Premium Plus- does it ever go on sale?

I was wondering if these ever go on sale.  The sailing in question is 18 months away so I have time to watch for it.  Otherwise maybe I should just purchase now to protect from price increases.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Just now, galveston gal said:

I was wondering if these ever go on sale.  The sailing in question is 18 months away so I have time to watch for it.  Otherwise maybe I should just purchase now to protect from price increases.

Thanks in advance!

I haven't ever seen it "go on sale."  If anything, I'd say the price (like most things recently) could go up in the future!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, galveston gal said:

Guess no one else has input.

Not to toot my own horn, but if the current input is accurate information why does anyone else need to provide input?  NCL is not like Royal Caribbean - the price of the package is what's advertised, it does not fluctuate based on season, ship or itinerary...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, galveston gal said:

Guess no one else has input.

There isn’t much more to add, NCL doesn’t put Premium Plus on sale.  Not a hard concept to understand. 

Edited by zqvol
  • Like 7

31 minutes ago, hallux said:

Not to toot my own horn, but if the current input is accurate information why does anyone else need to provide input?  NCL is not like Royal Caribbean - the price of the package is what's advertised, it does not fluctuate based on season, ship or itinerary...

Guess I would get more than 2 responses.  Thanks I will go with the responses.

hey gal, are you asking about the actual cruise prices or your latitudes status as platinum plus. as far a s the prices go, they hardly ever change from ncl's "alleged" sales. if youre unlucky enough  to book a cruise, you'll might see a rate change a few days after the final payment is do. (dont laugh it's a bad habit of ncl).

if youre asking about your platinum plus status, that's determined by  the number of nights on your cruise, as well as the category cabin. sometimes latitude points are added if they are offered in conjunction with a latitude  offer.

other wise, your next step is to book a cruise, possible in a suite (at least double the points) that will bump you up to sapphire.  FYI, once you reach platinum plus, the perks at higher levels arent that outstanding

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, galveston gal said:

Guess I would get more than 2 responses.  Thanks I will go with the responses.

Why would you get more than 2 responses if the responses are correct? I'd generally come by and say "oh, the question has been answered accurately and I have nothing more to add" and keep on with my merry life. To answer the question (again) the onboard packages do not go on sale. Ever.

• Like 4

I’ve never seen it go on sale, but I think there’s a lot of value in FAS+.

I always upgrade to unlimited internet with streaming. On my upcoming 15 day cruise that’s $379 that I’m going to spend regardless. FAS+ w/streaming Wi-Fi is $780 less the $379 that I had planned on spending anyway, that means I get Premium plus (which I love and don’t want to cruise without) and 2 specialty dining credits for $401.

To upgrade to PP alone would be $522 + 2 specialty dining at $82….$604 in value for $401 (33% savings?…something like that).

Economies scale to 7 day cruises but I don’t have the exact figures (well, don’t want to look it up).

Even better if streaming Wi-Fi isn’t required, FAS+ would then be $630.

Note: this is based on a solo cruiser. It’s been a long day and tired of dodging tornadoes.

Edited by JamesIowa
Math is hard and I’ve been drinking
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Maanio said:

Well it's not completely accurate.

NCL Europe actually has sales on the NORMAL FAS package. Only upon booking the cruise.

FAS+ not though.

FAS is part of the initial booking process. The question is regarding post booking add ons, which are never discounted (outside of the standard discounts for upgrading).