Help with some beverage questions please

Lois R

Hi,   I will be sailing on Eclipse next month and I booked a Sunset Sky Suite. I received an email with some questions about cabin amenities (pillow preference, bed, etc.....) They also asked what type of wine I wanted in the cabin....I don't care about wine in the cabin really.  The only thing that is a"must have" for me is STILL WATER.......(which was not listed on the email). So, I called the number on the email and spoke with a gal who told me she could not help me with that request but mentioned something about if it needs to be in the frig there would be an extra charge?.....Is that correct? IF I want Still Water, I have to pay extra for it? Has it always been that way? (I can't remember since the last time I sailed with X was over 7 years ago). I am not going to be using the mini bar for drinks but if water is part of that? I would have to say WOW.

I have several meds I have to take every morning and again in the evening and didn't think I would have to use the tap from the bathroom. Do suites get complimentary water? 

Thank you.

The mini bar is not officially included in a sky suite. Still water is included in the beverage package so you can get a bottle at any bar or on the retreat and bring it back to your suite. 

1 minute ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

The mini bar is not officially included in a sky suite. Still water is included in the beverage package so you can get a bottle at any bar or on the retreat and bring it back to your suite. 

HI Mary Lou😃 I don't think Eclipse has The Retreat but I am guessing Michael's Club would have the water too.  Thanks for the clarification and I will just have to get a couple of bottles of water after I board the ship. They are not going to charge me if I keep the bottle inside the frig to keep it cold, are they?

18 minutes ago, Lois R said:

..... I don't think Eclipse has The Retreat but I am guessing Michael's Club would have the water too.  Thanks for the clarification and I will just have to get a couple of bottles of water after I board the ship. They are not going to charge me if I keep the bottle inside the frig to keep it cold, are they?

The Retreat Lounge and Michael's Club have the same offerings.  When a ship is "revoluntionized" the name changes from Michael's Club to the Retreat Lounge.  

And if you mention your need for still water to the butler/retreat host they most likely will replenish your supply daily.

The last time we cruised in a sky suite, in November, we had large bottles of I believe Evian in the cabin that were replenished by the butler/cabin steward at no charge. Those were on the counter and not chilled (which we actually preferred). The mini-bar is not (officially) included in a sky suite or celebrity suite. Your butler/retreat host "may" offer to replenish it. If they don't, your best bet is probably to ask them to empty the fridge so you can put your own drinks in.

I know sometimes a bottle of wine or sparkling wine may be put un your cabin automatically.

You definitely can ask your cabin attendant to switch it out.

Just off Beyond sky suite on Monday and we were pleasantly surprised that our stateroom attendant and/or butler replenished water everyday. We were prepared to bring our own from the Retreat Lounge refrigerator but never had to. We had 2 large glass bottles of Evian on the first day and about 6 plastic water bottles that were replenished daily. We left our bottle of champagne behind! Have a great cruise!

17 hours ago, RK-NC said:

Just off Beyond sky suite on Monday and we were pleasantly surprised that our stateroom attendant and/or butler replenished water everyday. We were prepared to bring our own from the Retreat Lounge refrigerator but never had to. We had 2 large glass bottles of Evian on the first day and about 6 plastic water bottles that were replenished daily. We left our bottle of champagne behind! Have a great cruise!

Thank you🙂