Live: Queen Anne Maiden Voyage.

Colin_Cameron

2 hours ago, schattenfell71 said:

May I ask what you all expect from this Maiden Voyage?

Will there be anything special for us?

Any fireworks, special sailaways or something like that.

I am missing details from Cunard about that.

I don't really know what to expect, and I'm not hoping for things either.

It's been said on some other social sites that there will be fireworks, however, to my knowledge, nothing has been confirmed. So we'll have to wait and see on that front.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what, if anything, is planned.

On 4/29/2024 at 4:28 AM, Colin_Cameron said:

I guess. 

I assume she stopped being Hull 6274 when she was handed over to Cunard but wondered if she should be Q8 or some other designation until the naming ceremony. It took me long enough to stop referring to QE2 as 'The New Queen'. 😀

Q1 Queen Mary

Q2 Queen Elizabeth

Q3 never built

Q4 Queen Elizabeth 2

Q5 Queen Mary 2

Q6 Queen Victoria

Q7 Queen Elizabeth

Q8 Queen Anne

For years, we referred to QE2 as "The Queen," as she was the Cunard queen. When QM2 came along, she was "The Mary."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

For years, we referred to QE2 as "The Queen," as she was the Cunard queen. When QM2 came along, she was "The Mary."

Kathy,

i call her the "Mary 2"........

20 hours ago, schattenfell71 said:

May I ask what you all expect from this Maiden Voyage?

Will there be anything special for us?

Any fireworks, special sailaways or something like that.

I am missing details from Cunard about that.

As always Cunard have been keeping events tight to their chest.

Don't worry though, if yesterday's events are anything to go by, it's going to be just amazing.

• Like 2

I know it's an exciting time but there are several threads running about Queen Anne, can we please leave this one for the maiden voyage cruisers  ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Our trip down to Southampton was going great until Sally Satnav decided at the last minute (literally as we approached the junction) that she didn't fancy the A34 after all and thought it would be much more fun to take the M40, M25 and M3 ... at rush hour!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Our trip down to Southampton was going great until Sally Satnav decided at the last minute (literally as we approached the junction) that she didn't fancy the A34 after all and thought it would be much more fun to take the M40, M25 and M3 ... at rush hour!

Did you ignore her? Or did she have good reason?

I love shouting back at her when she does "recalculating route!" and "find somewhere to turn back!"

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Oops, are you still on speaking terms ?

Nope.

39 minutes ago, D&N said:

Did you ignore her? Or did she have good reason?

I wish I had. It turned the last hour of the journey into two and a quarter hours. I didn't notice at the time how much longer (or shorter) she thought it would take. Because it was last minute, I was already in the left lane ready to take the exit, I assumed she had good reason, but who knows.

Anyway, we're now in The Potters Heron, between Romsey and Chandler's Ford. Booked through Secret Escapes, and so far I'd recommend it for a night or two before a cruise. 23 mins from the Mayflower Terminal according to Google.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Train down to Southampton booked this afternoon, thankfully we've been given a 13:30 boarding time so nothing to complain about there.

We've started to comb through the speciality dining menus this evening to see what we might fancy, we hadn't done so too much prior to pre-booking.

It's all getting very exciting now!

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Nope.

I wish I had. It turned the last hour of the journey into two and a quarter hours. I didn't notice at the time how much longer (or shorter) she thought it would take. Because it was last minute, I was already in the left lane ready to take the exit, I assumed she had good reason, but who knows.

Anyway, we're now in The Potters Heron, between Romsey and Chandler's Ford. Booked through Secret Escapes, and so far I'd recommend it for a night or two before a cruise. 23 mins from the Mayflower Terminal according to Google.

I’ve booked the Hilton at the cricket ground - with a pitch facing balcony for a laugh (no match on…) 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Notice to Mariners issued by Port Of Southampton today

QUEEN ANNE - Fireworks - 03rd May 2024
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that fireworks will be displayed during the departure of

QUEEN ANNE on Friday 3rd May 2024.

The firework display for QUEEN ANNE will take place at approximately 2100 BST and be launched from barges which will be positioned to the south-east of the Dibden Bay Buoy.

There will be an enforced exclusion zone of 300m around the barges from 2045 BST and will remain in force until the display has completed. Owners of small craft who intend to view the display must adhere to this exclusion zone.

The display will last for approximately 15 minutes. Southampton VTS will broadcast warnings and variations as appropriate.

Edited by Poole Boy
Spelling
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

The circus in Mayflower Park is being nice and loud for anyone in the Holiday Inn.  Hope it won't go on all night. There is a car carrier at the Horizon Cruise Terminal so wasn't able to see the QA clearly. Just her upper superstructure (all those extra cabins above the bridge).  The barges with all the fireworks are out in the harbour. I wondered what they were but the previous post explained it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This evenings arts and craft lesson (luggage labels) has been a success! All ready to set off tomorrow morning.

Edited by MylesS
  • Like 5