Formal night Enchanted Princess, conflicting information

Lorenky

Just off a 3 wk cruise on the Royal Princess and I saw everything from short shorts to fancy 'costumes' on formal night (think Cinderella not cosplay). The only thing I didn't see were kilts. But this was Australia to Japan 

Now I just need to figure out where to donate my formal dresses as they are obsolete-for-me

12 hours ago, Ombud said:

Now I just need to figure out where to donate my formal dresses as they are obsolete-for-me

My wife donated all her sequin dresses to Goodwill many years ago & had never regretted it. She always complained about being uncomfortable while sitting in the theater. 

• Like 1

Just to agree but note on Cruises out of Southampton more people where formal wear. Guess its a cultural thing that Brits like to dress correctly. (awaiting flames)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Neil_c said:

Just to agree but note on Cruises out of Southampton more people where formal wear. Guess its a cultural thing that Brits like to dress correctly. (awaiting flames)

No flames from me. Well done for stating that fact 👍

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Neil_c said:

I wouldn't say correctly, just different. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, 555 said:

I wouldn't say correctly, just different. 

Then you would be wrong 

It is correct according to the code that Princess publish

Edited by Broadside
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Broadside said:

Then you would be wrong 

It is correct according to the code that Princess publish

You mean the published dress suggestions that 99.9% of the people completely disregard. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Neil_c said:

👍 well, we Americans have our own unique way of making things fit our narrative. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/27/2024 at 4:18 PM, Lorenky said:

Hello. We’ve booked our first Princess cruise on the Enchanted Princess in January, 10 night Southern Caribbean. We’re very excited.  We’ve been reading about formal night, and from what I’m reading on Cruise Critic the formal night wear varies greatly and doesn’t require a suit and tie or formal dress. My husband was planning on slacks and shoes with a button down shirt, and a tie if he has to. I was planning on black slacks and shoes with a flowy blouse. But when I spoke to a Princess representative she was clear that this would not be formal enough, and that my husband needed a jacket and I needed a cocktail dress at the minimum, or the maitre d might turn us away. Is this true?  The information on the app is consistent with what she said, but everything said on cruise critic indicates that what we were planning on wearing would be fine. Any thoughts on how to prepare for formal night? Thanks!

Leave the jacket and tie home. Sailed Enchanted 3 times without them . No issues

• Like 2

On 4/28/2024 at 1:42 PM, Steelers36 said:

We cannot expect a Princess rep to provide any other answer other than what is published in their FAQs.  I do not fault the rep at all in this situation.

I agree.  I work for an organization that is standing up a small call center as we speak and knowledge base software is essential.  And yes, we will fill the knowledge base with our straight forward policies and rules.  There is no doubt in my mind that the rep the OP talked to read the exact same text that is on the web site, and on all the printed material you are going to encounter that talks about formal night.  In fact, I'm a little surprised that that one member of the community hasn't come on the thread with a copy and paste of the web link to the formal night "rules" that is published on the Princess web site.  They usually come by and post that whenever there is a discussion about dress code or formal nights.

In practice formal night is a lot like boarding group times (which I think have gone away, not sure).  It is a suggestion that is clothed to look like a rule, but since nobody enforces it, it is barely a suggestion.  Have a great cruise.

• Like 1