fun and informative, but undeniably is a strong word here. I stand behind my conviction of Keen's but Gallagher's is very good. At least we can agree that both Keen's and Gallaghers doesn't fall into the pit of Sparks, Smith and Wollensky, and (as much at it kills me to say this because it was a fond staple of ours when I worked in NYC in the late 90s) Bobby Vans. Luger's can still be very, very good but its inconsistency makes it hard to justify the trip to Brooklyn. 

That being said there are a whole new group of steakhouses that might exceed either of these. 4 Charles Prime Rib was one of the best meals I've had in a while (the only issue is it's virtually impossible to get into-- we had a friend with a reservation). Cote, while a Korean steakhouse, was most likely some of the best beef I've ever had in New York. Both of these far exceeded the quality I've ever had at Gallaghers, Keens, or Peter Lugers. 

• Like 1